Author Topic: SMA...but with Standards!  (Read 10889 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: SMA...but with Standards!
« Reply #30: December 21, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »
And the D'Harans are hobbits. that makes sense, 6 meals a day explains all the starvation.

And Morek and Libero are the wasted ruins of Arnor, a fitting comparison. And Kabrinskia is a strange and isolated kingdom ruled by a witch-queen... oh yeah, Lothlorien.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: December 21, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
All this talk about LOTR ignores the very real parallels between Dwilight and Game of Thrones.  To wit: our monsters and the Others, our undead and the white walkers, and the fact that Dwilight looks almost exactly like a map of the Seven Kingdoms.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: December 21, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »
Ever since I read Game of Thrones, I've thought that the world of ASoIaF and BattleMaster were the perfect fit. The entire political maneuvering and scenarios, with just a touch of magic in the background .. it's perfect.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #33: December 21, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »
Ever since I read Game of Thrones, I've thought that the world of ASoIaF and BattleMaster were the perfect fit. The entire political maneuvering and scenarios, with just a touch of magic in the background .. it's perfect.

Well, you got any connections to the right-holders of Game of Thrones? I'd be willing to allow them to run a Game-of-Thrones official BM world. For the right amount of cash, of course. :-)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: December 21, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
...I know his web site address...

Probably not enough of a connection, though.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: December 21, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »
Well, you got any connections to the right-holders of Game of Thrones? I'd be willing to allow them to run a Game-of-Thrones official BM world. For the right amount of cash, of course. :-)
Damn, that would be a good way to get more players.