Author Topic: Lurian News  (Read 55657 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian News
« Reply #45: August 24, 2011, 04:46:14 AM »
Oh no! Amaury jumped off a cliff!

Rage quit!  ;D

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: August 24, 2011, 04:48:33 AM »
Rage quit!  ;D

"All that was left of him was his trademark maroon cape. Sebastian immediately sent men down to scour the area for his body, but the waves would have claimed it long before they reached the water. And as if the gods had taken him themselves, so did Amaury Capet vanish off the face of the earth..."

Or did he?  ;)
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: August 24, 2011, 05:12:53 AM »
Still do not agree with pausing and unpausing in the future simply because Luria plans to ban you...

You *can* ban a paused character.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: August 24, 2011, 09:05:42 AM »
Why would you have to drop them as militia?

If I bring them into LN without any treaty, won't they attack? No passage rights. Though I've never gone on such a diplo mission with a non-ally.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: August 24, 2011, 10:18:45 AM »
Not when we sign peace first.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: August 24, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
If I bring them into LN without any treaty, won't they attack? No passage rights. Though I've never gone on such a diplo mission with a non-ally.

Are passage rights even properly implemented yet?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: August 24, 2011, 02:22:53 PM »
Still do not agree with pausing and unpausing in the future simply because Luria plans to ban you...
Paused nobles can be banned.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: August 24, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
Are passage rights even properly implemented yet?
No. None of the treaties have any game mechanics effects.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: August 24, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »

And what's the difference between this and leaving/returning?

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: August 24, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »
And what's the difference between this and leaving/returning?

A great deal. Someone leaving to go off to SA again or w/e is at least taking their punishments as proscribed or whatever, unlike say what Tim did with Alanna.

Dont get me wrong, I love the RP behind it, but the game mechanics being used which directly mean someone cannot take action against you just... well its the very much like Alanna still being a Royal and untouchable... Its not good roleplay in a mechanics point of sense.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: August 24, 2011, 07:17:16 PM »
A great deal. Someone leaving to go off to SA again or w/e is at least taking their punishments as proscribed or whatever, unlike say what Tim did with Alanna.

Dont get me wrong, I love the RP behind it, but the game mechanics being used which directly mean someone cannot take action against you just... well its the very much like Alanna still being a Royal and untouchable... Its not good roleplay in a mechanics point of sense.

2011-08-23      Alanna      Joined the realm of (rogue)
2011-08-23      Alanna      Banned from Pian en Luries by Koli.
Reason: Leader of a failed rebellion

She was banned. And she's not paused. I don't get what you are trying to say.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: August 24, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
2011-08-23      Alanna      Joined the realm of (rogue)
2011-08-23      Alanna      Banned from Pian en Luries by Koli.
Reason: Leader of a failed rebellion

She was banned. And she's not paused. I don't get what you are trying to say.

This was this time after she tried a rebellion. What I was talking about was when Alanna was paused because Tim heard OOC on IRC or something about the rebellion that was to happen that very day that would have won and thus lost her royal status, which following my other post would mean ban and possible execution (which is what was at least talked about). IE the character would not have been able to lead a rebellion because she wouldnt have even been allowed in PeL/LN.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: August 24, 2011, 07:52:20 PM »
This was this time after she tried a rebellion. What I was talking about was when Alanna was paused because Tim heard OOC on IRC or something about the rebellion that was to happen that very day that would have won and thus lost her royal status, which following my other post would mean ban and possible execution (which is what was at least talked about). IE the character would not have been able to lead a rebellion because she wouldnt have even been allowed in PeL/LN.

To be clear, royal status never crossed my mind when I paused her.  I wasn't exactly thinking in a cold and calculated manner.

I paused because I couldn't deal with the stress of yet another fight there.

Later on, when I calmed down some, I expected Askileon to join Luria Nova, and Pian en Luries to be a pathetic shell of itself, soon to fall as Poryatown starved.

After that plan was scotched, I expected to have Alanna make a lot of noise in a very short time, then run off to the north and attempt to get together an army to take back her throne. (Which was about as likely as the rebellion succeeding)

It wasn't until after I unpaused her and Matt mentioned it to me that I even realized Alanna was still a royal.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: August 24, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »
To be clear, royal status never crossed my mind when I paused her.  I wasn't exactly thinking in a cold and calculated manner.

I paused because I couldn't deal with the stress of yet another fight there.

Later on, when I calmed down some, I expected Askileon to join Luria Nova, and Pian en Luries to be a pathetic shell of itself, soon to fall as Poryatown starved.

After that plan was scotched, I expected to have Alanna make a lot of noise in a very short time, then run off to the north and attempt to get together an army to take back her throne. (Which was about as likely as the rebellion succeeding)

It wasn't until after I unpaused her and Matt mentioned it to me that I even realized Alanna was still a royal.

Right right. Err I didnt mean it quite like I put it, sorry!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: August 24, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »

I'm fairly sure even paused nobles can be banned. And even if they can't, then they can be banned the instant they return.