Author Topic: The custom council position names & government system mod  (Read 3739 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
I haven't had a char be ruler for 4-5 years now so the custom names thing is quite new to me. Can you always change the names of the 4 council positions when you're ruler or how does it work?

Also, government system. You need a rebellion to change the official stance from i.e democracy to monarchy, but can you change if the positions are elected and how often (or not at all) without a rebellion?

I.e a monarchies can be quite different from each other. One can be that ruler/judge is elected only once and general/banker as appointed. Another can have that ruler is elected once, judge quarterly and general/banker monthly.

Do you get what I'm trying to say? I'm not completely sure it will come across ;)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's clear to me, I think.

To give you an exampe, I had a char that became ruler in a Monarchy. He was elected Regent, but I could readily change my own title to Grand Duke, as well as all other council positions. Changing from 'elected' to appointment was also possible from day one, as well as changes from 'elect quarterly' to 'monthly' or 'once', and 'all vote', 'only Lords vote', 'Dukes vote' or 'Lords representative'.

In short: you can customize everything, as long as you stay within the same system of government :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
In short: you can customize everything, as long as you stay within the same system of government :)

This.

Male and female titles, voting weights, position "power" (not implemented), lordship chosing method are all decided by the ruler.

Changing it creates unrest in the realm, however.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
This.

Male and female titles, voting weights, position "power" (not implemented), lordship chosing method are all decided by the ruler.

Changing it creates unrest in the realm, however.

Ok cool.

So how do you change from official tyranny to official monarchy after a succesful rebellion?
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Never been there, sorry. I've only seen one rebellion, in Fissoa, but that was a really strange situation. We made the Ruler ('we' didn't like him) rebel against himself, and somehow, we got rid of him that way. :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Ok cool.

So how do you change from official tyranny to official monarchy after a succesful rebellion?

After a successful rebellion, where the ruler does not step down and is overthrown, the rebel leader gets to reform the government as he pleases.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
You can customize almost everything. Remember that there are certain fundamental things related to the official government style that cannot be changed by customizing the government style. Things like the ruler-region bonus, whether or not the ruler loses office when imprisoned, and many others others, are features of the official government style that cannot be changed by the players.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
You can customize almost everything. Remember that there are certain fundamental things related to the official government style that cannot be changed by customizing the government style. Things like the ruler-region bonus, whether or not the ruler loses office when imprisoned, and many others others, are features of the official government style that cannot be changed by the players.

Remind me again about office loss due to imprisonment?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Anaris posted it somewhere. I think it was that in Monarchy, Theocracy, and Tyranny, rulers don't lose their position when captured. In republics and democracies, they do. You'd have to find his post to make sure.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.