Author Topic: Wave attack  (Read 7255 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Wave attack
« Reply #15: August 20, 2011, 06:58:57 AM »
I have to stop the TO :( oh well I might just let them. Damn Fronen is as well as dead at this point :P

Why? You could just come in to re TO it after.

Also, if they don't own the region, they won't use the walls. You know this, right?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: August 20, 2011, 07:02:46 AM »
I am pretty sure they will use the walls if they start the TO. Am I wrong? If I am why am I not attacking them? lol

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 20, 2011, 07:05:55 AM »
I am pretty sure they will use the walls if they start the TO. Am I wrong? If I am why am I not attacking them? lol

Wrong. But you won't get to use them either.

All of the previous statements done by myself and Bedwyr were made considering your statement that they were gonna have those walls.

So go bash on their heads before they finish the TO, already.

And don't lose hope. Enweil successfully fought off the combined armies of Sint, Mesh, Hetland, and Heen for quite a while. You can muster the same.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #18: August 20, 2011, 07:10:41 AM »
Ahh. Well if they want us to become turtle lovers fine we will love our turtle shells. Let's see how long we can last with our fortifications :D

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: August 20, 2011, 07:14:25 AM »
If I am fighting them on the field without any fortification,

what things should I consider when I am making the settings?

200 cav is kind of a lot. I want to use the box settings but then archers will just eat them alive unless the weather is bad. Maybe wedge for infantries....

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 20, 2011, 07:15:24 AM »
Ahh. Well if they want us to become turtle lovers fine we will love our turtle shells. Let's see how long we can last with our fortifications :D

You won't have the fortifications either, though, for as long as the takeover is running. If you break the takeover with the first wave, though, then you could use the walls for the second fight. I haven't got much experience with breaking takeovers, though, so I'm not sure what it'd take for the takeover to abort.

Zakilevo

« Reply #21: August 20, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
ah no worries I will just make another topic to ask others :) Thank you for the help though Chenier :D

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 20, 2011, 08:24:29 PM »
If you have any idea what their settings are, that will help a lot.  Now, one tactic is to have a single unit suicide before your main attack to find out what formations and settings they are using.  They can, of course, change what they're set to in the intervening turn...But it sounds like you may not have many options at this point.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 22, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »
I am pretty sure they will use the walls if they start the TO. Am I wrong?
Yes.

The only forces that can ever use the walls are the region owner's forces. But there are situations where the region owner themselves can't use the walls. Such as if the region owner is trying to stop an enemy TO.

If the region owner gets the walls, anyone fighting on their side will also get to use the walls. But the region owner must have forces in the battle for this to happen.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.