Author Topic: The Enweil/Riombara thread  (Read 54858 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
The Enweil/Riombara thread
« Topic Start: August 20, 2011, 06:55:14 AM »
Hello all. I joined Enweil just a month ago and I have absoloutely no idea what is going on. Everyone is always referring to "what happened before" regarding Enweil but I wasn't there.

Furthermore, it seems to always come up in the Dwilight forums (where I constantly dwell) and I have no idea what the deal is!

Please tell?  ::) and package the information for an absolute beluaterra noob.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:56:46 AM by Shane "Shenron" O'neil »
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Enweil/Riombara thread
« Reply #1: August 20, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »
Hello all. I joined Enweil just a month ago and I have absoloutely no idea what is going on. Everyone is always referring to "what happened before" but I wasn't there.

Furthermore, it seems to always come up in the Dwilight forums (where I constantly dwell) and I have no idea what the deal is!

Please tell?  ::)

Happy reading  8)

Or, you know, you could ask people IC? It's always more interesting to see how they remember the events.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 20, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »
Enweil and Riombara have been fighting since Jun 2003. Its easily the longest running grudge outside the EC and possibly in all of Battlemaster.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 20, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
Enweil and Riombara have been fighting since Jun 2003. Its easily the longest running grudge outside the EC and possibly in all of Battlemaster.

So I guess there won't be any quick history?  :P
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: August 20, 2011, 09:09:56 AM »
I am surprised Enweil hasn't killed Riombara. Guess Enweil wasn't strong enough or Riombara was stronger than they thought?

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 20, 2011, 10:15:22 AM »
I am surprised Enweil hasn't killed Riombara. Guess Enweil wasn't strong enough or Riombara was stronger than they thought?

If you ask Chenier, we are always saved by events like invasions or other realms.

If you ask me, last time we were winning and then Enweil was saved by the invasion. ;)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 20, 2011, 11:06:54 AM »
In this war, though, Riombara has a major strategical advantage. We have two regions in which we can easily defend against Enweil. Meanwhile I'm having fun playing cat & mouse with the Enweilians.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 20, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »
If you ask Chenier, we are always saved by events like invasions or other realms.

If you ask me, last time we were winning and then Enweil was saved by the invasion. ;)

The Dominion was about to be crushed, and Rio would follow as it was beforehand.

Also, Riombara was down to nothing but Grehk when the whole western bloc back-stabbed us.

Before the third invasion, though, I can't say.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 20, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
In this war, though, Riombara has a major strategical advantage. We have two regions in which we can easily defend against Enweil. Meanwhile I'm having fun playing cat & mouse with the Enweilians.

This was always the case, though, at least in the wars I participated in. Sure, you didn't have fwuvoghor before, but attacking the north left the south exposed. Avalon had played a great role in cracking that defensive shell. Fwuvoghor prevents looting parties, but it wouldn't be that hard to defeat if Enweil decided to commit to it.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 20, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »
Also, Riombara was down to nothing but Grehk when the whole western bloc back-stabbed us.

Before the third invasion, though, I can't say.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Von_Genf_Family/Olivier/Shooting_Turkeys

Then you fled, never came close again, and we quadrupled in size within 2 months.

Imagine if we had been winning.....  8)
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 20, 2011, 09:23:18 PM »
It's funny to read reports in the "Glory of Enweil" and see how defeats have been conveniently left out. It is without a doubt the best piece of propaganda in the game and it's exactly that kind of thing that makes Enweil the enjoyable enemy that it is.

It's also a great indicator of how Enweil is doing. No reports? They're in trouble. :P

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 20, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »

Then you fled, never came close again, and we quadrupled in size within 2 months.

Awesome that you saved that battle. :) It was one of my first battles with Mithridates in Riombara I think, I still had the range 5 SF that I took from Melhed back then. Those were freaking killing machines. (I heard mismanagement of the region destroyed the centre.... :P)
Anyway, good times, and a good indication of what happens during the GoE's silent periods. :)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 21, 2011, 01:16:32 PM »
It's funny to read reports in the "Glory of Enweil" and see how defeats have been conveniently left out. It is without a doubt the best piece of propaganda in the game and it's exactly that kind of thing that makes Enweil the enjoyable enemy that it is.

It's also a great indicator of how Enweil is doing. No reports? They're in trouble. :P

Perhaps you misread the title. It, in fact, did not say "Defeats of Enweil."
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 21, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »
Perhaps you misread the title. It, in fact, did not say "Defeats of Enweil."

Haha. I guess it doesn't... :) That'd be a paper my Riombaran character would gladly pay for though. :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 21, 2011, 09:08:10 PM »
Awesome that you saved that battle. :) It was one of my first battles with Mithridates in Riombara I think, I still had the range 5 SF that I took from Melhed back then. Those were freaking killing machines. (I heard mismanagement of the region destroyed the centre.... :P)
Anyway, good times, and a good indication of what happens during the GoE's silent periods. :)

You mention victories in battle... Yet all battles took place in Riombara lands, and Riombara was reduced to Grehk nonetheless.

Yes, Riombara won battles, because it ran away from every battle where it wasn't assured victory. Winning battles isn't enough to make one win a war.

Eh, yes we came back. Then the Dominion of Alluran declared war on us. And were *much* less fortified than you were, so we decided to attack them instead to get them out of the way first. And it's easy to quadruple your size when you have just 1 region left. "Imagine if you had been winning?" That's the point, though. You weren't.

Yes, Enweil lost some battles. But considering that it never lost a region, and that all battles were fought in Riombara lands, and that Riombara had been shrunk to nothing but their capital, I think it is painfully clear who the victor was.

GoE pretty much died out when my character Nicolas died in battle. I wrote a few articles since, but I am no no longer in Enweil anymore either. It's not silent because Enweil is losing, it's silence because of reasons that are completely independent of Enweil.