Author Topic: Join new realm - Terran, Asylon, Barca or D'Hara?  (Read 30308 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Exactly as the title sounds like. Please present your arguments. Charm and convince me :D
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
None of the above.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
Barca because it's ossim.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
None of the above.

You're welcome to suggest others, but I have my mind set on that area so it will be an uphill struggle ;)

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Barca because it's ossim.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Barca-slang. What in the name of the holy rainman is ossim?

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Barca-slang. What in the name of the holy rainman is ossim?

Haha. Ossim is the spelling of "awesome" that I'm trying to inflict upon battlemaster.
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
You're welcome to suggest others, but I have my mind set on that area so it will be an uphill struggle ;)
I will give you all the options you have in Dwilight

The area hasn't had war for a very very long time.
I hear from Several people that Terran is a diverse and interesting realm with good players, but it will take another irl year/half year for them to get involved in war. They get rogue attacks but not so much as some of your others options. Terran is however, has a good military and is eager to fight and was on the brink of war two times past half year. But eventually war never broke out.
Terran is part of a strong alliance block with Barca and D'hara.

Barca is a finally quite stable starting new realm, who will need more nobles to expand.
Allthough taxes will be very very meager for a very long time.
They border the Zuma which is interesting and also a great food importer.
Rogues form a constant treat and become very dangerous in the winter times, this is what you will be fighting.
In the future they could see some interesting competition from the South.\
Barca is part of a strong alliance pact with D'hara and Terran.

Asylon is somewhat the same as described under Barca(starting new small realm).
The exception is that it holds much more interesting religious diversity and much less rogue attacks.
It has an interesting position bordering itualand, Via and Golden Farrow, it will see alot of new diplomatic situations and interesting political opportunities.

D'hara is quite different. A rich realm in constant struggle for food with no wars for quite some time and no rogue attacks(yes they never get rogue attacks, or perhaps very very rarely.) They thus suffer from too much peace penalties and constant starvation.
Could be interesting to find away out of this for them/with them.
In the past they did defend there homes vigilantly, but could not muster as much forces as Terran, who only has grown since then.
D'hara holds good close relations with Terran and Barca.

Fissoa is very ambitious, trying to ever expand beyond the possible borders.
They might have some interesting diplomatic options, but they have a territorial dispute with Luria nova that has caused many wars before and will probably not be solved as easily.
Fissoa holds decent relations with Madina and D'hara.

Lurian realms can be interesting at this moment, they constantly fight each other for power while they try to build up a cultural empire. They will found a new realm soon as well.
If you wish to be part of funding that realm, now is the time to join the Shinnen duchy.

The left overs of Cearwyn have an intresting struggle that would seem like a new realm as well, they will require lots of fresh minds with great and active diplomatic skills to survive, they will probably go for Itua and try to secure the lands they can.
Asylon could become an important ally against mainly rogues.

Aurvendil and Madina are the only realms with active warfare now, though it is a war fought on a small ocean channel between Fatmilak and Candiels, the hatred between the two realms is epic and atleast in Madina we have lots of roleplaying, drama and literally fighting for your life.
Madina or Aurvendil will remain interesting after the war, what ever side wins as Madina will see a great purge of nobles from the Former Cearwyn, one of Madinas many colonies.

Northern SA realms:
I do not know much about there possible futures but at the moment, mainly Astrum is working on establishing a new realm in Golden Farrow, they plan to put a fanatic fundamentalist in power there, which will be fun.
Sumerdale and Libero Empire might have some issues that won't resolve very easily that could turn out into a war.
Secession happen in the SA realms, but not very likley since there most fanatic and troublesome core is busy founding a new realm in Golden Farrow.
The SA realms have become closer together because of the past war against Cearwyn.
Corsanctum will probably be least effected by any possible war and it looks like they want to recolonize Unterstorm duchy, so they will need extra nobles.
Establishing a new realm there might also be an option for the future.

Looking at this, you have many intresting options.
But of course in the end, you will have to look for your self what suits you best and perhaps you can only see that when you truly joined a realm.
Friendliness to new players or openness to foreigners could also be important for you, which you will only notice when your character is part of a realm.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:10:45 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Fissoa is very ambitious, trying to ever expand beyond the possible borders.

It might seem like nothing ever happens in Fissoa, because we have little territorial expansion. Nonetheless, I've thouroughly enjoyed my time there.

Stupid Palm Sea:)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:02:22 PM by Shizzle »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
The area hasn't had war for a very very long time.
I hear from Several people that Terran is a diverse and interesting realm with good players, but it will take another irl year/half year for them to get involved in war. They get rogue attacks but not so much as your other options.

Except for the fact that just this week the Republican Expeditionary Force was sent on an urgent mission to possibly engage Luria Nova. Outbreak of war with Luria Nova was only minutes away it seemed.

Also, I'm going to argue that you come to Terran. We're a great realm with active players and neat culture. Also, we are very welcoming to new nobles and actively seek to involve them and help them along. Also, we have plenty of room for you. We just acquired another region, in fact.

But, if you don't choose Terran. Barca, D'Hara and Asylon are truly all your next best choices on Dwilight. You really can't go wrong with any of these four realms.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Fissoa lives only because of Lurian's permission.

Join a Lurian realm :D PeL is always taking people :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Actually I'm really happy with the way Fissoa is going. Our new system/leader is making the realm is much more active place. After a few more demolitions of old power I really can't see whats stopping Fissoa from becoming a southern Terran (minus the whole republic thing: yuck)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Asylon could always have another noble. Despite what Nosferatus, were actually much more different from Barca. For one, we experience less monster attacks. Our geography only lets monsters come from two points and as such, we've experienced Too Much Peace a couple times due to the lack of fighting. Our regions are well developed and we are able to produce a decent income for the knights. There is lots of room to expand in Asylon. South just above the Zuma territory, and possibly east and north into the former areas of Caerwyn.

As mentioned we have a few religions. Sanguis Astroism, Verdis Elementum and Cordatus Besterium are all the religions "competing" to gain followers. Not really much tension and intrigue surrounding them, but I'd hopefully expect more once they start growing bigger.

Everyone is usually involved in discussions in the realm and advancement is quite easy if you involve yourself in realms matters a bit. Although some of the members are quite opinionated, we quite tightly knit as all small realms should be.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Will Asylon take in Lurian Refugees?
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
If they be good. I'd like to be rebel free in the west. ;)

EDIT: At least until were bigger.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:39:23 PM by Adriddae »

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Interesting,

Thank you for everything so far. I'd like to have more meat on my bones though so any comments you may have, write em!
A special thank you to Nosferatus for giving such a great overview. I'm surprised you can keep track of what everyone on the whole island is sort of doing :)

I'm so far curious about the new possible realm in Golden Farrow aswell as the realms in the subject line.