Author Topic: New Player Retention  (Read 20164 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: New Player Retention
« Topic Start: March 06, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
I agree that the Mentor system is half-functional at best, since the best mentors I know in the game are ones that I've talked to on IRC...and don't even mention the ones that mentored my chars.  It seems that most active players would rather have heroes, cavaliers, or infiltrators etc rather than be a mentor just for the fame points.

There is the rare capable and awesome mentor, but note that I used the singular form, since they are like rare pokemon, occurring in every 50 realms or so. :)

Thus, we need to capitalize on those awesome players and their abilities to instruct and teach.  Perhaps have mentorship as a cloud rather than per realm, where players can just ask questions.  Though it seems like they might spill valuable information, how much do they *actually* have available?  Not much.  And would you rather they stay and become an awesome noble/knight/lord/duke/councilmember for your realm or leave as a dissatisfied new player?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.