Author Topic: Rise of the Engine  (Read 15447 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Engine
« Reply #30: September 02, 2011, 03:50:45 PM »
actually, spontaneous magic and rituals use the same calculations for concentration and energy as spells do.

I agree they should use less, but not nothing. you can't really relax during a ritual.

I agree with this, but what I'm saying is there a way for it to say calculate how long it will take to complete the spell, for a ritual for instance, and then just subtract all additional concentration hours youw ould receive over that time period and stop them from being added. If based upon your calculations for casting rituals, I wanted to cast a 100 power ritual and it was to take lets say 200 hours to cast, there is no way I have enough concentration from "20" concentration.  However, if you take the concentration used over the course of the 200 hour casting period it should be enough. Thus, the casting should work, you just won't have any concentration available for a long time.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."