Author Topic: Rise of the Engine  (Read 15530 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Engine
« Reply #30: September 07, 2011, 04:02:22 PM »
The "Skills" page (http://lemuria.org/SM3/welcome/skills) says "...no magician can create an effect with a power level beyond the sum of his levels in the skills required." This should be amended to note that you must have a skill level of at least one in both the Intent and Base. The way it reads now seems to indicate that you don't, as long as your skill in the other is high enough to compensate.

Would it be possible for the spell list page to indicate which spells you can and can't cast? Maybe some kind of shading, green means you can, red means you can't, or something else. Maybe separate lists. Whatever way, it will become tedious to try and remember what spells you can and can't cast. If we use separate lists, the Parser can then offer only those spells your character has the skills to cast. Much more user-friendly.

The Spell list itself, I think, could stand to be much more friendly, as well. It would be nice if it could show me how much energy and concentration it would take to cast the spell, and how much I have right now, too. Otherwise we have to remember the formulas, do the math,and then keep swapping back and forth between our character page and our spell list to figure out what we can cast.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.