Author Topic: Realm Box map fixing/editing  (Read 5294 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Realm Box map fixing/editing
« Topic Start: October 01, 2011, 05:28:05 AM »
As far as I know, Gsklee custom drew the source for those minimaps pixel by pixel, by hand. That's a LOT of work. But then he never gave the code to anyone. So when he went away, the code as lost.

Tim rigged up something using SVG and overlays on the dynamic maps that was pretty neat. But it depends on good SVG maps. The ones I created weren't all that good. It was OK for EC, and I think finished AT/BT, but I never did Dwilight.

Weren't you working on SVG maps of the islands? If those were available, then there's a lot Tim could do with them.

I was, but then I got busy. And now I'm not sure if it's worth it, with the new come maps?

In any case, the way I do them gives a LOT of precision. It therefore, obviously, takes a lot of time. And I've got an overbooked schedule, however unlikely that may sound.

I only finished AT/BT. I don't think I had significant progress on any other continent. I was gonna do Dwilight, but it's so biiiig... And for Tim to do something of it, don't I need to do it for *all* continents? That's a lot of work... And not particularly fun work at that.

As for what Gsklee did, did anyone ask him?

Obviously, the scale at which he worked made it a ton easier for him to do than what we were doing.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron