Author Topic: Spells Feedback  (Read 51870 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Spells Feedback
« Reply #30: August 29, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
There will also be different methods of gaining spells than the "spell creation" interface. I want to leave that even though I don't want to have much invention, because it allows you, the players, to be creative instead of having to rely on whatever spells the small GM team can come up with. But invention is not intended to be a major source of spells for your character.
So please don't stick to spell invention as a source of spells. That's not what it's for. That is why there is no guarantee that you automatically learn the spells you invented - and also no guarantee that we won't be giving it to someone else.
Hmm... OK. That makes things make a bit more sense, then. I was under the impression that the creation of spells was intended to be more significant in the playing of the game. The fact that designing a spell doesn't confer any form of ownership, or guarantee that you'll even have the spell IG puts a whole new light on things. In other words, putting spells into the interface means that we are participating not in character development, but world building. We are, in effect, writing a common spell book from which the GMs can pull source material.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.