Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 6332 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Team Fortress 2
« Topic Start: August 26, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »
Perhaps atypical for many people on these forums, but I started playing TF2 a few days ago. I downloaded it because it's free now :) Anyway, it's a cool game, and it would be nice if some people would join me playing. Nothing too serious, though.

My steam account name is Fry_Shizzle. As I only play TF2 on steam, my account is limited, so I cannot make friend requests. But people playing other steam games can invite me.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #1: August 26, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »
I've downloaded it but I'm still to play it. I'll probably give it a go after Portal 2 and when I get bored of Global Agenda :P

How are people with newbies? I've seen a lot of bashing of the free players because of them being 1) free, 2) bad at the game :S

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 26, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »
I've downloaded it but I'm still to play it. I'll probably give it a go after Portal 2 and when I get bored of Global Agenda :P

How are people with newbies? I've seen a lot of bashing of the free players because of them being 1) free, 2) bad at the game :S

I've only seen that bashing on internet forums and stuff. Generally ingame people don't really even know that you're f2p.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 26, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »
I stopped playing before it became free as I didn't like the waves of cross-promotions, the store and the over-abundance of hats. Recent news from the TF2 front has not been promising, but I wouldn't know about anything regarding attitude after it became free. I had a few very friendly nice servers. Maybe I'll fire it up again some day again, as I really enjoyed the game before that. I don't have hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay for no reason :)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 26, 2011, 09:59:39 PM »

They don't know. I've had no problem really, with unnice people. I guess I can't blame pro's for being mad when I pwn them with my stock weapons :D

I turned off the in-game voice chat, though.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 26, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »
You can easily mute certain people when needed. On the right servers, the ingame voice chat really enhances the game greatly. Just gotta hit the right bunch of nice people.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 26, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »
You can easily mute certain people when needed. On the right servers, the ingame voice chat really enhances the game greatly. Just gotta hit the right bunch of nice people.

If you have any servers to recommend, please share! :)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 26, 2011, 11:50:44 PM »
The valve KOTH servers tend to not have any !@#$%^&s in them, and generally the skill level is fairly low so you should be able to not get stomped every round.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 27, 2011, 12:01:28 AM »
The valve KOTH servers tend to not have any !@#$%^&s in them, and generally the skill level is fairly low so you should be able to not get stomped every round.

I'll check them out, thanks!

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 04, 2011, 06:29:26 PM »
I've been playing on and off since release myself! Now I tend to stick around the Free Frag servers since they have decent map rotations, some nice people, and tend to have people who know what theyre doing. I never noticed much flak against new players either. There are a few bad apples, but they dont take too much away from the experience.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 04, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »
FuG Community Servers:

:Team Fortress 2:
**FUG'S CONVOY SERVER** 209.239.123.164:27015
**FUG'S 2FORT SERVER** 72.9.144.105:27015
**FUG'S BACK 2 BEARSICS SERVERS** 216.6.235.13:27015 &
72.9.144.106:27015
**FUG'S PAYLOAD SERVER** 72.9.144.107:27015
**FUG'S HOVEL OF TOMFOOLERY** 72.9.144.199:27030
**FUG'S MIXED NUTZ SERVER** 72.9.144.198:27015

I think those FreeFag servers were FUG's at some time, but I don't know what happened there. When I still actively played TF2, I was usually on the B2Bearsics Servers and the Payload server (Hovel of Tomfoolery is for wacky weird maps). However, in the last days, the servers generally only had a decent amount of players at certain times of the day. The people were very friendly and fun to play with though.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:58:59 PM by Telrunya »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 04, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »
'kay! thanks :)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 04, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
I played a lot of FUG servers too with Back2Bearsics being my main, but I stopped playing there for a bit when they were having some troubles and suddenly they seemed to either be really hard to find or have barely anyone in them. So I'm not sure what happened there.

If you go to www.freefrag.com you can find the IP's by clicking on the server list along the top. It shows the other games they host on there too. The one I frequent is their 24/7 Payload, which sometimes has a wait to get into, but its rarely not full if youre looking for a lot of action.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 05, 2011, 01:59:07 AM »
I tend to prefer servers with 10-15 players, on all FPS games. With more players, you can't really weigh on the match - unless you're way better than me I guess :P

Talking about FPS, doesn anyone still play W:ET?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 05, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »
I'm with a 'Tribe' of players that all originated in ET. Most of us have moved on from ET to other games, but some of them still play, the rest sometimes firing it up again when some guys want to play against us / we get some effort to get everyone to play. Mostly, we need a good relaxed pub server we can hang out on if you know any :)