Author Topic: Spell ideas  (Read 6816 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Spell ideas
« Topic Start: August 29, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
I, too, have had some difficulties making spells. But for me, it's more a problem of fitting them into the Base/Intent system, rather than figuring out what spells I'd like to have. As a result, I haven't entered a single one.

Just enter them and let the GMs come back to you? That's what I've done with each of my spells. The worst thing to do is nothing :)

I don't get the effects, target and duration - for the same spell. So, let's say Fireball: there'll be only one Fireball spell at a specific effect, target and duration? What if I wanted a small effect or short duration? Or another time a larger effect or longer duration or a mixture?

I think it depends how you phrase the description. So for example, I'd do something like this:

Breath of the Sun [harm, fire, 4, 5, 1]

The very energy of the Sun is channelled through the caster's hands to form a star that hurtles towards the target, scorching the ground and all in it's path.

Breath of the Volcano [harm, fire, 4, 3, 1]

Drawing on the core of a volcano, heated magma forms a ball hotter than the harshest deserts in the palm of the caster which is sent at great speed towards its target. The ground under the path of the ball is burned and the target is set alight.

Breath of the Flame [harm, fire, 3, 1, 1]

The air around the caster's palms heats and bursts into flames, forming a small ball of fire in their hands. The ball is then thrown towards the target, severely burning it upon contact - but not enough to cause immediate death.

Feel free to submit these ideas if you want. I don't want to beat you to it just because of some confusion :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:57:52 PM by Nathan »