Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 41801 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #15: March 14, 2011, 03:52:49 PM »
- There are now hospitals, which, with the fixes in .22, should be pretty much completely functional at last.  Any dwarf who gets injured will try to go to the hospital, and dwarves with the various (new) medical labours enabled will (eventually) diagnose and treat them.

Keep in mind the Chief Medical Dwarf (Appointed Noble) is the only that will Diagnose. If he's busy with other stuff, Dwarves might not get treated, so keep a good eye on that. I had one injured Dwarf (which may have been my fault *whistles*) and all that seemed to work well, albeit you really shouldn't use Dwarves without skills there or all the wounds will get infected and the Dwarf dies.

- Nobles appointed by the Baron or Mayor are broken. This means no Dungeon Master.  I'm unclear as to what the status is of nobles that belong with the King; stay tuned, though, because I've got a game running that's ready to become the Capital, and should get the King within another year...

There's another bug here in the more recent versions. Your Fortress will only receive an offer to become a Barony (and all the other following upgrades) if your Leader conducts a meeting with your Mayor after the Dwarven Caravan has left the map. You need to keep your Leader occupied till then so he doesn't Conduct Meeting (I generally just tell him to stay at the Trade Depot). If Toady doesn't fix that in .22, we'll have to keep this in mind.