Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 41756 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #90: March 19, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »
*bashes his head against a wall* That was embarrassingly simple, but thanks.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: March 24, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »
Well, 0.31.22 is released.  Everyone go pick it up!

I guess this means it's time to really set the rules and format for our succession fort.

I'm going to start a new thread for that; this thread can be left as a general DF discussion thread.

You can find the new thread here: http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,273.new.html
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #92: March 24, 2011, 06:07:34 PM »
Healthcare with broken bones works now?  :o Yayayyaya.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: March 28, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
Heh. I am pleasantly amazed that battlemaster know of dwarf fortress.

Do you know about the dwarf fortress map archive? Linked on the wiki....its highly instructional...and often amazing.

Speaking of which I finally have to stop working on my now 30+ year old fort and export it to the map archive. I have been tinkering with it for the last RL year on and off and its now rather large and...ah...complicated. Still following a grand design though. Have to look into starting to export it tomorrow. Will post a link here.

Have fun!

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: March 28, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »
Sounds great. Join the Succession Game we're planning as well if you want!

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: April 20, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »
"The Hammerdwarf bites The Goblin Crossbowman in the left lower leg, bruising the muscle through the giant cave spider silk trousers!"
"The Hammerdwarf latches on firmly!"
"The Hammerdwarf shakes The Goblin Crossbowman around by the left lower leg, tearing apart the left lower leg's fat and bruising the bone! A ligament in the left lower leg has been bruised and a tendon has been bruised!"

So... this dwarf picked a Goblin up with his teeth and shook it by the leg... I'm glad he's on my side.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: April 28, 2011, 03:03:47 AM »
I built what is probably one of my favorite artifacts of all time last week: Reigndancing, a native gold armor stand. It has been rather appropriately placed in the Queen's royal bedchambers.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #97: May 04, 2011, 10:50:01 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35480/

That must be something similar right?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: May 05, 2011, 12:33:23 AM »
Looks kind of similar. Except with an arcade feel. And built-in graphics. And a real interface.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: May 05, 2011, 01:30:56 AM »
Well, it's Dwarves digging tunnels and getting killed. That's pretty much where the similarities end from what I've seen :P

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: May 06, 2012, 04:20:23 AM »
Its been a long time since someone has replied here. However, there has been updates to Dwarf Fortress! Necromancers! Vampires! Werebeasts!

My wereslug necromancer adventurer is wreaking havoc on the enemy human civilizations. Unfortunately he died when a horde of goblins ambushed him in his slug form.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: May 06, 2012, 05:09:51 AM »
My very first fort of the current version had a vampire. Wasn't too hard to find. I locked him in my control room to pull all the levers.

I can't wait for mine carts! :P

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: May 06, 2012, 01:01:33 PM »
Lost my fort through a harddrive failing, I'm awaiting the new version (And the bugfix version after that) before starting again. The Mine Carts sound really interesting.

Trying to figure out the Military at the moment. Currently, I'm stuck on the 'Throw 30 dwarves at enemy, have 25 slaughtered, draft new immigrants to replace fallen dwarves'. Eh nevermind, guess it's working just fine :P

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: June 01, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
Long-time Bay12er here.

I haven't tried the cart update but it seems highly promising if not dangerously entertaining if abused. I'm considering a massive entry-chamber of 3 single-tile wide walkways suspended over a 20 z-level drop with minecart tracks down the paths, bridges at the far side where the fort begins, and weapon traps at the entrance to the chamber. I'd like to test the power of fully-loaded metal minecarts barreling down at full-speed toward your charging enemies... I do believe being suspended over a ravine and bashed with a giant metal box full o' stone will have desirable effects. ;)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.