Author Topic: Estate Settings  (Read 2783 times)

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Estate Settings
« Topic Start: August 28, 2011, 06:33:15 AM »
So I'm the lord of a region on Dwilight that was recently captured from the rogues and we've been building it up from scratch. I set my own estate to focus on production, which has worked out great, but today I got a message that not enough estates were supporting production, and production dropped 10%. My first thought was that population had risen so much that my estates weren't enough, but after further examination it looks like my own estate suddenly changed to idle.

I'm fairly sure that I did not set my estate to idle, is there anything else which could have caused this? Do estates automatically idle after being left alone for some time? Or did I just accidentally tell my estate to idle?

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Estate Settings
« Reply #1: August 28, 2011, 07:07:18 AM »

Did you switch duchy allegiance? That will reset your estate (I actually just learned that this week)
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 28, 2011, 10:34:01 AM »
Isn't that a long standing bug? I thought it wasn't intended for estates to switch to idle in these situations.

Another thing to worry about is that in case of secessions, it's been seen that all estates in the new realm revert to idle. Not sure if that always applies.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 28, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »
I did switch duchy allegiance, that was exactly it. Thanks for the help!

That does still seem like a bug though, especially since it doesn't warn you until it's too late.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 28, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »
It is a bug, one I thought had been fixed already.  This is turning into a trend...We've seen several bugs reappear in the past month or two, for no discernible reason.  Highly annoying.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 29, 2011, 11:54:37 AM »
I did switch duchy allegiance, that was exactly it. Thanks for the help!

That does still seem like a bug though, especially since it doesn't warn you until it's too late.

Yes, I was meaning to have my character message you about that when you switched allegiance. But laziness got the better of me  ???

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 29, 2011, 09:56:37 PM »
Production went back up to comparable levels within a day anyway, so it worked out.