Author Topic: Launch?  (Read 20961 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Launch?
« Topic Start: August 31, 2011, 04:06:48 AM »
So, I know it was stated in one thread a while back that launch would potentially be set at September 1st. Is this date still accurate for launch or are things delayed?

Also, I've seen somewhere listed that we will be given a certain amount of starting basic spells to begin the game with and that these will be based off of our skills. Are we going to be choosing initial starting skill values or something or how will this be determined? I've seen no place on the actual spell master site to do this yet, and am just trying to get an official update on things.

I've never played a game like this before so am trying to get an understanding of it if at all possible.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Launch?
« Reply #1: August 31, 2011, 04:13:13 AM »
Tom will have to answer about the launch date, but you can look at the Skills UI and see that you have some points already there.  They have been accumulating too.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 31, 2011, 04:37:20 AM »
Tom will have to answer about the launch date, but you can look at the Skills UI and see that you have some points already there.  They have been accumulating too.

Well I don't happen to have any skill points at all, or have any accumulating, but I guess I'll just toss that up to having only created my account maybe 8 hours ago or so.

Also, I just thought about this, but how exactly will the story telling work? Will we be able to start ourselves in any of the three regions? (North, South, Colonies) or will we be stuck in one to begin with? Also, will we need to start a roleplay such as walkign into a village and attempting to do something, and then have a GM or other character follow up with what we find or whatever or do we do that ourselves? For instance, if I was seeking to find lost magical treasures some villagers might have and I ask around for them, would I just wait to have a GM pick up the NPC part and see how that goes or what?

Having never played a game like this I am unsure, even with the information provided.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: August 31, 2011, 05:44:05 AM »
eh... what am I suppose do to with only 2 exp? I need at least 10 to do anything..

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 31, 2011, 05:57:14 AM »
eh... what am I suppose do to with only 2 exp? I need at least 10 to do anything..

Give it time.  You accrue some each day, I think.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: August 31, 2011, 08:33:38 AM »
Automatic accumulation isn't working yet. I have to do it manually.

That's one of the things that is still missing before we can launch.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: August 31, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »
One of the most important parts of the game engine now works: Spell trading.

When you view the details of a spell, it will show you a "spell code". You can give that spell code to any other player by any means you like, through the forum, e-mail, IRC, fax, dictate it on the phone, snail-mail, carrier pidgeon, african swallow... whatever you want. If you get a spell code through whatever means, you can enter it at the bottom of your spell list and will automatically learn the spell it contains.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: August 31, 2011, 07:19:13 PM »
nice. I want this test this if I get a chance. Anyone wants to trade a spell? :D

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 31, 2011, 10:05:41 PM »
I'm also up for testing this out and trading a spell or two, msg me in the forum if interested.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: August 31, 2011, 10:26:15 PM »
Parser is also available now.

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: August 31, 2011, 10:39:42 PM »
well can't use it at the moment. Don't have enough points to use any of my spells yet. I need more low level spells!

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: August 31, 2011, 10:45:23 PM »
oh wow awesome. more spells you use become stronger if you use spells huh.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: August 31, 2011, 10:47:45 PM »
I've given everyone some XP, energy, etc.

Halden

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 09, 2011, 11:02:20 PM »
Will we maintain XP accrued before Launch, or will we all be starting over once the game goes live?

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: November 09, 2011, 11:04:32 PM »
We will start over with 100 XP.