Author Topic: Giblot: Dead or Alive?  (Read 36103 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Giblot: Dead or Alive?
« Topic Start: August 31, 2011, 03:33:01 PM »
So, I know Giblot has endured some low points in its time, but right now she looks in the most dire straits she's ever been. I'm just curious as to whether she'll survive this one or whether Giblot's actually toast this time. How much longer has she got or is there a phoenix-like resurgence on the cards?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Giblot: Dead or Alive?
« Reply #1: August 31, 2011, 04:22:28 PM »
I was there 3 weeks ago before leaving for Minas Thalion, she seemed pretty dead to me. The military seemed reluctant to fight back and most people had given up with the politics, so she's [rpbably going to fall pretty soon.

egamma

« Reply #2: September 02, 2011, 01:23:53 PM »
Yep, our General's *brilliant* strategy to sit in the capital while our regions burn didn't work out too well. Now that people are noticing that the recruitment centers disappear when the region goes rogue, it's a little too late.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 02, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
Yep, our General's *brilliant* strategy to sit in the capital while our regions burn didn't work out too well. Now that people are noticing that the recruitment centers disappear when the region goes rogue, it's a little too late.

So...was this an actual plan on the part of the General, or just a general incompetence leading to stagnation?

(Hard to tell the difference between bitterness and sarcasm sometimes ;D )
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 02, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »

I do believe Allyah told you this many times before she left, so don't start complaining your General is incompetent when you had a perfect replacement ready and willing ;)

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 03, 2011, 02:56:40 AM »
Trouble was, General was chosen by referendum... Can't force someone to run. You could appoint them if they don't take the initiative to speak up though, provided they haven't hit the refuse button.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 03, 2011, 03:26:10 AM »

Ahh, it did look an uncharacteristic collapse. Usually Giblot manages to hold firm at four or so regions and still have reasonable enough strength to survive. Not so rosy this time. I was hoping you'd do better chaps, I really was. Oshan pride is at stake!

After Sera overthrew Thanatos his parting words were something like 'one day I'll bury Giblot for this.' Took five years, but he's only on the blooming verge of doing it. As a player, I'm a little sad about that. I thought Sera had had the last laugh that fateful day, but it looks like Thanatos actually will join Alexander in dancing all over Sera's grave!

egamma

« Reply #7: September 04, 2011, 06:47:04 AM »
So...was this an actual plan on the part of the General, or just a general incompetence leading to stagnation?

(Hard to tell the difference between bitterness and sarcasm sometimes ;D )

He claimed that he was protecting the city, that if we want to the field for battle, then Lukon would attack the city. I think it was just cowardice, as Lukon has never made a move on the city.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #8: September 04, 2011, 07:33:34 AM »
Glad I left when I did.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 04, 2011, 04:17:16 PM »
It's never over until it's over. Depends how much politicking is still going on in the background though (is there any? Did seem like they gave up too easily with any discussions when I was ruler of Outer Tilog)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 04, 2011, 10:06:09 PM »
giblot was really boring place, with all efforts to stay i could not stand for too long.

nevertheless, the main reason for overall stagnation is likely the fact of notorious gang-bang war.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 04, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
nevertheless, the main reason for overall stagnation is likely the fact of notorious gang-bang war.

Nah, I quite liked the gang-bang war. I just left because of the silence and lack of opportunities for even experienced characters.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 04, 2011, 11:34:56 PM »
what did you like with most of continent gathering to create say three times larger force before the attack?

you expect that as an opportunity to show you military competence? i don't know, really,

but yes, direct reason i left is similar to yours.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 05, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »
you expect that as an opportunity to show you military competence? i don't know, really,

Yup, worked in Alowca and I loved it. We managed to stay alive for quite a while. If Giblot had been more alive and there had been more room for people to have their input, she'd easily have survived a lot longer than she is doing now.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 05, 2011, 03:34:21 AM »
'Gang-bang' war is pretty much a way of life on the Colonies. Lukon aside, it's happened to everybody at some point. Being taken to the brink by lots of realms doesn't always mean death like on other continents. The last time Giblot got hit this hard it was after a rebellion that pissed off the powers that be in Lukon. Yet eventually Giblot kissed and made up and ended up taking Outer Tilog's capital for a silly length of time.

I think that's why I am so surprised. I can't decide whether Lukon is simply too powerful now she has three cities at her back or whether this is just woeful incompetence/stagnation at the worst possible time on Giblot's part. I mean, in the non-too distant past I was back in Giblot too and I had a similarly underwhelming experience.