Author Topic: "warehouse rollback" question  (Read 7163 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
"warehouse rollback" question
« Topic Start: September 01, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »
(is there a separate discussion thread for each announcement? might be useful)

anyway... eh.. warehouses get rolled back, but what about the caravans?

in bt, afaik, i got extra food, because i dumped some food into caravan to sell yesterday. don't think the caravan has gone anywhere yet, but still... it's there in the caravan page with food on it...

what about warehouses that were empty yesterday, but got a delivery today? if warehouse gets reset... but not the caravans.. then food disappears? (assuming caravan works.. not sure)

nevermind traders..
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:43:10 PM by fodder »
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: "warehouse rollback" question
« Reply #1: September 01, 2011, 09:48:10 PM »
Only warehouses were rolled back.  Caravans and traders were not touched.

We are aware that this means there are some one-off out-of-sync problems, with food that got sold that has now vanished, and food put into caravans that is now both in the caravan and the warehouse.

Unfortunately, there was no way to avoid these issues without going over the food system in the DB with a fine-toothed comb to figure out what had happened and attempt to fiddle it all manually.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #2: September 02, 2011, 03:17:14 AM »
Yep...my trader sold 300 bushels in Paisly, which was starving, and pocketed the gold. Now the food is gone, and i still have the gold, and Paisly is starving again.

I guess it was 3 warehouses that burned down in a fire.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 02, 2011, 05:50:06 AM »
Only warehouses were rolled back.  Caravans and traders were not touched.

We are aware that this means there are some one-off out-of-sync problems, with food that got sold that has now vanished, and food put into caravans that is now both in the caravan and the warehouse.

Unfortunately, there was no way to avoid these issues without going over the food system in the DB with a fine-toothed comb to figure out what had happened and attempt to fiddle it all manually.

Could caravans also be rolled back to what they were? Or is that impossible?

This is a real kick in the nuts for everyone who was having food issues.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 02, 2011, 07:04:36 AM »
Are Caravans not working? I just checked on the caravan I setup a few days ago (Fronen/Beluaterra) and it is still sitting in my region (Xhahgus).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 02, 2011, 07:10:33 AM »
Are Caravans not working? I just checked on the caravan I setup a few days ago (Fronen/Beluaterra) and it is still sitting in my region (Xhahgus).

No they don't seem to be working on the testing islands.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 02, 2011, 07:20:01 AM »
that bit is supposedly fixed... at least for new ones i guess.. maybe not stuck ones..

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6201
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 02, 2011, 02:45:53 PM »
that bit is supposedly fixed... at least for new ones i guess.. maybe not stuck ones..

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6201

Could starvation be put on pause for a while? With rollback erasing essential food deliveries and caravan bug freezing backup deliveries, it's really causing a lot of harm.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 02, 2011, 03:02:55 PM »
Could starvation be put on pause for a while? With rollback erasing essential food deliveries and caravan bug freezing backup deliveries, it's really causing a lot of harm.

The rollback will have also put back any food that was loaded on caravans that day, or bought by traders.

And the caravan bug has been fixed.

Just because it's hurting you doesn't mean we're going to drop everything and rush to help.  This is all part of being on testing, which you should know perfectly well.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 02, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »
Yep...my trader sold 300 bushels in Paisly, which was starving, and pocketed the gold. Now the food is gone, and i still have the gold, and Paisly is starving again.

I guess it was 3 warehouses that burned down in a fire.

Remember! Fatmilak food, made from 50% rock so it doesn't burn in warehouse fires! (note: may actually be a rock).

When was it fixed? I still have 2 caravans sat in my region.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 02, 2011, 04:39:41 PM »
When was it fixed? I still have 2 caravans sat in my region.

New caravans sent out should work.  We are working on a manual fix for the caravans still stuck in limbo.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 02, 2011, 06:42:07 PM »
The rollback will have also put back any food that was loaded on caravans that day, or bought by traders.

Just because it's hurting you doesn't mean we're going to drop everything and rush to help.  This is all part of being on testing, which you should know perfectly well.

Has it? That's not what our trader said.

Also, if it's hurting me in one realm, it's likely hurting others as well. The way I see it, this bug likely gave extra food to those who didn't need it and less good to those who did, on average.

I'll ask our trader to check on that claim of yours that ther supplies got restocked, 'cause he had said that he got the gold and that the food wasn't there.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 02, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »
Announcement said just warehouses. So any food that was loaded on caravans / bought by Traders will have reappeared in the Warehouse without disappearing from the Caravans, doubling food. Bad luck for some, good luck for some others. Dwilight is on testing, things like this can happen. It's not the end of the world.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 02, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »
the trader (that would be egamma?) said he sold the food (ie.. his caravan is empty, you've got the food and he's got the gold) but then your warehouse is emptied by the rollback.

tim is saying if a trader bought the food from your warehouse, he would have the food, you will have the gold and your warehouse is also restocked
firefox

egamma

« Reply #14: September 02, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »
yes, I'm the trader. I didn't empty my caravan, I sold 300 bushels. I had to turn back and sell another 200 to keep the city from starving.