Author Topic: Sage and Noble Tracking  (Read 5652 times)

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
Sage and Noble Tracking
« Topic Start: September 02, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
Ever since Sages and Wizards no longer appear randomly, but actually have a path they travel, I can't seem to find any. By now, I would have encountered two or three. The only way I can think of for my advy to go find one, is to leave the vicinity of the region he is bound to, and even then he will be stumbling blindly in the dark, basically going in circles until he finds a Sage. I don't know if the Listen to rumours function is supposed to bring up Sages (as it obviously hasn't for me), but it should.

In addition, I think that once you have identified the Sage, or have a description of him from the Listen to rumours, you can look specifically for that Sage, see where he went. I think this should extend, and apply for nobles as well. The lord of an estate just can't get up and go anywhere without telling someone. They would freak out and think he was kidnapped, or dead in a ditch somewhere. But being caught tracking a noble lands you in prison. Advy's get arrested for less anyways.

Allowing an Adventurer to track Sages/Wizards will help us in figuring out where they were, and where they are heading, so we can actually find them and use their services. Being able to track nobles can bring a stronger Roleplay element, and element of intrigue not commonly found playing Adventurers. I know I for one would love to be able to track down the noble that was supposed to meet me somewhere but didn't. Or to not waste hours waiting to figure out where he is.

egamma

Re: Sage and Noble Tracking
« Reply #1: September 02, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »
For the noble--can't you send him a message through your contacts?

"Oh great and powerful lord, I have the Frying Pan of Doom (+3) ready for you, where can I meet you?"

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: September 02, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I'm a bit afraid it may be too difficult now to initially find them. Can I please get some more feedback from others, so I get a clearer picture and can adjust the numbers?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 02, 2011, 09:27:33 PM »
My advy went through 7-8 regions, no sages or wizards. Usually I would have found one by now (though I'm not really searching now)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: September 02, 2011, 10:23:24 PM »
Are you looking in the right place? Remember, the link has moved from Items to Quests.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 03, 2011, 12:52:42 AM »
Yes. Hunting is all I do, so I see the Quest tab daily.

Just to get an indication, could you offer us an order of how many sages roam Dwilight, for instance? 10, 20, 50, 100?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 03, 2011, 01:20:48 AM »
I've found two of them around PeL/LN without even looking...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 03, 2011, 02:45:29 AM »
I've only seen the one that was/is sitting in Lupa Lapu. In the regions around him, I don't remember seeing any notices of a sage having been in the area. Maybe that only appears when he's moving?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 03, 2011, 03:18:29 AM »
If that's the case, then what happens after you find a sage to repair an item, and you have ot go back to the benefactor? How are you supposed to track the sage? There needs to be some kind of 'footprint', surely.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: September 03, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »
I have added a few more sages (and one more wizard) to both testing worlds, and I've fixed a bug regarding their travel.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 03, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
How about adding something to "listening to rumours"? Rumours could be like 'The people you speak with saw a funny looking fellow pass by a few days ago. They heard him mumbling something about scrolls as he headed West'

Like the last 5 regions he had been in could have hints about what way he was going. Of course those wouldn't always have to be too accurate, but I think a simple NESW division would make it hard enough to track him down... this would also take people into other realms, though, which could be both good and bad, I guess.

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 03, 2011, 11:31:13 PM »
Advies do need to be able to avoid certain realms. I'd be reluctant to head into a realm I am banned from for example.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 04, 2011, 01:26:30 AM »
Met one wizard and no Sages on Beluaterra since the new system were introduced.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 04, 2011, 05:12:02 AM »
Met an Ugly Sage in South Divide.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 04, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »
Perhaps the "Listen to Rumours" function could be enhanced so there would be a chance to pick up rumopurs of Sages being spotted some regions away (with decreasing  chances the farther away they are...)?
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)