Author Topic: Battlemaster Gathering @ Holland (Weert)  (Read 11158 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Battlemaster Gathering @ Holland (Weert)
« Topic Start: September 02, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »
This post will be updated as the planning progresses.

This is to all interested; everybody is welcome. Please spread the word to all people within a considerable area you know play Battlemaster.

Since me & Lorgan (given we're IRL friends) are going on a camping-trip to Weert, Holland, the idea has grown to organize a small gathering of Battlemasterplayers from the area. We will be camping there in the middle of September, probably starting around the 12th and ending a week later.

Everybody is welcome, as long as you can make the effort to get in range of Weert. I have a car which can fit 5 people and myself, so I can make short trips to a train station nearby (or a bus stop). Do not expect me to drive long distances, though. It would be nice if people could arrange to drive/travel together to ease things. It would be amazing if we could also get some Germans to join us (oh the longing to see Tom drunk), or Frenchies. Or British. Whatever!

What you need: yourself, clothes, booze, camping gear, some basic food. I.e. supply for yourself what you need for a night full of fun (and booze) & a morning with a hangover.

So far coming: Fleugs (Simon Willems), Lorgan (Jeroen Quisthoudt), many more interested (Nosferatus, Silverhawk, D'Este, Sacha, Nathan, ...).
Concept: get to know the face behind the players. Fraternization will lead to epic loads of fun and drinking. No peer pressure on the booze; when you've had enough, just stop drinking. The main idea is to socialize.
When: Friday 16 September 2011

If you are interested, please give the following details;

1)Which date fits for you?
2) Do you need a pick-up nearby?
3) Looking for a travelcompanion? If so, where from? Car or public transport?
4) Whatever info you deem is necessary to hand out

You're all smart enough to be able to arrange stuff. Spread the word. 8)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:20:26 PM by Fleugs »
Ardet nec consumitur.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster Gathering @ Holland (Weert)
« Reply #1: September 02, 2011, 09:26:43 PM »
Cool idea. I'm in Finland until the end of september, though.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: September 02, 2011, 10:26:11 PM »
It's 4.5 hours drive for me, so unless this becomes a really large crowd, I'm afraid I'll pass.

But I love the idea. Keep me up to date. There could be interesting things to do. Like hotseat BM:WI games, for example. ;-)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3: September 03, 2011, 12:30:58 PM »
It is about 2,5 hour trip with the train. I will discuss this with a friend.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 03, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »

I suggested to D'Este (coming from Delft) that I could pick him up @ Eindhoven, if necessary.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 03, 2011, 12:59:16 PM »
Born and raised in weert, i can show you guys around the area and give an interesting guided tour threw our beautiful historical city and the Van Horne county.
But most importantly, the cheapest beer, wiskey, pizza and meat or fish for BBQ :P

The area of the camping place is very nice, i always go out there for walks, its a medium sized forrest with a nice lake and on the other side, indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
It's also relatively close to a supermarket(10 to 15 min walk) and the city center(15 to 20 min walk), while being in the middle of a medium sized (for dutch understanding) forrest and farm lands.

We have a tourism website for the van horne county/midden-limburg here in german and dutch:
http://www.vvvmiddenlimburg.nl/?sc_lang=de-DE
http://www.vvvmiddenlimburg.nl/?sc_lang=nl-NL
also a you tube movie on weert in dutch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_XdFg02Eew

Weert also has some small museas with artifacts from the pre historic periode to now with many artifacts from late middle ages(Where the City got it's city rights).
For Culture and history lovers, this could also be intresting.

if you like sailing, thats also an option close by(maas plassen, 20 min drive). I've sailed there a few times and it's really nice.
The water of these lakes are fed by the maas river.

plus there's Eindhoven 18 minutes away with train which has much more facilities, and a diverse party/music scene.

I'll also offer free taxi rides from the train station in Weert or the airport in Eindhoven to the camping site. (with free beer service ;))

PS, Bring along your (acoustic) instruments if you play any!

And Tom, I am sure if you announce right now that your coming, and post an announcement on the news ticker, it will get crowded. ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:32:05 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 03, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »

pfff, it's 3,5 hours for me by train :P

I'll see if I can make it, depens on day, time, work, etc.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: September 03, 2011, 02:26:18 PM »
And Tom, I am sure if you announce right now that your coming, and post an announcement on the news ticker, it will get crowded. ;)

Could be. Problem is that it's not as if I'm bored and have nothing else to do.

Hm, maybe I should repeat that IRC quote from earlier today. *g*

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 03, 2011, 05:22:49 PM »
If I don't have to work the late/graveyard shift that day, I'll be sure to come over.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 04, 2011, 02:55:59 PM »
I think that 16th september (a  friday) is a good date? Please share when you can, so we can pin it down.
Ardet nec consumitur.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 04, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »
A bit more notice and I'd have probably tried to get along. Having just got back from a long weekend away (and being out most of this week) though, going away again so quickly would probably not go down too well at home :)

Pick somewhere with easy transport links and give three months notice and you could probably get a lot more people along.

Hope it all goes well!
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 04, 2011, 03:54:36 PM »
If you guys can finalise a date, I might be able to join you. I just need to find myself a cheap flight.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 04, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »
If you guys can finalise a date, I might be able to join you. I just need to find myself a cheap flight.

Ryanair flies @ Eindhoven, which is 30 kms north of Weert.

Pick somewhere with easy transport links and give three months notice and you could probably get a lot more people along.

Yup, totally true... and maybe for the future. The idea for this gathering actually started about a week ago when I asked Nosferatus if he knew a good camping spot, and then he mentioned we could meet up if we camped out in Weert. We're not really the type that plans our vacation weeks and weeks ahead. I already think it's a major achievement we pinned down a date so early.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 09, 2011, 08:00:51 PM »
I might be able to come, but only if it's on the friday. I'll have to leave early on the saturday, but thats not a big problem.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 10, 2011, 07:07:06 AM »
Europe is so small, it's cute.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron