Author Topic: Standardization and EC Culture  (Read 20552 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Standardization and EC Culture
« Reply #15: October 05, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »
I don't like the World of Warcraft thing. Instead, I like to use the myth of Tolkien and another RPG or literary sources. Erik Eyolf Serpentis, the last Judge of Sirion and now Duke Avamar is an elf. He has always been one since the first Roleplay and now I have more than 150 RPs just with this character. Widely known in Sirion and by some enemies. We still have a consensus that in Sirion you can choose a human or an elf. That's what attracted me to the realm from the beginning and honestly I have not met a better realm to play in this game. Sincerely, the players have more concerns than discussing whether or not elves are acceptable. Especially when there is no game mechanic that guarantees advantages or disadvantages. For those who played in Beluaterra among intelligent monsters and politicized demons and undeads, I see no reason to endless discussions about the Elven lineage in Sirion.

After I won the seat of Avamar, I tried to find informations in the Wiki. What I found was a fun story, but full of characters with silly names and an intense mixture of OOC and IG. Perhaps because the game had a pleasant low realistic atmosphere that has been escalating to something more serious with the experience of players over the years or the arrival of more experienced players with a lot of RPG concepts.

In Game, my idea is to found a "museum" in Avamar to remember the history of a rebel realm, after taken by Fontan and now is under the Sirionite falg once again. In the Wiki, I want to gather all informations I can about Avamar.

Unfortunately, now I settled down a little with Erik after years of intense activity. Usually it happens when you finally get to be Duke after years playing the game. And I'm working in a new Religion in Beluaterra that is killing my time.

But the idea to have a full history of the East Continent is a good thing.  ;)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!