Author Topic: Standardization and EC Culture  (Read 20439 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Standardization and EC Culture
« Reply #15: September 08, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
Sadly, it's still used in the region description, as composed by a Sirionite when it was occupied by their realm.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 11, 2011, 03:18:15 AM »
Which is fine. But trying to figure out why Oligarchians are referred to as Orcs is kind of pointless. So far as I am aware, only the Sirionites ever referred to them as that. And I've never, ever heard the term actually used IG.

Speaking as a former ruler of Oligarch, Orcs was just Sirion propaganda. They did call "us" that IG but "we" never referered to ourselves like that.

I think most just said Oligarchian(s).

Besides, the grandfather clause only allows Sirion to be anything else than humans. Oligarchians couldn't be orcs even if they wanted to.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 13, 2011, 07:51:40 PM »
From what I remember of Oligarch was that some of them portrayed themselves as orcs when they rped, but never said or acknowledged they were. Wasn't a famous Oligarchian named Grom hellscream or something out of warcraft? That where I think the orc idea came from. Sirion i have never been in but I remember when I was in Fontan back before the fountain of light we always called them elves and it gave the game a good amount of rp. And encouraged the younger ones to partake. I think at one point some realm attempted to call themselves dwarves but that later was dismissed since most of the continent was considered only Sirion and Oligarch as other races beside humans.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 13, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »
From what I remember of Oligarch was that some of them portrayed themselves as orcs when they rped, but never said or acknowledged they were. Wasn't a famous Oligarchian named Grom hellscream or something out of warcraft?

Your right, there where actually oliarchians  rping them selves as orcs, untill Tom intervened.
I am not sure who started it, might still be Sirion.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 30, 2011, 08:29:40 AM »
They might have done that earlier than 2005 :p I don't remember it either way ;)

I do remember Grom Hellscream through. Used to be Duke of Ashforth, if I am not mistaken.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 05, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »
I don't like the World of Warcraft thing. Instead, I like to use the myth of Tolkien and another RPG or literary sources. Erik Eyolf Serpentis, the last Judge of Sirion and now Duke Avamar is an elf. He has always been one since the first Roleplay and now I have more than 150 RPs just with this character. Widely known in Sirion and by some enemies. We still have a consensus that in Sirion you can choose a human or an elf. That's what attracted me to the realm from the beginning and honestly I have not met a better realm to play in this game. Sincerely, the players have more concerns than discussing whether or not elves are acceptable. Especially when there is no game mechanic that guarantees advantages or disadvantages. For those who played in Beluaterra among intelligent monsters and politicized demons and undeads, I see no reason to endless discussions about the Elven lineage in Sirion.

After I won the seat of Avamar, I tried to find informations in the Wiki. What I found was a fun story, but full of characters with silly names and an intense mixture of OOC and IG. Perhaps because the game had a pleasant low realistic atmosphere that has been escalating to something more serious with the experience of players over the years or the arrival of more experienced players with a lot of RPG concepts.

In Game, my idea is to found a "museum" in Avamar to remember the history of a rebel realm, after taken by Fontan and now is under the Sirionite falg once again. In the Wiki, I want to gather all informations I can about Avamar.

Unfortunately, now I settled down a little with Erik after years of intense activity. Usually it happens when you finally get to be Duke after years playing the game. And I'm working in a new Religion in Beluaterra that is killing my time.

But the idea to have a full history of the East Continent is a good thing.  ;)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 19, 2011, 09:10:46 AM »
Fontanese is quite correct. I thought Ibladeshian suits Ibladesh? ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 05, 2011, 11:39:39 PM »
Ibladeshian has been used for years.

I never did get a good one for Itrount

Oligarch was fun, I was it's first King!

Sirion being associated with 'elves' goes back to SM, hell my character was half elven supposedly.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 14, 2011, 09:37:22 AM »

Oligarch was fun, I was it's first King!

Sirion being associated with 'elves' goes back to SM, hell my character was half elven supposedly.
Itorunian perhaps?  ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 14, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »
We usually just called them 'Runts.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: December 05, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »

I called them Ibladeshi   ::)

Bangladesh --> Bangladeshi

Ibladesh  --> Ibladeshi
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:45:57 PM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #26: December 05, 2011, 11:42:57 PM »
That's kind of my way of thinking on it too, honestly.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #27: January 26, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but on the subject of culture...

The name of the continent.  "East Continent" doesn't sound all that in character, especially for the oldest continent in the game.  I know at one time I mentioned calling it Easterra, though it seems too much like Easter.

What about the rest of you?  Ever try putting a name to the land we call home?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 26, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »
I just call it 'Greater Ibladesh'.

P.S.: We'll be back! ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 26, 2012, 02:38:53 PM »
It used to be called the East Island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.