Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 7815 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #15: September 28, 2011, 03:40:36 AM »
Graphics are awesome, I didn't expect to run it all on "high".

Disappointed in the gameplay, though. Feels like CoD or MoH or something. I mean, 32 players max? Why? A map with no vehicles? Why? Rush mode? Why?

Rush mode + no vehicle doesn't make it feel like the successor of Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2.

Because CoD kills it in sales, and when you can't innovate, you copy.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 28, 2011, 04:21:18 AM »
Graphics are awesome, I didn't expect to run it all on "high".

Disappointed in the gameplay, though. Feels like CoD or MoH or something. I mean, 32 players max? Why? A map with no vehicles? Why? Rush mode? Why?

Rush mode + no vehicle doesn't make it feel like the successor of Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2.
The PC version will have 64 player max
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 28, 2011, 05:21:11 AM »
The PC version will have 64 player max

Will. But for the beta, it's 32. I can't understand why...

Because CoD kills it in sales, and when you can't innovate, you copy.

Indeed, I do know they are "burrowing" some aspects of it to make it more appealing to mainstream gamers, and that's fine I guess, but too much copying and they'll just end up losing their fanbase.

I loved BF1942 and BF2, but I can't stand CoD. I understand that it was a marketing move to have more CoD-like gameplay in the beta, since BF fans will likely buy it knowing what conquest mode is anyways, while some of the CoD fans might have been bored with conquest...

Just feels kinda lame. I'm already bored of it. There's no tactics. There isn't even voice chat, but the looks of it. I miss the comforting "enemy spotted!" spam.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 28, 2011, 05:53:03 PM »
Well, the game is officially released, now.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron