Author Topic: can't loot in bt without declaration?  (Read 8002 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: can't loot in bt without declaration?
« Reply #15: September 18, 2011, 08:36:36 AM »
Why did 1) Nobody put this on the bugtracker yet and 2) the devs who read this anyways did not look into it?

Every single time our army is finally in position to do something, we get our nuts grinded by these bugs...

Looting is, once again, not available to our forces. What the hell are we supposed to do?

And I know that treaties don't work anyways, but I tried making on just in case. Obviously, the ruler can't sign his own treaties, he needs some other schmuck to put his seal of approval on it... And this, of course, while the whole army is abroad an unable to change class even if someone wanted to.

Oh yeah, this ONLY effects Enweil's army. Not like Riombara's army has been running around all of Enweil's land for a week; not like the Storm hasn't been romping through Vilriil every weekend. This obviously didn't have an equally harmful effect on both sides.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 18, 2011, 05:22:39 PM »
Tim already posted asking for more details, and the more information made available the faster things can get fixed.

Indeed, and this:

I was in Gorin. I clicked loot. It gave me text. I had no looting options.

...is not sufficient.  I need to know what text was given, and where it ended.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 18, 2011, 05:29:14 PM »
Indeed, and this:

...is not sufficient.  I need to know what text was given, and where it ended.

It's on the bugtracker now.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 18, 2011, 05:29:49 PM »
Under the New Treaty System, you would not be able to loot here due to your lack of a declaration.
You are about to send your men on a plunder mission. This will make you and your realm less liked in this region, but it will bring you instant gold. It will also drive production down for a time, which will reduce tax and other incomes for the owning realm even after you left.
This action has been officially allowed in your realm.
Note that this only applies if you are identified as the guilty party. Depending on which looting option you choose, and how many others are in the region at this time, your chances of staying undetected may be fairly good. Looting an isolated village is almost always safe.

That's all the text. No option to loot appears as it normally would.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 18, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »

To be clear, we don't have a declaration, nor do I have a second ambassador in the realm to sign my draft into effect to see if that would actually change anything.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 18, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »

That....is particularly interesting.

Could you please do a View Source on the page, and copy what you see from "Note that this only applies..." to the end of the page?  You might send it in PM, so as not to dump a potentially large amount of HTML into the thread.  Best way is probably to put it inside [ code ] tags (the # button above the text box).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 18, 2011, 06:01:04 PM »
That....is particularly interesting.

Could you please do a View Source on the page, and copy what you see from "Note that this only applies..." to the end of the page?  You might send it in PM, so as not to dump a potentially large amount of HTML into the thread.  Best way is probably to put it inside [ code ] tags (the # button above the text box).

here's all of it:

Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<title>BattleMaster</title>
<meta name="description" content="BattleMaster is a team-oriented browsergame merging strategy and roleplaying in a (low-) fantasy world." />
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/common/jquery.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/common/battlemaster.css?lastchange=2011081001" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/common/core/navbar.css" /><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/common/json2.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/common/bm.js?change=1246555268"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
});
</script>
</head>
<body>

<div id="corenav">
<ul class="wood">
<li><a href="http://battlemaster.org/login.php">BattleMaster</a></li>
<li><a href="http://war-islands.org">War Islands</a></li>
<li><a href="http://lemuria.org/SM3">SpellMaster</a></li>

<li><a href="http://wiki.battlemaster.org">Wiki</a></li>
<li><a href="http://forum.battlemaster.org">Forum</a></li>
<li><a href="http://bugs.battlemaster.org">Bugtracker</a></li>
</ul>
</ul>
<div id="coreinfo"></div>
<br class="clearit" />

</div><div class="hide"><a href="#Status" title="Skip navigation." accesskey="2">Skip navigation</a>.</div>
<div class="Navigation night">
<ul id="nav-char">
<li><a href="/testing/message-send.php" title="Read and write messages">Messages</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-info.php" title="Check information">Information</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-politics.php" title="Political activities">Politics</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-travel.php" title="Travelling">Travel</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-actions2.php" title="Actions">Actions</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/play-infiltrate.php" title="Infiltration activities">Infiltrate</a></li>

<li><a href="/testing/play-orders.php" title="Unit orders">Orders</a></li>
<li><a href="/testing/command.php" title="Command options">Command</a></li>
<li id="globe"><a href="/userdata.php" title="Back to your family page">Family</a></li></ul>
</div>
<div id="Content"><div class="pagetitle pt_short"><h1>Looting</h1></div><div style="color: #908080;">Under the New Treaty System, you would not be able to loot here due to your lack of a declaration.</div> You are about to send your men on a plunder mission. This will make you
and your realm less liked in this region, but it will bring you instant
gold. It will also drive production down for a time, which will reduce
tax and other incomes for the owning realm even after you left.
<br />
<p><span style="color:#FFE0E0">This action can be illegal in your realm. The authorities will be informed and will decide the case. Details might be found in the judge bulletin.</span>
<br />Note that this only applies if you are identified as the guilty party. Depending on which looting option you choose, and how many others are in the region at this time, your chances of staying undetected may be fairly good. Looting an isolated village is almost always safe.</p>

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 18, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »
That's the data I needed.

Fixed (as far as I can tell) in rev. 5656.

We may be able to send this live separately; if not, it will come online on testing with the New Estates, once we're finished with that.  Which should be on the order of days now.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 18, 2011, 07:37:05 PM »
That's the data I needed.

Fixed (as far as I can tell) in rev. 5656.

We may be able to send this live separately; if not, it will come online on testing with the New Estates, once we're finished with that.  Which should be on the order of days now.

If it can be uploaded earlier, please do.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 18, 2011, 11:21:13 PM »
there is the same problem on dwilight for days, i added it to bugtracker where there was already looting bug (several days ago looting did not spend hours, now it is like described here - no button for looting, just introduction text).