Author Topic: Emigrating as an adventurer  (Read 16039 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating as an adventurer
« Reply #30: September 07, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »
So, they sign on as a deckhand and then jump ship in a convenient port.  Just say (as has been said) it is for game play reasons

I can think of a million ways I'd rather see the dev team spend their time, personally. A million unfinished features. A million things that would add more fun to the game, instead of just taking 10 gold from advies every month.

Can you really think of any compelling game play reasons to allow advies to change realms, but not allow them to change continents. The reason I suggest the so called "fabrications" is because from previous discussions the only reason advies are restricted from emigration is that it fits with Toms perception of the pseudo-historical position advies fulfill within the pseudo-historical low fantasy setting, ie completely IG RP reasons as imagined by the worlds creator.

Also it is my understanding that sailing vessels very rarely would consent to allowing land lubbers work in an capacity on the ship. Sailing vessels can be somewhat complex and very space limited, men that don't know exactly what to do and when to do it only lower productivity and present risk. Besides they were a superstitious lot.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.