Author Topic: Emigrating as an adventurer  (Read 16244 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating as an adventurer
« Reply #30: September 07, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »
They may be rich compared to your average knight's active purse. But don't forget all the gold that even the average knight goes through on a regular basis. And I think the "rich" part is grossly overstated. In none of our game worlds do the top 10 adventurers (sorted by gold) own more than 100 gold. In most game worlds, only the top three or so own more than 100 gold. Only on Dwilight do more than two adventurers own more than 200 gold. On all game worlds, the average gold for adventurers is somewhere between 10 and 20 gold, while the average gold for nobles is at least 100 gold, except for the East Island (where it's slightly lower) and for Priests in the Colonies.

I do think, however, that we should look into taxation for adventurers again. I think on tax day they should be taxed by whatever region they happen to be in on that day, in addition to the realm taxes they already pay.

tom... my advy (ec) had i think 500 gold (or at least a few hundreds!) before i changed its class and sent most of that home..  (i think i sent 400 or 500 home.)

because he was getting taxed by the region.. after hitting the wealth tax or whatever limit.

i think the reason for the gold was me having double advy hunting together (and thus finding unique items to sell... let's say 50 gold each)... then again, the uniques didn't stop dropping after i paused the worse one... obviously i also sold all the common items before changing class...(gave away the last few when i can't be bothered to spend hours selling)

which reminds me that it probably should auto sell all common items when you change advy class->noble... for a fee if you can't be bothered to spend the hours.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:03:16 PM by fodder »
firefox