Author Topic: North East Thread  (Read 24325 times)

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
North East Thread
« Topic Start: September 07, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »
Well, I've just noticed that there is no threat about what's going on in the North East...maybe because nothing is going on there?

Morek, Libero, Corsanctum and Summerdale are stable and strong realms with peaceful relationship. The action is taking place in the West, both South and North, and in the South East but not in this quadrant.

Maybe things are going to change suddenly, who knows? Libero is cornered and sooner or later it has to do something while Summerdale has recently doubled his regions gaining of the fall of Averoth and Thulsoma. Morek and Corsanctum want to expand in the Unterlands and there are still two big and rich cities to colonize: Unterstrom and Flowerstown.

The stage  is set, let's wait for the actors.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: North East Thread
« Reply #1: September 07, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »
Well, I've just noticed that there is no threat about what's going on in the North East...maybe because nothing is going on there?

Morek, Libero, Corsanctum and Summerdale are stable and strong realms with peaceful relationship. The action is taking place in the West, both South and North, and in the South East but not in this quadrant.

Maybe things are going to change suddenly, who knows? Libero is cornered and sooner or later it has to do something while Summerdale has recently doubled his regions gaining of the fall of Averoth and Thulsoma. Morek and Corsanctum want to expand in the Unterlands and there are still two big and rich cities to colonize: Unterstrom and Flowerstown.

The stage  is set, let's wait for the actors.

The Flow will be colonized hopefully this year (IRL) by hearty Lurians :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 07, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »
I'd imagine after all the various rebellions and government changes, the treaties originally signed between Morek and PeL are mostly ignored by everyone at this point, right?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 07, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »

When will Shinnen be independent?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 07, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »

Argh. I hate that I have heard about this by OOC means.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 07, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
yep I invite everyone not to speak oocly about this colony thing. it would just hurt everything.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #6: September 07, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »
I have heard rumors that something is in the works, but I do not believe it is appropriate to talk about IC politics on the forum, especially for a roleplaying world. Too many people are tempted to use that OOC knowledge IC.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 07, 2011, 10:58:29 PM »
Argh. I hate that I have heard about this by OOC means.

Let's put it this way: If that colony actually happens, ever, much less within a year, then someone will be able to officially lay claim to having won Battlemaster through sheer awesomeness at having successfully united the most fractious group of characters in the game and conquered or incorporated half the island, and it will be such an impressive (read: impossible) accomplishment that Tom will probably agree and change their forum title.

It will also mean that the declining playerbase problem has turned into a massive overpopulation problem that only rapid colonization of Dwilight combined with retaking the Blight on BT can possibly solve.

In other words, while it has been discussed in Luria, it bears as much resemblance as a real plan as I bear to an Olympic athlete.  Possibly someone from another planet might make that mistake, but nothing on Earth is that blind.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8: September 07, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »
Hehe.. It seems like the north east ain't that interesting to talk about.  ;)
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

egamma

« Reply #9: September 08, 2011, 01:43:08 AM »
How about this for a conversation piece?

Pierre von Genf, Marquis of Caiyun, Ambassador of Morek Empire, is in Port Nebel--a region that just revolted from D'Hara and aligned itself to Corsanctum. Very recently, Port Nebel hated Corsanctum.

So...coincidence? Or is he working with Corsanctum? Or, perhaps, is he working against Corsanctum in a plan to distract them into a war with D'Hara while Morek attacks Corsanctum?

Let the speculation and paranoia begin!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 08, 2011, 04:50:28 AM »
How about this for a conversation piece?

Pierre von Genf, Marquis of Caiyun, Ambassador of Morek Empire, is in Port Nebel--a region that just revolted from D'Hara and aligned itself to Corsanctum. Very recently, Port Nebel hated Corsanctum.

So...coincidence? Or is he working with Corsanctum? Or, perhaps, is he working against Corsanctum in a plan to distract them into a war with D'Hara while Morek attacks Corsanctum?

Let the speculation and paranoia begin!

I heard Garret Artemesia did it!

*all eyes turn to the Maroccidens*

Win.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 08, 2011, 05:04:03 AM »
I heard Garret Artemesia did it!

*all eyes turn to the Maroccidens*

Win.

Vellos: +1
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 08, 2011, 06:05:51 AM »
Meh, it'll revolt in a few days, and it'll love D'Hara again by the end of the week.

That's just how Port Nebel rolls. I guess I'll just have to do more routine sympathy checks on our cities, though, 'cause either there was a bug, either there's a random mechanic that gives random boosts in sympathy at times, or either someone intentionally increased it. Regardless, nothing I can't handle. Each city only borders 1 foreign realm, and that char has been a priest/ambassador for years.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 08, 2011, 06:28:16 AM »
You may notice I stayed the whole of 12 hours in Port Nebel. I'm not that good.

Or am I?   :-X
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 08, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
You may notice I stayed the whole of 12 hours in Port Nebel. I'm not that good.

Or am I?   :-X

I personally didn't pay attention. And it wouldn't really matter. My skill is as high as it can be, so even if yours is as well, at least I can do it for free 95% of the time.

That, and I doubt anyone is trying to pick a fight between D'Hara and the SA realms.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron