Author Topic: North East Thread  (Read 24349 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: North East Thread
« Reply #15: September 08, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »
Flow city is actually very defendable and can perfectly manage against rogues.
Who ever picks it wouldn't need to much military support to start up compared to some other locations.
But yeah, even 5 nobles would be too much to send over for almost anyone.
unless, we ALL work together!

one noble from corsanctum, one from morek empire, one from pel, one from LN and one from D'hara :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 08, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »
I'd imagine after all the various rebellions and government changes, the treaties originally signed between Morek and PeL are mostly ignored by everyone at this point, right?

No idea... I hope not.. was hoping in a few years to just get Morek's permission :D

But yea.. I am hoping for within the next two years (in all seriousness) so by 2014 :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 08, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »
When will Shinnen be independent?

When it wants to be.

Actually I do not know to much about it IC or OOC. Doesnt concern my Crusade and as far as OOCly I think it was put on hold for a while..

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 08, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »
Flow city is actually very defendable and can perfectly manage against rogues.
Who ever picks it wouldn't need to much military support to start up compared to some other locations.
The city and townsland themselves can be defended, yes. The problem is that Flowrestown is a BIG city. It needs a lot of rurals to feed it. And once you get past Flow, you have no fortifications. And your realm is spread out and pressed up against the mountains. Which are going 24/7/365 churning out the nastiest monster spawn seen east of the Dragon's Teeth. Your closest source of help is Pian en Luries. And they need to walk past those mountains to send help, which is probably a four day journey under normal conditions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 08, 2011, 04:04:50 PM »
The city and townsland themselves can be defended, yes. The problem is that Flowrestown is a BIG city. It needs a lot of rurals to feed it. And once you get past Flow, you have no fortifications. And your realm is spread out and pressed up against the mountains. Which are going 24/7/365 churning out the nastiest monster spawn seen east of the Dragon's Teeth. Your closest source of help is Pian en Luries. And they need to walk past those mountains to send help, which is probably a four day journey under normal conditions.

According to my experience monster spawning has decreased a lot in this area, probably due to lot of adventurers. Anyway I think it's possible to handle them somehow, I guess Darflix has the same problem

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 08, 2011, 10:37:41 PM »
A "leap to Flowrestown" won't be manageable. Pian en Luries will have to expand northwards slowly to reduce spawns, and a prodigious sum of adventurers will be necessary around those mountains.

As tempting as Flowrestown is, I remain convinced that the most realistic "next step" towards colonizing the Divide Mountains is Sallowtown, or maybe Unterstrom. Actually a join colony in Sallowtown between the Lurian Kingdoms and the Véinsørmoot would be very interesting.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 09, 2011, 02:08:41 AM »
A "leap to Flowrestown" won't be manageable. Pian en Luries will have to expand northwards slowly to reduce spawns, and a prodigious sum of adventurers will be necessary around those mountains.

As tempting as Flowrestown is, I remain convinced that the most realistic "next step" towards colonizing the Divide Mountains is Sallowtown, or maybe Unterstrom. Actually a join colony in Sallowtown between the Lurian Kingdoms and the Véinsørmoot would be very interesting.

Except that the Lurians always make sure to remind D'Hara just how unpleasant they are every time we start forgetting. The idea of a lurian-backed colony in Sallowtown would not be met warmly in D'Hara...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 09, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »
Except that the Lurians always make sure to remind D'Hara just how unpleasant they are every time we start forgetting. The idea of a lurian-backed colony in Sallowtown would not be met warmly in D'Hara...

And every time the Lurians turn around, the D'harans remind us just how incompetent they are, so the feeling is fairly mutual.  But, of course, there are other members of the 'Moot that appear to have their heads on straight.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 09, 2011, 04:30:56 AM »
I just D'hara is ready to be peeved off in the near-far future :D

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 09, 2011, 05:00:43 AM »
Hey, maybe the D'Harans would support the colony if D'Harans held the Ducal seat of Sallowtown?

Then again, the Lurian penchant for infighting would render any power-sharing agreement... tenuous.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 09, 2011, 05:09:53 AM »
Hey, maybe the D'Harans would support the colony if D'Harans held the Ducal seat of Sallowtown?

Then again, the Lurian penchant for infighting would render any power-sharing agreement... tenuous.

Given the demonstrated D'Haran ability to manage cities, who the hell would give them one?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 09, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »
Given the demonstrated D'Haran ability to manage cities, who the hell would give them one?

Easy to say when your realm's food demand doesn't exceed its supply by over 9000%.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 09, 2011, 05:44:21 AM »
Easy to say when your realm's food demand doesn't exceed its supply by over 9000%.

Again, you forget that De-Legro and I had two lordships, a duchy, and a Council position in D'hara at various times.  Taking Paisly and Paisland and letting the food-producing Qubel and QL go rogue made your situation untenable.  The fact that D'hara continues on the same stupid path doesn't excuse anything.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 09, 2011, 05:58:37 AM »

I'm sorry did someone force you to take on more cities then you could reasonably expect to feed? Does someone continue to force you to maintain a realm composition that puts you at the mercy of foreign food markets?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 09, 2011, 06:01:30 AM »
The Lurians demanded the Lighthouse, didn't they? I can't imagine how D'Hara or anyone else in the Moot would be able to stomache a shared realm project when the Lurians clearly want to take advantage of D'Hara, its previous situation a clear example. Matt himself even pointed out the relative importance of Qubel to D'Hara. Makes you wonder...