Author Topic: Change to Mentor position  (Read 30726 times)

egamma

Re: Change to Mentor position
« Reply #30: March 12, 2011, 12:27:05 AM »
Sweetness!   You are right.  It is not a complete list,  but it is brilliant start.   

Now, let us talk about mentor lessons.  A complete mentor session now includes over six letters, even without student questions.   
Would we still need the structured list of lessons?  And, if so, how to support mentors in that task?

If this format is still deemed necessary, mentor lesson resources/tools would be a positive change.   I see three options:
  • Post resources in a mentor-only part of the forum  -- which opens the forum to other private group sections.   A private forum section provide a place for mentors to post/share solid information, without undermining the mentor/student experience.   Such a mentor forum would also allow realms easy consistent/approved mentor lessons.
  • Provide a clear mentor section on wiki.  Some realms already attempted to use wiki to standardize realm mentor lessons.
  • Bake standard lessons into the game as templates.

How big of change in mentoring do we want?

There are already hidden forums--for example, look below my name on the left. So the functionality is already available.

I think a mentors forum would be nice, and an "ask a question" section where it's understood that people can ask a "stupid" question and not get made fun of--make sure it's policed harshly for sarcastic replies.

There are already many excellent mentor areas on the wiki. =Iit would be nice to gather all of them, update them (some may not have up to date tax/estate information), and store them in either or both of the forums suggested.