Author Topic: Error when checking Region  (Read 6804 times)

egamma

Re: Error when checking Region
« Reply #15: October 07, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
Right, sorry. Our refers to the realm of D'hara on Dwilight.

My thought was that since one estate in Port Nebel was not updating and showing that error message on every page that draws on estate information, it might also be preventing the calculations for that particular estate from producing a value. While I clearly have no idea how the code for the new estate system works, it did seem possible that one estate failing to produce a value could prevent the entire tax from running.

So in Port Nebel, instead of getting:
1+1+1=3
We're getting:
1+1+Error=Error
And that error gets fed into the Duchy and Realm calculations too. Or the code may simply stop when it hits that error. Like I said, this is just a wild guess.

Can you delete the estate? I'll send you a message OOC too.

Quiet One

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 07, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
The bug appears to affect any page that uses information about the deleted knight/estate, so I'm unable to manage estates or assign knights to armies in Port Nebel.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 08, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »
d'hara last had taxes 8 days ago, riombara 7

D'Hara just ran Taxes as the Fiduciary clicked the link to collect them, I believe. It seems to be bugged.

Character: Marche, Knight of Paisly, Ruler of D'Hara
Continent: Dwilight

Region Tax Report   (5 hours, 19 minutes ago)
The following taxes were collected in Paisly. The tax rate for this collection was 14 % and the lords share was 5 %.

Regional income and expensesPeasants Taxes   1233 gold
Trade Balance   -1271 gold
Taxes from Guildhouses   + 8 gold
Collectable Tax Gold   -30 gold
Estate of   Size   Peasants   Tax Collected   Knight Share   Lord Share
Seabhac   24 %   7392   -8 gold   -8 gold   -0 gold
Lyra   22 %   6776   -7 gold   -7 gold   -0 gold
Marche   24 %   7392   -8 gold   -8 gold   -0 gold
Machiavel   25 %   7700   -8 gold      -8 gold
(vacant)   5 %   1540   -1 gold      -1 gold
Region Totals         -32 gold   -23 gold   -9 gold

Lord and Duke SharesLord Share   -9 gold
Dukes Share   - -9 gold
Lords Tax Income   nothing

No other Tax Reports for me, nor any Ruler share reports. I believe the Duke of Paisly noted that his Dukeship Tax Report was all blanks. Since my character would have only receive -8 bonds, I don't know if those were received. I believe someone reported he didn't receive taxes, but not 100% sure on this.

Should this be made in a separate topic?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:44:52 AM by Telrunya »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 08, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »

Yes, I think splitting it off would be a good idea.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #19: October 08, 2011, 04:50:32 PM »
D'Hara just ran Taxes as the Fiduciary clicked the link to collect them, I believe. It seems to be bugged.

Character: Marche, Knight of Paisly, Ruler of D'Hara
Continent: Dwilight

No other Tax Reports for me, nor any Ruler share reports. I believe the Duke of Paisly noted that his Dukeship Tax Report was all blanks. Since my character would have only receive -8 bonds, I don't know if those were received. I believe someone reported he didn't receive taxes, but not 100% sure on this.

I didn't even see the tax report--I guess because Raviel comes after Port Nebel in the alphabet, or something.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 08, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
In my ducal tax report, I didn't see any details for my duchy, nor did I get the gold from them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron