Author Topic: A Fresh Start  (Read 8933 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: A Fresh Start
« Reply #15: September 10, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
You really zero in on lazy councilmembers lately (not saying Sordnaz is one of them, probably not considering he has been in power forever). But most characters do not hold rulership even close to that long.

I'm starting to wonder if the hammer thing has happend to you. If you only have a hammer, then every problem is a nail :)

I don't know about the rest of you but the reason I don't play on BT is because I like fighting other humans more than monsters/undead. I've played many games and I've always prefered people to be my opponents. I play computers when I do not have access to people, and that is about it.

BT is probably the continent where humans fight other humans the most.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 10, 2011, 05:43:54 PM »
BT is probably the continent where humans fight other humans the most.

That is certainly news to me. The two short stints I spent there was pure monster/undead-fighting. Seems I have been mistaken. I'll probably put a char there then whenever I can.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 10, 2011, 06:03:26 PM »
That is certainly news to me. The two short stints I spent there was pure monster/undead-fighting. Seems I have been mistaken. I'll probably put a char there then whenever I can.

Of course you take a small break during invasions, though even there there are realms that align with the baddies. And then a brief rebuilding reffort, but after that it's full on fighting 'till the next invasion interrupts it.

There never was a "continental peace" problem on BT like we've seen on the other continents.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 10, 2011, 07:54:28 PM »
IMO, though, if BT ever fails in an invasion, the other continents should suffer for it and start being plagued themselves.

I hate to break it to you, but...
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 10, 2011, 08:03:48 PM »
The way I see it, if BT falls, then other continents should start having invasions just as BT had. And in-between invasions, everyone gets a chance to try to recolonize BT, like at startup, to establish a foothold to push back the evils and therefore prevent them from going back to the old continents.

This, IMO, would open for interesting gameplay and storylines.

Something along those lines would indeed be cool.  Alternatively, the Fifth or Sixth Invasion could be humans Invading Beluaterra to try and reclaim it.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 10, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »
I hate to break it to you, but...

But...?

Something along those lines would indeed be cool.  Alternatively, the Fifth or Sixth Invasion could be humans Invading Beluaterra to try and reclaim it.

This was indeed part of what I was suggesting.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 18, 2011, 08:45:59 PM »

Im looking forward to the 5th invasion more than the last. I do hope all the geography has changed under the power of the blight and there are crazy hoards lurking the in fog of war, too! Though it would be nice to see her hit sooner rather than later. Fighting each other has become too.. regular.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 19, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
BT will never fall!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 19, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »
it'll just sink?
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 19, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
BT will never fall!

Kill Sint off, and then maybe we'll survive the next invasion. Maybe.  8)