Author Topic: Better Trading = More Fun Trader Class  (Read 18756 times)

egamma

Re: Better Trading = More Fun Trader Class
« Reply #30: September 18, 2011, 04:48:18 AM »
I think I got 85 gold for selling 1000+ bushels of food between Fissoa and Paisly.

egamma

« Reply #31: September 18, 2011, 04:48:42 AM »
I think I got 85 gold exotics bonus for selling 1000+ bushels of food between Fissoa and Paisly.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 18, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »
i think mine got 30 odd from a 500 bushel trade. that's from his 1st trade
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: September 19, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »
From experience, I never got anything more than +5 gold from selling exotics. If a trade is not profitable or useful, it won't make me change my mind.

I generally got between 30-50 gold for exotic trades, never saw anything as low as 5 gold. I wonder if the distance or the size of the trade affects the exotic income.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: September 19, 2011, 02:24:35 AM »
I generally got between 30-50 gold for exotic trades, never saw anything as low as 5 gold. I wonder if the distance or the size of the trade affects the exotic income.

From what people are saying here, it sounds like it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #35: September 19, 2011, 04:17:13 AM »
Distance and possibly quantity of food sold, or number of caravans.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: September 19, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »

I sold Masahakon's food in Akanos, I would hope distance was large enough. The size of trades could be a reason though, I tended to sell 50 to 100 bushels at a time.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

egamma

« Reply #37: September 19, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »
I sold Masahakon's food in Akanos, I would hope distance was large enough. The size of trades could be a reason though, I tended to sell 50 to 100 bushels at a time.

Why bother? I try for 500-1200 bushels normally. I have 8 caravans with me right now.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: September 19, 2011, 04:31:42 PM »
Why bother? I try for 500-1200 bushels normally. I have 8 caravans with me right now.

"-I can save your city from starvation good Sir. Even though I only have 50 bushels with me and I promised them to the Lord of Kepler, if you give me 100 pieces of gold I will leave them here and tell Lord Kepler I lost them to bandits.

-Yes, do so!

Three days later:

-The city is starving again!

-You are in luck, after three days of relentless search, I could find 50 bushels more!"

Lather, rinse, repeat. I carried 700 bushels with me for more than a year, never saw a need to sell it all at once.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 09, 2011, 06:38:08 PM »
i'll be dead honest. i think a trader can benefit from a guard paraphernalia rather than a unit.

what do traders need unit for? stop random npc from robbing their gold?

getting arrested by hostile realm? well.. if they want to go to hostile realm, they can bring a unit to avoid that! guards shouldn't stand a chance

can't think of anything else.
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 09, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »
i'll be dead honest. i think a trader can benefit from a guard paraphernalia rather than a unit.

getting arrested by hostile realm? well.. if they want to go to hostile realm, they can bring a unit to avoid that! guards shouldn't stand a chance

can't think of anything else.

I would like this. Units just go get themselves killed against rogues.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: October 09, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
just saying.. because it's like a slave trader.

you get a unit, and carry tons of gold. head to destination light year away, dump your unit before it dumps you. head home with no gold but lots of food.
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: October 09, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »
just saying.. because it's like a slave trader.

you get a unit, and carry tons of gold. head to destination light year away, dump your unit before it dumps you. head home with no gold but lots of food.

Indeed, once you bought what you wanted, you don't need troops for anything anymore. They become more of a hassle than anything.

egamma

« Reply #43: October 10, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »

Yes.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: October 10, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »
Yes.

But bandits only steal gold, and not food, afaik. Once you spent all your gold, they are only good for getting you captured by rogues.