Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 86009 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Topic Start: September 14, 2011, 02:32:03 AM »
Garath stepped into the public house, grateful he had invested in his very thick, very waterproof cloak.  He flashed a smile at the tavern wench who looked over, and despite the tense atmosphere she grinned back at the well-dressed young rogue.  He flicked his cloak open and his eyes gleamed as he used a touch of energy to cast Skim Thoughts on her.  Weariness, wariness over the storm and the old legends, unhappiness at the lack of customers, distaste for the grandsir in the corner who could not keep his hands to himself...Ah, there was what he wanted, wonder at whether the young lord would want a tumble later, handsome enough and has coin.

He winked, and took a look at the room, pursing his lips.  He cast a tentative Gauge Room and nodded regretfully.  Too few, and too dismal to be worth his efforts in storytelling tonight.  A pity, as while his purse was flush now, he never missed an opportunity to fill it.  Or add a few more, at that.

He found a corner table with no difficulty given the half-empty state of the place, and set his back up against the wall, signalling the friendly barmaid.  His smile was back in force as she undulated up.  He approved of women who knew how to use their curves.

"Anything I can get for you this evenin', milord"

"If you were sitting in this chair after a long, frustrating, wet day, and you had coin to spend" he flashed a few silvers between his fingers "what would you have?"

She raised her eyebrows, sizing him up...

"Depends, milord, on how many of those silvers I had.  If I had, say, five of them to drop, I would have the saffron fish and the white wine.  Of course, if I had a gold to spend, then I would have the the pastry-beef and I would ask for the special red."

Garath laughed, and his hand flashed, reappearing with three golds between his fingers.

"Then I shall have the beef and the special red...And you should join me, miss...?"

She glanced around the lackluster room, and then smiled.

"Wendella, milord.  And that I will, since you're buyin'."

"Please...Call me Garath."

Completing these actions would result in the following changes:

4.00 concentration expended
    2.67 energy expended
    4 XP in Perceive gained
    2 XP in Mind gained
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"