Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 86127 times)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Topic Start: September 15, 2011, 01:14:13 AM »
Cyprian listened with growing despair to the report of ship’s captain.

“.. and then there’s the mast to repair, and we’ll need a new sail, and-“

“Yes, yes,” Cyprian interrupted impatiently, waving his hand dismissively, “I don’t need to know the technicalities- I just want to know whether it can be repaired and how long until we can set sail again.”

“Well, so long as there’s a decent shipbuilder in town then we should be able to fix her up, but it’ll take a week at least before we’re sea-worthy.”

Cyprian let out a deep sigh at the news.

“Very well, I suppose you had better see to the matter- Gods bless and guide you”

Cyprian stretched out his hand and traced out a blessing over the captain’s head. The man bowed his head in reverence for a moment before turning and walking back to his ship and crew.
Sighing again, Cyprian turned away from the harbour, looking into the town, pulling his cloak tight against his body to ward off the cold.

A week… he was supposed to arrive at the city temple in a few days time. But still at least the ship wasn’t beyond repair. After all he still had some money left, enough to lodge here for a week at least.

Resolving to search for an inn, Cyprian walked down into the town. Looking around for a local, he soon found a small marketplace located in a nearby square and approached a young man running a small fish stall.

“Excuse me, young sir,” Cyprian inquired, putting on a friendly smile, “I have only just arrived here and am in need of a place to stay for the night. Do you know of any local inn of good repute that I may seek out?”

The man thought for a moment before answering, “Well, there is the Fisherman’s Arms round the corner of the street there,” he replied, pointing towards a road leading off the square no more than a few feet away, “You should find a room there, and at a decent price too.”

“Thank you very much,” Cyprian replied, taking the man’s advice and walking round the corner and into the nearby inn.