Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 27228 times)

Phellan

  • Noble Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 364
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #15: September 15, 2011, 04:31:10 AM »
The candle burnt lower now, an empty plate with not even enough scraps for the mice lay on the side of the table.   The pages kept turning.    The man's face was furrowed in concentration.    The page turned again.     His eyes widened slightly and a bit of excitement shone through his eyes.

"Yes. . . yes this and here. . . excellent" he scribbled a few notes into the margins of the book, referencing locations and shapes.   

He calmed himself and gathered his focus.    A few strokes of a rune, another rune intersecting.    A whispered word of power.   He focused seeing outside, on being able to look around the town as though a bug on the wind.  He needed to explore and see if there were threats around him.   Then with a rush of energy he felt his minds eye expand.   spontaneous magic (Perceive/Air - 1/1/2) (with 1 shifts)

cjnodell

  • Guest
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #16: September 15, 2011, 07:17:43 PM »
As Siglorn hid behind the tree as another arrow thudded into the trunk. He quickly glanced around the tree and spotted his assailant just in time to see the man release another arrow. Fortunately it was but one man,

With his attacker in sight Siglorn Cast Air Shield and mentaly directed the barrier of air between him and the arrow as he stepped from behind the tree. The shield held true and deflected the projectile. Wasting no time Siglorn charged his the beefy cloaked figure before him, rapidly closing the distance.

As he approached he deflected two more arrows with his shield. Finally Siglorn was close enough.. He quickly cast Lump and saw a fist sized lump of earth fly forth and knock his assailant down. A second later Siglorn was on him. The mans death was as quick as a knife to the throat could make it...

Completing these actions has resulted in the following changes:
4.00 concentration expended
2.67 energy expended
2 XP in Protect gained
1 XP in Air gained
2 XP in Harm gained
1 XP in Earth gained

Zakilevo

  • Guest
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #17: September 16, 2011, 03:04:56 AM »

Tom

  • Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 8202
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #18: September 16, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
He calmed himself and gathered his focus.    A few strokes of a rune, another rune intersecting.    A whispered word of power.   He focused seeing outside, on being able to look around the town as though a bug on the wind.  He needed to explore and see if there were threats around him.   Then with a rush of energy he felt his minds eye expand.   spontaneous magic (Perceive/Air - 1/1/2) (with 1 shifts)

People, when someone posts something like this, it is an open invitation to complete his roleplay. Remember that he can not roleplay what exactly happened with spontaneous magic, so he is locked into waiting until someone does...

loren

  • Noble Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 454
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #19: September 16, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »
He needed to explore and see if there were threats around him.   Then with a rush of energy he felt his minds eye expand.   spontaneous magic (Perceive/Air - 1/1/2) (with 1 shifts)

A brief instant showed a man with a bloody blade cloaked in shadows, but no other information was available. [1,2,1]

Zane

  • Knight
  • **
  • Posts: 68
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #20: September 17, 2011, 06:13:21 AM »
Zuno shoves back from the table, disgusted with himself. Glowering at the now-gloating merchant, he stomps out of the common room and into the fading late-afternoon sun. He should have paid for a room before he started gambling. Now he has no place to sleep tonight.

Zuno wanders aimlessly through the back streets and alleys around the battered harbor, At one point a particularly brazen rat stands in the alley, chewing on some moldy bit of trash. Zuno's anger and frustration suddenly has a focus and a target. Fury pours out of him, directed at the unknowing creature. spontaneous magic (Harm/Death - 4/1/1) (with 2 shifts)

Bedwyr

  • Mighty Duke
  • ****
  • Posts: 1762
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #21: September 17, 2011, 06:24:55 AM »
Zuno wanders aimlessly through the back streets and alleys around the battered harbor, At one point a particularly brazen rat stands in the alley, chewing on some moldy bit of trash. Zuno's anger and frustration suddenly has a focus and a target. Fury pours out of him, directed at the unknowing creature. spontaneous magic (Harm/Death - 4/1/1) (with 2 shifts)

Suddenly, the rat began keening, writhing on the ground as bits of fur and flesh wither, rotting away before Zuno's eyes.  The food the rat had been nibbling blackened and the smell of rot began drifting out of the alley.  The rat's screaming lasted for a solid minute, before the whimpering began as it slowly dragged itself deeper into the shadows, with much of it's body rotted away to the bone.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zane

  • Knight
  • **
  • Posts: 68
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #22: September 17, 2011, 06:36:06 AM »
The rat's screaming lasted for a solid minute, before the whimpering began as it slowly dragged itself deeper into the shadows, with much of it's body rotted away to the bone.

Zuno glances around, hoping nobody saw or heard the rat, before dashing into a shadowed alley to hide until dark.

Zakilevo

  • Guest
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #23: September 17, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »

Zane

  • Knight
  • **
  • Posts: 68
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #24: September 18, 2011, 06:10:50 AM »
Astalos took a deep breath and emptied his mind of all meaningless thoughts. As he focused more, he felt a warm sensation around his wounds and body.

spontaneous magic (Heal/Body - 3/2/1) (with 2 shifts)

The warmth grew and intensified.  Soon it was painfully hot.  Suddenly, the pain was gone.  Astalos felt magnificent, as if he were years ... no,  decades younger.  Astalos sees his own face reflected in the panes of the window as he hadn't seen it since before he was old enough to shave.

(2 shifts to Heal/Body - 5/2/1, not only did he heal, he reversed his physical age back to adolescent/early teens)

OOC: I think I did that right.  It doesn't have to be a GM to write what happens with spontaneous magic, correct?  GMs, feel free to override me if I misunderstood how spontaneous magic and/or shifts work. :-)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:17:46 AM by Zane »

Tom

  • Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 8202
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #25: September 18, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
That was right, except for the duration - at duration 1, that amount of bodily change would be excrutiatingly painful as it all happens in an instant. Passing out would probably be ensured, and the best that can happen to you.

Nathan

  • Mighty Duke
  • ****
  • Posts: 713
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #26: September 18, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
Kalan looked down from a hill and saw a port town below him, several hours of running, but he had made it. There were partially destroyed ships in the harbour, with the terrible storm still raging they would likely not be here in the morning - "Damnit", Kalan thought, "not even a ship here to get me off the wretched island". Kalan patted his side, the pouch of gold coins was still there under his clothes - good, it hadn't come loose, that meant a good drink or ten was in order.

Making his way down towards the town, Kalan could hear song and laughter coming from one tavern. Upon entering the tavern he was greeted by the smell of sweat and beer, everyone seemed mightily drunk, especially the large man who made his way towards Kalan, "FRIEND!" the man even managed to slur that one word, "DRINK!" and again. Another man shoved a tankard into Kalan's hands. "He just won a lot of gold in a poker game, making an even richer merchant richer" the man explained.

Kalan wasn't going to argue with free drink and so he didn't, letting the night take its drunken and joy filled course.

Tom

  • Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 8202
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #27: September 18, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »
The inquisitor looked out over the harbor from his generous cabin on the "Flaming Dolphin". The ship had suffered minor damage from the storm and would take a few days to repair, but being built in the south and being designed as a war-vessel even though it looked like a trader meant it was more solid and robust than the trading ships of the colonists. Not to mention the northern ship, if one could call it that, he saw crashing into the cliffs the day before.

Inquisitor Lucious did not wonder whether the crew of the ship from the heretical north had survived or not. It was none of his concern. He did, however, care for the unnatural light he had seen the night before. If there was supernatural activity in this area, he felt certain the gods were counting on him to stomp it out. It may even be the reason he was here.



Brother Herox arrived late at the inn, clad in inconspicious travellers garbs just like the two inquisition soldiers that accompanied him. Like several other small groups, he had left the Flaming Dolphin after the Inquisitors briefing, and entered town. He did not like this change of plans. They were here to preach and convert, not hunt spellcasters. But the Inquisitor could take command of any operation, temple or - in this case - ship in case there was evidence for spellcasters in the vicinity. And the church rules were clear on the priorities.

And so Herox and his guards sat down at the last empty table, the brother recalling one-by-one the tricks they had taught him on causing those spellcasters to reveal themselves.

Zakilevo

  • Guest
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #28: September 18, 2011, 10:53:43 PM »

Tom

  • Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 8202
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #29: September 18, 2011, 11:31:27 PM »
Brother Herox had marked down a few individuals in the inn as potential heretics, but none of them had yet acted in a way that warranted blowing their disguise. Besides, he hadn't had a comfy evening for a long time. He motioned the other two to stay put and blend in - which meant ordering some ale and food like everyone else. He did not exactly mind.



Onboard the Flaming Dolphin, Inquisitor Lucious was preparing the actual search and extinguish expedition. The parties he had already sent out were ill-prepared to face an actual spellcaster, but they would flush him out into the open.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:20:16 AM by Tom »