Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 85893 times)

Halden

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #210: November 09, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »
Well that's all well and good, but these all seem to be pretty combat oriented, none of which I've had cause to use yet. If you look at what the spells in my RP have been trying to accomplish, it's just been mundane tasks aided by the use of magic. Something any amateur magician is surely familiar with. Essentially you're casting spells that can help you with chores, and little else. I doubt a new learner of magic is overeager to try and test his lack of skill and confidence against real targets, much the reason why initial roleplays are important, developing the character and his story before we paradrop him onto the front lines.

And I'm with De-Legro on this one. Halden honestly doesn't know he is capable of magic use just yet. I tried to convey that in the RP. Unsure if I accomplished it. Had I the spells, I certainly would have used them. But using spontaneous magic wasn't the initial plan on the first write through (why else would I use it to simply light a fire). I guess that's why this Test Thread is here, so we can work that stuff out. In any case, I really do need someone to do an explanation of what fiery mess awaits him when he wakes up.