Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 84787 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #60: September 21, 2011, 02:25:25 AM »
Uh, can you check that again? Because for me it correctly says "Control" and not "Perceive" in the XP gains.

Can't completely duplicate, as I upped skill earlier, but it seems to be correctly producing Control now.  Not sure what happened, I just c/p'd what the page produced.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: September 21, 2011, 02:42:44 AM »
Garath suppressed a sigh.  The perils of not using practiced spells...But, it should do well enough.

While the innkeeper kept the remaining guard occupied, Garath smiled wryly at Wendella, speaking quietly without whispering.

"It seems tonight is not my night...And when the rest of the guards arrive, that innkeeper, well..." Garath shrugged sadly.  "Anywhere we can lay low for a few days?  I have a cabin on a nice, fast Northerner ship, but we need to last that long."

Wendella hesitated, but looked at the bones and shuddered.

"Are you afraid of ghosts?"

Garath smiled coldly.  She flinched a little, but shook her head.

"There is an old fortress..."

"Perfect.  Let's go..."

The two made their way purposefully but unhurriedly out of the kitchen door, pausing only to grab a few loaves of bread.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #62: September 21, 2011, 03:19:54 AM »
(7)

As Astalos turned away from the ship, he saw eyes of people looking behind him. When he turned around, there were templars walking out of the ship. Between the templars, he could see a man wearing a white gown with a symbol he hated more than anything, the symbol of the temple of Estardes,

For past twenty years that symbol has been chasing him both in the real world and the dream world. He has gotten over the fear toward the symbol many years ago. But it was too difficult for him to get over his hatred. Instead of getting over that feeling, he has learned to hide it under the thickness of time and memories.

As the templars came closer, Astalos stepped aside and stood along with other people in the harbour to make the way for the templars to pass. The man in the middle, guarded by the templars must be the inquisitor. The inquisitors of the temple were always mysterious. They could have just waited in their temples while the templars return with captured casters but instead they moved with the templars.

Astalos suspected that inquisitors could possibly be casters as well. People of the old used to say fight fire with fire. His mentor could not kill a single templar with all his spells, even with the help from the ritual he has prepared for years. Something seemed to be protecting those templars.  Armours they wear are nothing more than plates of tempered iron put together. He had seen the templar armour up close many times as a child because his father was one of the templar commanders. Their relationship ended quickly when he found out about Astalos’s potential to become a caster. His father hunted him like a dog for months until Astalos finally met his mentor who helped him escape.

Soon the templars entered the town while a couple templars guarded the harbour. Astalos moved along with a crowd of people who wanted to watch the inquisition.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:23:10 AM by Zakilevo »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #63: September 21, 2011, 09:29:49 AM »
Inquisitor Lucious made his way through town, well aware of the people watching him and his templars. The cover that the Flaming Dolphin had been sailing under had been blown, and for good. But it was worth it, he was sure. Both his instincts and his prayers had revealed that there was more than one burning overdue here.
He watched the people watching him, but contrary to them he was trained in the art. The look of hatred in the eyes of one young man stood out amongst the crowd like a woman would in the bathes of his home town. Fear was common, as was dislike, but outright hatred? There was only one group of people arrogant enough to display hatred on the inquisition. Lucious stopped and turned at the same instance, his templars following his every movement with a barely visible delay.

Lucious pointed straight at Astalos. Then he said but two short sentences that would change Astalos life:

"Everyone else, make way." - the crowd did as it was told as if they had been a drilled elite unit. Within seconds, Astalos was standing there, exposed and all alone.

"Take him." - the two templars at the front moved towards Astalos in a horribly efficient pincer move, while the other two moved a few steps forward to position themselves at the sides of the inquisitor.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: September 21, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
y the time Dynamis came upon the city it was starting to get dark and the city gates had just closed. He had spied a troup of mean looking soldiers following a prelate into the city.

An interesting change of events. Could there be inquisitors here? They would be no match for him, and he did badly want to make a new friend. So rather than wait he went running up to the main gate shouting about bandits in the woods, pleading for mercy. Soot and other detritus covered his body from his time in the hut and his electrical displays earlier in the day. With a suspicious eye they opened the sally port and allowed him to enter, taking him directly to the guard captain on watch.

"You came screaming about bandits. How many, and where." The gruff captain spat out. Dynamis was in luck, the man spoke a dialect he actually understood and could speak. Perhaps this wasn't such a bad unplanned rescue after all.

"I, I didn't really count," Dynamis stuttered, "Maybe ten? Could've been more, they had come from this hut which I saw on the path through the woods over by the stand of oak saplings."

"And you didn't stop to chat with them is it? Probably for the better, those northern bastards come in here all too often these days. I wouldn't be surprised if you came across a scouting party of raiders." With a curt look the captain dismisses Dyanmis who scampers off like a vagrant.

As he leaves he can hear the captain ordering several squads to ride out immediately to find the ficitious raiders. The smoldering tree will add some credence to his tale, but for now the important thing was the guards of the town were going to be badly under-manned. The inquisition would have little local support for the rest of the night.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: September 21, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
Kalan could see the man before him ageing quite rapidly. It wasn't exactly the effect he had expected, but then, he didn't really know what he expected to happen. Still panicking, he looked around for an escape route - he saw one, a side street. Not the best escape route as he wasn't exactly escaping, more like a getting-away-to-hide-and-slip-out-in-the-morning route, but it would have to do.

Kalan head down the side street which seemed to lead in the general direction of the pub he'd just come from, hoping he wasn't being followed by the angry and ageing man.

On a positive note, he seemed to have stopped ejecting his drink for the time being, now just to wait for the inevitable aching and weariness.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #66: September 21, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »
Brother Herox ran after Kalan, though noticeably slower than he used to be. There was a pain in his bones that he had not noticed before. Maybe the unfamiliar climate, or the long sea journey?

After the second turn, he had lost sight of the heretic. He searched the area for a short while, then returned to the inn, where two more heretics were waiting. He had an excellent memory for faces and would make sure to report the one that had escaped him to the inquisitor so the town guards could pick him up in the morning.

Zakilevo

« Reply #67: September 22, 2011, 03:36:07 AM »
(-8-)

Suddenly, the templars stopped and turned around toward the crowd. Why would they turn around? That question was soon answered when the inquisitor showed himself to the crowd.

"Everyone else, make way."

With those words, the crowd quickly moved away before Astalos had a chance to react. He soon found himself standing between the crowd and the templars. He now realised it was all a setup.

“Take him”

With a gentle smile on his face, the inquisitor ordered his men. Four men rushed toward Astalos to obey the order. First two tried to pull the pincer movement while the other two tried to stop him from the front. Before the first two templars reached him, Astalos quickly casted Blinding Light on the man to the left while casting Ignite on the man to the right.

The man to the left grabbed his eyes in pain while the other man was screaming loudly as he was trying to take his heated armours off.

While Astalos was dealing with the first two men, the other two men who tried to stop him from the front have almost reached him.

Astalos casted {#170|Lump] on the man who was still holding his eyes to knock him out. The lump hit the man in the face, causing him to fall on his back. The sheer weight of the armour he is wearing probably knock the wind out of him.

Astalos unsheathed his sword to confront the first man out of the two who has managed to get close. He tilted the blade of his sword to give it some angles remembering how his father once taught him a long time ago. As the two swords met, the templar's sword slid off along the edge of Astalos's sword. But his sword was longer than what Astalos thought and it manage to lightly cut his left shoulder.

Their faces have gotten very close as the templar lost his balance. Astalos immediately casted Thundering Shout. The spell made his voice loud enough to make the templar to take off his helm as the sound echoed inside. Astalos hit the man in the back of his neck and knocked him out cold.

But it was too late for Astalos to dodge the fourth templar's attack. He tried to block the attack with his sword. But it was not an ordinary attack by a sword. It was a shield charge with a heavy wooden tower shield. The attack was strong enough to send Astalos flying for a couple meters. As he landed on the ground, his back hit empty wooden containers. His arms were badly bruised from trying to stop the charge and his back was scratched from hitting the containers. His cut wound on the left shoulder worsened from falling on the ground hard. He somehow managed to hold on to his sword but with his arms badly bruised, it was too hard to wield the sword with enough strength to attack or defend.

Astalos could not get up for a couple seconds and the templars did not wait for him to recover. Two templars have fainted but the templar who has just hit Astalos with the shield charge drew his sword out as he dropped his shield. To make things worse, the templar who was hit by the ignite spell finished taking off his armour. He was covered with burns but they were not serious enough to stop the man from carring out his order.

Astalos slowly backed away while trying to shake off the pain. The inquisitor seemed to be entertained by this. Astalos quickly looked around to find a escape route.

There were two templars closing in from the front and behind them, there were more templars and the inquisitor. To the right of him, there were people who obeyed the command of the inquisitor. Behind him, there was the ship where the templars came from. To his left, there were horses used to unload shipments. Astalos had to decide quickly to escape this trap. The storm has not yet withdrawn from the village so jumping into the sea was a suicide.

"Get him!"

The armoured templar shouted as he attacked. The unarmoured templar followed immediately. Astalos casted Flea pact on the armoured templar and Blinding Light with Lump on the unarmoured templar.

As Astalos casted his last spell, he ran as fast as he could to get on to one of the horses.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:34:45 PM by Zakilevo »

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: September 22, 2011, 04:09:01 AM »
Zuno was just turning the corner to see the Brother and the vomiting man face off when he heard an astonishingly loud shout and the sounds of combat from somewhere near the docks. This was getting all too out of control. It was definitely time to find a hiding place.

A quick jog down an alley revealed what appeared to be a small stable attached to the back of a burned-out house. The smell of soot was strong, the house was apparently struck by lightning in the storm and burned, but the stable seemed to be intact. Zuno climbed up into the hayloft and arranged himself a comfortable nest behind a few bales of hay.

Information. That's what I need. Zuno laid down and closed his eyes. His mind ranged out, eventually finding a scruffy old tomcat. Seizing control of the creature's mind (Miniature Infiltrator) Zuno/cat shook his head, flipped his tail up and sauntered off toward the harbor to see what was going on.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: September 22, 2011, 05:42:09 AM »
Dynamis was making his way towards where he thought the Templars were when a horse came galloping towards him. Unable to get out of the way he quickly formed an Air Shield that caused the horse to falter. As it crashed into him he released the energies of Unhand Me upon the horse sending it flying back towards the Templars. The force of the horses' charge sent Dynamis flying to the ground somewhat dazed. Crowds quickly converged in the streets as the bored villagers grew bolder.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:18:49 PM by loren »

Zakilevo

« Reply #70: September 22, 2011, 06:12:12 AM »
I swear this is some kind of a joke lol I can't believe I am being thrown back to the templars!

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: September 22, 2011, 06:34:14 AM »
A scruffy black alley cat sits atop a nearby house and watches with apparent amusement as the men and horse fly in various directions.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #72: September 22, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
As Astalos casted his last spell, he ran as fast as he could to get on to one of the horses. The other templars who were watching this entire time have realized what Astalos was doing and tried to chase him but with their heavy armours, they were quickly fell behind. Astalos rode the horse as fast as he could to get out from the harbour.

Once again, I have to remind people to leave others a chance to jump in. That was a very well-written roleplay (and I don't even want to know how much energy and concentration you used up - would've been cool to have the data underneath it, just for interest). However once again, please do treat major NPCs as if they were other players and give them a chance to react. If you want to roleplay an escape, do not complete it with success before the other party could do something.

I'll cut off the last two sentences and continue from there. And Dynamis met an empty horse that bolted. I know this is all... we'd just continue if at all possible, but I'm trying to also teach everyone how this cooperative storytelling thing works. :-)

Inquisitor Lucious watched the scene with amusement. He knew the templars wore the protection of their gods in addition to their armours, so none of the injuries sustained would be too bad. As the heretic reached the horses, Lucious formed a shrill whistle which made the horses rear and kick, throwing the man to the ground. The templars were closing on him fast now, the seconds he had won melting away like ice in the desert sun. The horses were still more of a danger than a help, calming down too slowly. Horses on one side, templars on two others, the inquisitor himself on the third...

(OOC: If you cast any magic on the inquisitor, please hold your roleplay after the spell. Just saying...)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:44:16 AM by Tom »

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: September 22, 2011, 03:15:51 PM »
I swear this is some kind of a joke lol I can't believe I am being thrown back to the templars!

Rather than do a GM intervent for violating a rule I simply threw you back towards them ;-)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #74: September 22, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »
Rather than do a GM intervent for violating a rule I simply threw you back towards them ;-)

Which definitely is the better solution. I just want to make the game rules clear through examples, which is why I'm a bit anal about them right now.