Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 86335 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #60: September 21, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
y the time Dynamis came upon the city it was starting to get dark and the city gates had just closed. He had spied a troup of mean looking soldiers following a prelate into the city.

An interesting change of events. Could there be inquisitors here? They would be no match for him, and he did badly want to make a new friend. So rather than wait he went running up to the main gate shouting about bandits in the woods, pleading for mercy. Soot and other detritus covered his body from his time in the hut and his electrical displays earlier in the day. With a suspicious eye they opened the sally port and allowed him to enter, taking him directly to the guard captain on watch.

"You came screaming about bandits. How many, and where." The gruff captain spat out. Dynamis was in luck, the man spoke a dialect he actually understood and could speak. Perhaps this wasn't such a bad unplanned rescue after all.

"I, I didn't really count," Dynamis stuttered, "Maybe ten? Could've been more, they had come from this hut which I saw on the path through the woods over by the stand of oak saplings."

"And you didn't stop to chat with them is it? Probably for the better, those northern bastards come in here all too often these days. I wouldn't be surprised if you came across a scouting party of raiders." With a curt look the captain dismisses Dyanmis who scampers off like a vagrant.

As he leaves he can hear the captain ordering several squads to ride out immediately to find the ficitious raiders. The smoldering tree will add some credence to his tale, but for now the important thing was the guards of the town were going to be badly under-manned. The inquisition would have little local support for the rest of the night.