Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 84766 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #75: September 22, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
The force of the horses' charge sent Dynamis flying to the ground somewhat dazed. Crowds quickly converged in the streets as the bored villagers grew bolder.

Picking himself up, Dynamis joins the surging crowd as it presses in on the arrayed Templars, the horses and the two lone men. He wondered absently if he should help the man, perhaps he was simply too stupid to know how to truly escape them. Sighing to himself Dynamis commits to helping.

With a well practiced breath he waits for the surrounded spellcaster to make a move towards casting a spell then joins in making quick movements of the hands in his pocket lovingly stroke the pages of his book as he makes a practiced look of awe and shock with the remainder of his body. Frostbite painfully afflicts the tongue and throat of the Inqiusitor as they flash freeze making the formation of words extremely painful and difficult.

Zakilevo

« Reply #76: September 22, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »
(9)

Astalos barely dodge a horse that flew out from the street. The horse hit his chasers but Astalos did not even notice that because of panicked horses in front of him. He gave up on escaping on the horse back and decided to run instead.

Astalos turned around to check on the templars quick and that was when he realized the two templars who were chasing were lying on the ground with a dead horse on top. They must have accidentally stabbed the horse when it flew out of the street. He turned his gaze toward the inquisitor.

Their eyes met in the mid air when something flew out of the street and hit the inquisitor.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:42:15 PM by Zakilevo »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: September 22, 2011, 08:02:40 PM »
OOC: What are the town walls like? How tall are they? What are they made of? Do they have a walkway for soldiers to patrol around? Are they new or old?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #78: September 22, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »
(9)

Astalos barely dodge a horse that flew out from the street. The horse hit his chasers but Astalos did not even notice that because of panicked horses in front of him. He gave up on escaping on the horse back and decided to run instead.

Errr... continuity? You were on the ground, surrounded by templars?

OOC: What are the town walls like? How tall are they? What are they made of? Do they have a walkway for soldiers to patrol around? Are they new or old?
If nobody has written anything about it, yet. you can pretty much invent it as you want.

Zakilevo

« Reply #79: September 22, 2011, 10:27:14 PM »
Oh crap. Didn't know the inquisitor ordered his men to attack. Oh well. Time to rewrite the story. (ooc: can you fix this crazy enlargement of my reply box? lol)

And whose story am I suppose to follow? One threw me back and the other just simply surrounded me by making horses go crazy? Maybe only one GM should get themselves involved in the same story?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:32:09 PM by Zakilevo »

Zakilevo

« Reply #80: September 22, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »
(9)

Astalos fell from the saddle as the horse lifted itself up. When his back hit the ground, he felt an intense burning sensation from the scratches he got from hitting the wooden containers. The templars quickly surrounded him to eliminate any chance of escape for the caster.

He had a few choices left. He was cut, scratched and bruised while most of his enemies were standing. Astalos took a deep breathe as he was preparing magic. He disliked using a spontaneous magic since he could not predict the outcome but he had a little choice in the matter. When the templars formed a wall in front of him, he casted spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 10-2-1) (6 shifts) on them.

(ooc: I wonder how 10 will shift. Can it be split like 7/5/1?)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:08:04 PM by Zakilevo »

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: September 22, 2011, 11:26:30 PM »
spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 10-2-1) (6 shifts)

(shifted to 5-1-7)

One of the templars emits a horrible scream of pain as his shield flashes into a disc of blinding incandescent light.  He casts the shield aside and falls to the ground, rolling around to extinguish the flames ignited on the shield-side sleeve of his gambeson.  The mud around the shield sizzles and cracks as it slowly sinks and melts its way into the ground.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: September 22, 2011, 11:40:48 PM »
And whose story am I suppose to follow? One threw me back and the other just simply surrounded me by making horses go crazy? Maybe only one GM should get themselves involved in the same story?

OOC: Tom's.  You'll note my first post now reflects his GM intervention, as did my subsequent where it describes him as having been surrounded.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: September 22, 2011, 11:44:33 PM »
(shifted to 5-1-7)

One of the templars emits a horrible scream of pain as his shield flashes into a disc of blinding incandescent light.  He casts the shield aside and falls to the ground, rolling around to extinguish the flames ignited on the shield-side sleeve of his gambeson.  The mud around the shield sizzles and cracks as it slowly sinks and melts its way into the ground.

OOC: I'll let Tom decide on this.  Personally with 6 shifts the would've gone completely to hell.  Like 5,1,2 shifted into a discharge against the caster.  4,2,1 Firebolt that badly burns him.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:51:46 PM by loren »

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: September 22, 2011, 11:48:31 PM »
OOC - yeah, it was difficult figure out how to not blow up everyone in the area with that many shifts.  Feel free to override or completely disregard.  I'm still feeling my way though how shifts work.

I was also tempted to target the templar's codpiece instead of his shield just for comedic value. Or the caster's, for that matter. The Codpiece of Eternal Flaming. :-)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: September 22, 2011, 11:49:25 PM »
Stumbling down the alley between the houses and the town's wall, Kalan heard shouts, bangs and numerous other sounds coming from somewhere in the city. "That must be the other two the guards picked out making a stand", Kalan thought to himself. On a normal day he might have just stayed where he was, hid a little and then crawled out when everything quietened down. But day was different, not only was he going to hide away, but he was going to do it miles away from this town. If only he could- "Aha!"

There was an outhouse built up against the town wall, Kalan knew that if he could climb it, he'd be able to jump over the wall and out into freedom and safety. Any normal person would have realised that was asking for trouble, but Kalan didn't care. He was too scared and, most importantly, still too drunk to realise he could get injured. He quickly looked around to make sure nobody was watching and then climbed up onto the little wooden building and then over the wall.

Thud!

"Ugh..." Kalan looked down at his legs, there were no bones sticking out or any terrible amount of bleeding - success! In the distance he could see decrepit fortress, closer by there was a forest with a cabin nearby. Kalan presumed that, being so close to the forest, it was a loggers cabin. He started to hobble in the direction of the cabin, hoping that he'd get there before anyone came by.

---

OOC:

OOC: Personally with 6 shifts the intent would've gone to hell, the target would've gone to complete hell, and at least half that crowd would've been incinerated, probably blowing up the caster along with it.

Agreed. I was just posting a reply about part of it fizzling off and blinding everyone around - including the caster. But Zane beat me to it :(

Zakilevo

« Reply #86: September 22, 2011, 11:49:48 PM »
Blowing up half the templars? A good way for Astalos to die :) It would be nice to know how many shifts are allowed before blowing up the caster.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: September 22, 2011, 11:54:31 PM »
Blowing up half the templars? A good way for Astalos to die :) It would be nice to know how many shifts are allowed before blowing up the caster.

OOC: I'd probably go for enough to make 2 fizzles that are both capable of killing someone. So if you had something like 5-3-1 with 20 shifts, that's when I'd start to worry.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: September 23, 2011, 03:25:39 AM »
spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 10-2-1) (6 shifts) on them.

(ooc: I wonder how 10 will shift. Can it be split like 7/5/1?)

Can you even do anything higher than 5 unless it's a ritual?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #89: September 23, 2011, 03:30:30 AM »
Well it works on the parser... So I just did it lol...