Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 85771 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #165: October 07, 2011, 01:51:05 AM »
(21)

The light emitted from the book was starting to get darker and colder. When the light contacted his skin, he felt a chill down his spine. Something foul was going on and he had to do something before things get out of his hands. He quickly poured everything in his bag on the floor.

A couple lump of bread, three bottles of water, two potions made from basic herbs, a branch struck by a lightning bolt... and a couple sticks of chalk. He quickly grabbed two sticks and gently threw them to Saniel.

"Start picking out runes we need for a ritual. We need the runes to suppress whatever comes out of the book. I will draw a magic circle for the ritual. We can use that alter to focus our energy. We have to move quickly before the seal of the book breaks."

Astalos grabbed a couple sticks of chalk himself to draw the magic circle and calculate what he needed for the ritual. Just in case things get out of hands, he decided to draw another circle around the original circle to perform a ritual for attack magic.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 05:13:32 PM by Zakilevo »

deepevil

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: October 12, 2011, 09:31:31 AM »
Deepevil walked amidst the ruins of a craggled forest, searching for those of like mind. He thought he saw a well-deserved snack skittering by and decided to practice shedding a bit of light on what might be his last morsel for the evening. Blinding Flash

Zakilevo

« Reply #167: October 12, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »
(22)

Astalos was going to try and control the creature trapped inside the book but he soon realized the task was beyond his ability. Only thing he could do now was to try his best to destroy the book before whatever the evil sealed in the book escapes.

Astalos walked away from the magic circle surrounding the alter. He bit the tip of his index finger to activate the circle. As his blood dropped on the circle drawn with chalk, the circle started to glow.

"What has been written in blood will be erased with blood..."

As Astalos began the ritual, the runes started to become dim as if the energy within the runes were being drained.

Ritual = Power Level 100, Harm/Mind 10/11. Runes (+1), Magic Circle (+1) to Harm and Mind. Harm/Mind 11/12. = Total 9 hours.

Zakilevo

« Reply #168: October 20, 2011, 04:38:59 AM »
(23)

The runes glowed no more. Only the circle surrounding the alter and the book glowed brightly.

Astalos could almost touch the magic energy the circle has gathered. The ritual magic was ready to be released.

"Be praised oh great Nierossa, the last goddess to smile for us casters,
the master of words, the guardian of oaths, the punisher of liars.

May my voice reach thy ears. May this ritual catch thy eyes.

As I have been truthful to my words, I ask of thee to respect the words of my will."

Astalos stood up from where he was sitting and released gathered energy toward the book, floating above the alter. The light emitted from the circle was focused onto the book. The book started to turn into ashes from the very bottom. As it incinerated, it made a horrible scream which echoed inside the room.

The room started to crumble as the scream from the book and the light from the circle struggled with each other. Astalos tried his best to maintain the circle and resist the scream from breaking the runes he has written around the circle.

The book eventually turned into nothing more than a pile of ashes. The scream overwhelmed by the silence. It was all over. Astalos sat in front of the nearest wall, his back against the wall, to take a break from hours of casting.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: October 22, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »
Although the noise of the harbor had been ongoing through the morning, it was the toll of a high pitched bell which caused Valen to spring up into a sitting position, straw sticking out of his hair in every direction, and empty bottles falling over as he moved.

Blinking repeatedly to help his eyes adjust to the half light that shone through the thatch roof above he surveyed the room (as he had done many times before when waking half drunk from what he hoped had been a wonderful night)... Nothing out of the ordinary, his clothes hung from a nail near by, a half full bottle of mead was within reach, as was a rather buxom woman with long curly red hair.

Hmmm..so it WAS a good night The young man thought as a few memories began to flow back into his clouded mind. But who is this lovely here, hmm?

Boom! Thuuuump The sound startled Valen a bit but not half as much as the voice did.

"Asheia! Where are you!" boomed the voice from below...causing a goat to bay and chickens to scuttle skittishly...and the familiar voice making it somewhat more clear to Valen that he had slept the night in the barn behind the tavern he had been enjoying...

The One-eyed Mermaid was by no means the most luxurious of establishments, even for the harbor area. Yet it was a great place if you wished to find a game of chance, a good drink, and...

apparently the beautiful wife of a very large and angry tavern owner he finished his thought with a tilt of his head and a small smile at the predicaments of life he finds himself in all too often.

Jumping to his feet he quickly put on his clothes, the noise of his movements certainly alerting the man below that someone was in the loft...which was becoming obvious by the shaking of the ladder as it was being climbed.

Valen took a step toward the mow door at the front of the loft, he knew it was the only way out for him now...but then he stopped and turned back to Asheia, who had woken and now stood silently and confused.

"Ahh dear, I must be going you see..." He stopped what he was thinking to say, taken in by her beauty again. "I was your best... and you WILL tell all of your better looking friends hmmm?"

spontaneous magic (Control/Mind - 2-2-5) (7 shifts)

And then he was off, flinging open the door and ready to jump.

----
OOC:

Completing these actions has resulted in the following changes:

* 2.50 concentration expended
    * 5.00 energy expended
    * 2 XP in Control gained
    * 5 XP in Mind gained

Am I on the right track here?

Zakilevo

« Reply #170: October 22, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »
You are on the right track. But you have to stop after using any spontaneous magic. And magic with 7 shifts is very dangerous. Anything above 4 or 5 can cause a discharge which can cause bad bad things. The reason you stop after using spontaneous magics is to give other people chance to change your spells. Those shifts change your spell effects. 5/1/5 with 3 shifts can become anything from 2/4/5 to 5/4/2 but the general effect of the magic will remain the same. If you cast a spell which will enable you to move faster, it is not going to make things around you slippery . It might not make you as fast as you wanted or faster than you wanted for a short time or a long time.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: October 22, 2011, 09:05:19 PM »
Ok I understand the need for halting RP at a moment like that...and it was poorly written, should have implied my desire/preperation to do that action rather then saying it was done.

However I need a bit of help understanding the math so that I fully understand.

Control was the intent... my skill level 4
Mind was the base, again my skill level 4

intent/base/time for this was 2/2/5

Based on every 5 points = 1 shift, 7 shifts indicates that the spell was (7x5) 35 levels higher then I should have been able to cast.  So what caused the level to be so high?

So I tried the same thing again with this below to see how many shifts it came up with.
2-2-1 = 0 shifts
2-2-2 = 2 shifts (2 shifts indicates that it was 10 levels higher then my ability?)

So what is the math for this?  Is there a number that I am missing at the start such as a base level for any spell?

Zakilevo

« Reply #172: October 22, 2011, 09:26:49 PM »
You don't have to do the math. Just go to the homepage and use parser. It will calculate it for you.

Anarki_Hunter

• Knight
  • Gra'd Arbitrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: October 24, 2011, 01:43:08 AM »
Humble beginnings...

A stout stick to balance the weight, the teen pushed it to the ground and heaved relief. Carefully lifting up his bag hung on his side, he placed it on the ground.

The shade below the tree brought him respite, he settled down for a rest.

i. Past years have not been kind, his foster father who cared and thought him the art of pottery had perished in a fire. Along with it, went up his home and part of himself, a scar to remember.

He picked up a twig which lay on the ground, then started cleaning the dirt which seeped in the gaps between his nails. Walking barefoot, had its tool.

Few minutes passed, then sunlight gleamed though obstructions and onto him, to kindle an ever so familiar burning sensation which pulsated though his body. His hair stood up and his only eye felt moist...

'So soon!' he whispered.

Turning towards the bag, he slid one of his hands into the bag feeling for the contents. 'only a few days worth'. Dragging the bag closer, he put his other hand to pulled out a rough ball of clay into view. With some effort, he made the ball into a layer, made one hole to the right, felt it over his face tapping it, left out a gap to the side of his cheeks to breath it and put it down.

He took one final look towards the sun to feel the burning sensation and placed the layer of clay back onto his face using Clay Mask as adhesive. Picking up a nail hung by his neck, he drew vertically elongated elliptical spiral and concentric patterns extending from peer hole which spilled out into the open.

i. The mask would hide his burned and ugly face, along with the ever shut eye to the left. Vision lost to bare witness into the core of the unnatural fire which raged that day...which consumed everything he held dear, including a part of himself.

i. As weeks progressed he had began to feel an affinity to earthly passion, the earth began to randomly heed some call...a special call.

tapping the dust off his stick, he wore his weight by the shoulders and began to walk.

The day grew more respite, as he walked down the harbor when a rare excitement greeted him. A man kicked open a mow door ready to jump from his reality, for what reason he cared little.

spontaneous magic (Control/Mind - 2-2-5) (7 shifts)

And then he was off, flinging open the door and ready to jump.

..He just had to see..

Rubbing the soles of his feet on the face of the other, he kicked dirt and made way towards the building. He wasn't sure what imbued more curiosity, but someone in the air twitched his mind towards it. A sense of similarity or familiarity, yet recognition unknown.

Donning the clay mask, he tapped the ground with his stick and looked up at the man barely clothed.

---
OOC:

1.33 concentration expended
1.33 energy expended
1 XP in Change gained
1 XP in Earth gained

(Wanted to jump in, I thought this was a good moment!).

Zakilevo

« Reply #174: October 24, 2011, 03:51:26 AM »
(24)

Astalos fell asleep for a couple hours but he woke up when a breeze of air tickled his nose.
The alter in the middle of the room was shattered when the book was destroyed by the ritual.
The runic words which filled the room turned into rubble as the walls collapsed.

Astalos found a way out between the walls and grabbed fainted Saniel to escape the fortress.
After walking for three hours, they have arrived by the entrance where Astalos fought the guardian before entering the building. The guardian was still standing outside where Astalos first encountered it.

Astalos put Saniel by the door and walked out to deal with the guardian. Saniel was safe as long as he was in the fortress. He probably knew another way in as he did not confront  the guardian directly. As he walked closer the the guardian, Astalos realized there was something wrong with the guardian. The source of the energy which fueled the guardian was the book. When Astalos destroyed the book, the guardian also stopped carrying out its duty. It has finally achieved its freedom after years of guarding the book.

When Astalos pushed the helmet of the guardian, it fell down like any standing suit of armor. It was nothing more than an ordinary armor with magic repelling runes.

"This would come in handy when I meet the templars next time."

The only thing Astalos had to do to activate the armor was feeding the runes with his magic energy. Of course, he had to study the runes for now to see what kind of magic the armor had. Astalos disassembled the armor and put it in his bag and left the fortress, walking toward the other side of the island looking for another village without an inquisitor.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: October 25, 2011, 08:16:11 AM »
Ansellus ravaged a meal- a roast chicken with sauce- wondering at the commotion he had heard downstairs in the inn the previous day, as well as the violence the gossipers talked about which had spilled into the town proper. Apparently some inquisitors and a priest, not to mention a boatload of templars, had made it their business to persecute some poor fellows for a few tricks.

Ansellus had begun to grow used to the relative freedom of the colonies. Having spent most of his life in the south, with a family of templars, no less, had made him paranoid. Being able to cast magic without too much chagrin had been like a wish come true, and now these damned holy men had come to ruin his fun.
Finishing the meal, hard won with the few silvers Ansellus had managed to gamble for himself, Ansellus dusted himself off, and stepped downstairs. The innkeeper looked up at him, with a few more bruises than Ansellus last remembered. Perhaps he had been involved?

"Ansellus, I want my silv-"

Ansellus cut him off with a quick Distracting Buzz, stepping outside into the fresh evening before he could gain his focus again.

He took a deep breath, breathing in the salty sea air, as he wondered what the afternoon would bring him.

-------------------
2.00 concentration expended
1.33 energy expended
2 XP in Harm gained
1 XP in Mind gained
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:47:12 AM by Slapsticks »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

cwalen

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: October 27, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
Looking round at the unfamiliar scenery here in the colonies, he managed to slip his boot perfectly under the tree root. Landing  heavily he only spared a moment, checking he was alone out of habit, before let the power flow through his hands, checking if there was anything beyond the pain in his ankle that he should be paying attention to.

spontaneous magic (Perceive/Body - 2-1-1) (1 shift)

1.00 concentration expended
    1.00 energy expended
    1 XP in Perceive gained
    1 XP in Body gained

Zakilevo

« Reply #177: October 27, 2011, 06:21:55 PM »
cwalen. So what are you trying to achieve with the spontaneous magic? Are you trying to feel  what happened to other parts of your body?

cwalen

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: October 28, 2011, 04:52:15 AM »
Zakilevo, I was combining a little powergaming to gain all the experience I knew how, with developing a story line of the sort of things a Southerner new to the colonies might explore his new found freedom to actually practice magic.

The effect Boris was hoping for was to be able to have a moment of perception as to any damage to his foot and ankle.

If he had sound knowledge of first aid, he could just roll the foot a bit to check.

Noticing that his boot was torn, he waves his hands over the tear mumbling a few soft phrases.

Cantrip of Mending

1.00 concentration expended
    2.00 energy expended
    1 XP in Heal gained
    2 XP in Earth gained

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: October 28, 2011, 06:04:35 AM »
Looking round at the unfamiliar scenery here in the colonies, he managed to slip his boot perfectly under the tree root. Landing  heavily he only spared a moment, checking he was alone out of habit, before let the power flow through his hands, checking if there was anything beyond the pain in his ankle that he should be paying attention to.

Shifted to (Perceive/Body - 1-2-1)
The spell shifted over Boris' whole body, not detecting anything extremely obvious or life-threatening. It seemed like Boris was in the clear, though that ankle still ached a lot.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre