Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 84984 times)

Lucian Amell

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #180: October 28, 2011, 10:04:50 AM »
Lucian wakes up in his room in the local inn. Because he was so tired last night he missed all the commotion about the battle near the docks. The moment he was planning on stepping out of bed he hear two voices on the other side of his door. Slowly he walked to the door and tried to hear what the men on the other side were talking about.

"Did you see that battle near the docks last night?", one man said.
"Yes I did not know there was a caster in our town. He must have been on one of those stranded ships", the other man replied.

Lucian immediately stopped listening to the conversation. An other caster in the same town as him, that was an opportunity he couldn't ignore. Since the day Lucian knew he was a spellcaster he only had the pleasure of meeting an other caster once. Unfortunately was this caster unable to teach him much. That left Lucian with only a handful of weak spells and spontaneous magic to rely on. Perhaps could this other caster help him become stronger.

It was quickly decided that there was no other objective today than to find this man. However for Lucian decided to leave his room he wanted to finish his morning training. He walked to the table that was standing in the corner of the room. On the table was a small candle. He held his hand above the candle and tried to light it.

spontaneous magic (Create/Fire - 2-1-1) (1 shift)

OOC:
Completing these actions would result in the following changes:
1.00 concentration expended
1.00 energy expended
1 XP in Create gained
1 XP in Fire gained

Anarki_Hunter

• Knight
  • Gra'd Arbitrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: October 28, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »
It was quickly decided that there was no other objective today than to find this man. However for Lucian decided to leave his room he wanted to finish his morning training. He walked to the table that was standing in the corner of the room. On the table was a small candle. He held his hand above the candle and tried to light it.

spontaneous magic (Create/Fire - 2-1-1) (1 shift)

A spark of fire flew between the palm lines of the hand, accompanied by the sound of a finger nail hitting metal. And then the erratic line of thin fire instantly expanded into an ominous ball of light about the size of Lucian's open palm.

Illusion of a fire burned brightly within the ball, but it cast no light or shadow outside it's boundaries. It lay floating in the air below the caster's hand and above the candle, the ball of light could be moved if the caster wished and it would last about a minute or so.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:14:14 PM by Anarki_Hunter »

Zakilevo

« Reply #182: October 28, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
Anarki_Hunter.

Either you have to shift 2-1-1 to 1-1-2 or the fire won't last. It has duration of 1 which means it won't even last a second.

Anarki_Hunter

• Knight
  • Gra'd Arbitrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: October 28, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »
OOC

Anarki_Hunter.

Either you have to shift 2-1-1 to 1-1-2 or the fire won't last. It has duration of 1 which means it won't even last a second.

Yes of course, you are absolutely right.

I just didn't feel like breaking immersion, with numericals and hence rp'ed as 'Illusion' (Effect:1) and the spell would last a 'Minute' (Duration: 2). I shall make sure that I definitely mention the numbers next time, thanks for correcting me. (It will be informative if we mentioned how the spell shifted)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #184: October 28, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
It can't be an illusion if it's a Create/Fire spell. It will create fire.

People - we want spontaneous magic to actually be used. Especially with few shifts, it should still do close to what it should. Especially since shifts can not change the Base or Intent. A Create/Fire spontaneous magic will always create fire, it will never do something entirely different - though it can (through discharges) do something additional.

Anarki_Hunter

• Knight
  • Gra'd Arbitrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: October 28, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »
OOC

It can't be an illusion if it's a Create/Fire spell. It will create fire.

People - we want spontaneous magic to actually be used. Especially with few shifts, it should still do close to what it should. Especially since shifts can not change the Base or Intent. A Create/Fire spontaneous magic will always create fire, it will never do something entirely different - though it can (through discharges) do something additional.

Got off on the wrong foot again, I actually wanted to mention 'Illusion' (Effect:1)..."Effect: cosmetic effect with no real consequences for the target" (Effect:1).

Zakilevo

« Reply #186: October 29, 2011, 12:20:22 AM »
OOC

Got off on the wrong foot again, I actually wanted to mention 'Illusion' (Effect:1)..."Effect: cosmetic effect with no real consequences for the target" (Effect:1).

You could have said the spell fizzled and did not do much interesting. Or a tiny burst of fire which died in a split second.

cwalen

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: November 01, 2011, 03:38:51 AM »
Unable to repress his paranoia, Boris looks round for some eyes to add to his own. First he finds a rabbit moving down the track.
Vermin Spy

Completing these actions has resulted in the following changes:

2.00 concentration expended
    2.00 energy expended
    2 XP in Perceive gained
    2 XP in Mind gained

Then he turns his attention to a Finch overhead.

Vermin Spy

2.00 concentration expended
    2.00 energy expended
    2 XP in Perceive gained
    2 XP in Mind gained

Thinking himself unobserved and knowing that the tear in his boot was the least of his problems, Boris considers what he has learned and focuses his energy again.

spontaneous magic (Heal/Body - 2-1-4) (2 shifts)

2.67 energy expended
    1 XP in Heal gained
    2 XP in Body gained.

Leaning back against a tree, he hopes that the magic works as he intended it to relieving the pain and bringing his ankle back to full strength.

< perhaps a duration of 3 would be more appropriate, oh and I should have used natures mending, rather than the cantrip of repair to fix a leather boot, so please read, tear, as a bent metal buckle.>
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:45:28 AM by cwalen »

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: November 01, 2011, 06:04:40 AM »
A figure high and thin could be seen by people who went near the coast. The figure seemed to dance, but there was no music to be heard. Moving quickly hands and feet, whispering words incomprehensible, the figure started a circular movement of the body, at the same time as the hands that were on the side of the body move up over the head, such as a tornado, accompanying the body in its circular movement until it stops suddenly.

The figure laugh loudly seeing the shield of air around her body.

Lor's cyclone shelter would be a good name if I could ever reproduce it again, she thought.

spontaneous magic (Protect/Air - 2-1-2) (1 shift)

(Completing these actions has resulted in the following changes:
4.00 energy expended
1 XP in Protect gained
4 XP in Air gained)

(OOC: I am not exactly sure how to do this, but I am excited on trying it)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Zakilevo

« Reply #189: November 01, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »

Thinking himself unobserved and knowing that the tear in his boot was the least of his problems, Boris considers what he has learned and focuses his energy again.

spontaneous magic (Heal/Body - 2-1-4) (2 shifts)

Leaning back against a tree, he hopes that the magic works as he intended it to relieving the pain and bringing his ankle back to full strength.

Shifted to Heal/Body - 3-2-2

The magic not only healed his ankle but it also rejuvenated his body but for a minute, the magic caused an intense pain which almost made him faint.

Zakilevo

« Reply #190: November 01, 2011, 06:42:31 AM »

The figure laugh loudly seeing the shield of air around her body.

Lor's cyclone shelter would be a good name if I could ever reproduce it again, she thought.

spontaneous magic (Protect/Air - 2-1-2) (1 shift)

Shifted to Protect/Air - 1-2-2

The magic created a dome of air around the figure for a couple seconds but soon faded.

Zakilevo

« Reply #191: November 01, 2011, 09:58:20 PM »
(25)

The sunset came rather quicker than Astalos expected. The night came before Astalos even had a chance to leave the forest. He managed to find a cave before the sun went down but it was already occupied by a hostile being - a wild bear.

The bear was bigger than the ones he has seen in the south. It was at least 4 meters tall when it stood up and three meters wide. When it charged toward him, he quickly casted Blinding Light.

The spell confused the bear by blinding it. While the bear was suffering from the spells, Astalos casted the next set of spells, Flea pact and Ice Spear.

The bear recovered from the blindness a bit quicker than Astalos anticipated as it was some what resistant to magic. But the ice spear was not affected by such thing as it pierced the side of the bear. While the bear was roaring in pain. Astalos quickly apporached bear with Air Shield. It tried to hit Astalos but the shield managed to deflect the first attack. Astalos saw the opportunity he sought and touched the bear's arm with Blood Bomb.

The bear screamed as it started to bleed from the every hole in its body.

Astalos casted Ignite to incinerate the dead bear and entered the cave.

Lucian Amell

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: November 03, 2011, 02:44:18 PM »
Disappointed that his magic failed Lucian waited till the fireball in his palm disappeared. He decided not to do it again as he had to hurry if he wanted to find the other caster that was seen in town. As quickly as his legs would allow him he ran to the docks to check out the battle site.

When he finally arrived at the battle site Lucian could only see a few guards who were cleaning up the mess of last night. It was stupid of Lucian to think he could finally find someone who was able to teach him some real magic. Disappointed he walked towards the town gate and left for the forest. Lucian knew he had to become stronger if he was planning on surviving in a world full of people who hate casters. Perhaps the forest would give him a good opportunity to train his skills.

He was only a few hundred meters away from his usual training spot when he heard a howl behind him. Quickly he turned around and saw a wolf standing behind him.

"Well, I was thinking of training alone today, but if you insist I'll try out my harm magic on you", Lucian said against the wolf with a little smile on his face.

He raised his left hand and pointed towards the wolf while attempting to hit the wolf with the strongest fire magic he could control.

spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 3-1-1) (1 shift)

Completing these actions would result in the following changes:
1.50 concentration expended
0.75 energy expended
1 XP in Harm gained

Zakilevo

« Reply #193: November 03, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »

spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 3-1-1) (1 shift)

Shifted to 2-2-1

The magic engulfed the wolf in flames. It burnt the wolf's fur but did not kill it.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: November 04, 2011, 04:31:50 AM »
So how does this work then?  I posted, someone else posted also but did not help to handle the magic that I had done.... so we are now both waiting until someone else posts to interact with us or shall we assume all worked well and we move on?

While this is more difficult in this one big thread...how are lost threads going to be prevented in the future?