Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 85802 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #195: November 04, 2011, 04:37:54 AM »
If no one posted, just say things worked out as you planned. It is a testing thread after all :)

Anarki_Hunter

• Knight
  • Gra'd Arbitrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: November 04, 2011, 07:08:25 AM »
OOC

Yeah, I am taking notes of how 'Zakilevo' is punching out interactions.
So far I feel hes -> 8) with magic interactions and effects.

---

As for the lost threads posts which are part of RP...currently I am thinking on the lines that its an interaction taking place in a time bubble/duration further forward of the *then* time line against relative RP going around..

'Lucian', 'miriam ics' and 'Astalos' for all that matter might be a bit around, anyone can walk in to the current act if they would like to join in.

Reference for RP:
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1254.msg30511.html#msg30511

I punched in the after a following posts, trying to connect to 'Valast's RP, (as I was unsure how to join in)..hoping for some interaction.

Anyways - Come on now, theres a barefoot character waiting in a weird clay mask down on the ground looking up towards the mow door.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:45:35 AM by Anarki_Hunter »

Zakilevo

« Reply #197: November 04, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »
When joining other people's RP, make sure you give the other person a chance to respond as well. Discussing with the person you are interacting with wouldn't be too bad. If the person you are involved with does not respond for a certain time, you can try to get around or break away from the story line.

Filador

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: November 06, 2011, 06:08:14 PM »
Jovyl awoke, unsure of where he was, or why he was there. He saw that he was in a small room, on a simple sleeping palate. His clothes were in a rumpled heap in the corner. There was no window, but light shone through the cracks of the wooden construction, suggesting that it was daytime. A dim lamp resting on a small table provided a little more illumination. Jovyl sat up abruptly, and his vision spun. A little more carefully, he laboriously dragged himself to his feet. After adjusting to being fully upright, he set about dressing himself. He nearly fell on his face when he tried to balance on one leg to put his pants on, but managed to stay standing. Once he was fully clothed, sporting simple black pants and a tunic, and a dark blue robe with silver accents, he cast Fresh Clean Feeling on himself, to wash out he-didn't-know-how-many hours worth of morning breath. He found his way out of the room, and discovered that he was in a small inn that he did not recognize as being near to his home. The innkeeper seemed unperturbed by his presence, and Jovyl began to ask for some food when he realized that he had no money. Jovyl sighed and wondered where this inn was, and how he was going to manage to get home.

Completing these actions has resulted in the following changes:

2.00 concentration expended
    2.00 energy expended
    2 XP in Heal gained
    2 XP in Water gained

Zakilevo

« Reply #199: November 06, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
Everyone.

You do not have to post how much exp you received from using your spells. We only did this because Tom wanted to see something to adjust things. He has already done it so if you do not want to, you do not have to add your exp info.

Anarki_Hunter

• Knight
  • Gra'd Arbitrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: November 06, 2011, 07:42:34 PM »
OOC

Everyone.

You do not have to post how much exp you received from using your spells. We only did this because Tom wanted to see something to adjust things. He has already done it so if you do not want to, you do not have to add your exp info.

I do not know whats the final implementation, but I think it would be good to see atleast how much energy and concentrations the casters expend.

Zakilevo

« Reply #201: November 06, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
OOC

I do not know whats the final implementation, but I think it would be good to see atleast how much energy and concentrations the casters expend.

Nothing is final really. The biggest problem this game is facing at the moment is, regenerating energy/concentration during battles. As you all well know not everyone can respond to other's RP every day. I will stop here since this is not a discussion thread.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: November 06, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »
It had been nearly a day since his battle with the Inquisitor.  He had been exhausted, his energies completely spent.  Fishing out a trinket from the depths of his robes Dynamis fingered it for a time.  Fragmenting his power was not always advisable, but in his many years he had come to think of it as being necessary.

Now however, it was time to deal with the Inquisitor once and for all.  The northern marches did not need their ilk.  Walking towards the wharf he flipped to a well worn page in his small book.  Yes, there it was.  This spell will do quite nicely.  The ship of the Inquistor sat silent in the harbor.  With a grim smile Dynamis began to incant the spell.   Summon - Dynamis' Primal Beast.

The beast slowly formed in a wreathed mist of raw spiritual energies.  The laws of magic had changed some, but Dynamis was confident the Beasts' protection would last.  To be certain he cast Lesser Mind Shield upon it, to give it shielding.  Its raw bulk would protect it from mundane attacks.  Gazing into its fierce eyes, Dynamis gave it a simple thought/command.  "Destroy them all!"  The beast looked at the ship, then at the chain which anchored it to the sea-bed.  Slowly it marched out into the depths of the cold water.  In time Dynamis saw it start to climb the anchor's chain.  The ship leaned heavily under the Beasts' bulk.  The crew looked over the edge of the ship and began to raise an alarm.  Tiny pin-pricks on the deck Dynamis smiled grimly.  This would end quickly.  Of that he would make certain.

Turning to another well worn page he held out his hand and quickly clenched it unleashing the fury of  Conflagration upon the ship's deck.  The men from the torso up, the tops of the railings, the mast all of it erupted in a huge gout of flame, a fine ash quickly spreading through the air.  Dynamis had been careful to make sure the anchor's moorings to the ship were left unharmed.  The tops of the mast came crashing down into the deck slamming into the stump that was its former base.  It teeters for a moment before it comes crashing to the deck.  The Beast has arrived now.  Fearsome it stalks the deck looking for anyone bounding up a gang-way.

Zakilevo

« Reply #203: November 06, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
(26)

After spending a night in the cave, Astalos walked around the forest, looking for a village to stay. He remembered someone talking about a small village within the forest. Thankfully, it turned out to be true and he soon found a tiny village built on top of a small clearing of this huge forest covering the most of the island. The village was of course not as prosperous and big as the port town he first arrived but it looked quiet and peaceful at least. This means no templars or inquisitors. He walked along the wooden fence built around the village. After a few minutes of walking, he met a young villager with a spear, possible a gatekeeper of the village. The man also noticed approaching Astalos and opened his mouth first.

“Who are you? Are you one of the port folks?”

“You can say that I guess. I got lost in the forest.”

“Tsk… You are a brave man. I will give you that much. Or crazy enough to enter this blasted forest. You are lucky to be alive.”

“I think so too. I haven’t slept well for the past two days.”

“At least you did not encounter any monsters. Those beasts can even threaten our villagers and we have lived here for generations. When you enter the village, visit the elder. His house is the biggest in the village so it should not be a problem for him to lend a room for a lost stranger.”

“I will do that, thank you.”

Zakilevo

« Reply #204: November 08, 2011, 07:46:27 AM »
 (27)

Through the gate, Astalos entered the village with about thirty houses. The elder’s house and most of the big buildings were located around the center of the village while smaller houses were close to the wooden fence. Astalos walked toward the elder’s house. Little children from the village watched him with curious eyes. He soon arrived in front of the elder’s house. He knocked on a simple but solid wooden door to check if anyone was inside.

“Hello? Anyone inside?”

“Who is it?”

“I am a traveller looking for a place to stay for a couple days. The gatekeeper told me to visit this house.”

After a few seconds of silence, the door opened. Through the opened door, an old man appeared. The years have curved the back of the old man but his eyes were as clear as those of a young child. The elder moved aside from the door to let Astalos enter the house. As he entered, he heard the elder shutting the door behind him. The elder pointed his finger at a wooden tea table. As they both sat around the table, the elder opened his mouth.

“So, you are a traveller. You must have come from the port town. It was brave of you to walk through the forest.”

“Yes. I never realized the danger. I was chased by a bear for the past two days. I couldn’t even sleep properly.”

“Oh. You got lucky with the bear. The bears in the forest are somewhat persistent when it comes down to chasing after their prey. You must be tired from running for two days. Pick any room on the second floor. They are all for guests and are exactly the same. You can tell me your stories tomorrow.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“My name is Kurom. The villagers just call me ‘elder’ so you can call me that too if you want.”

“They call me Astalos.”

Halden

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: November 08, 2011, 11:24:19 AM »
ooc- Tried to 'verify input' through the parser, but it just gave me an error message. Help?

Zakilevo

« Reply #206: November 08, 2011, 04:00:03 PM »
You need to prepare a ritual. You can't use it like a spell. Try using spontaneous magic instead.

Halden

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: November 08, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »
Thanks man. How 'bout this?

(Rather than read 14 pages of RP, I'm just gonna start out where Tom left it open. I'll try to jump in, but this one may have some time lag.)

It was raining again, as it often did in the port city. He didn't mind the rain, but gods above did he hate the sea, and all the sailing that came with it. Not that his stomach protested, but rather, something about being anyway that far from solid ground, well, he didn't trust it all too much. Mahrstadt was a main thoroughfare between the north and the south. It wasn't exactly a place that too many people stayed for too long. Most of the 5000 inhabitants had settled down and found work tending to the others that were passing through themselves. Halden himself didn't plan on staying long, but due to the storm, it didn't seem he had much choice either. He was on his way south. That's where the money was, not to mention any hope of finding an organized force to serve with. Lucky for him, he had made an arrangement with the ship's captain. Twice the fare up front in furs, granted they arrived in two weeks, two days longer than the voyage usually takes anyway. Then 10 silver back every day they were late. Call it paranoia, or insurance that the man get him there safe and in one piece. The captain had laughed at him at the time, and gladly took the goods, but now due to the storm, it looked like he would have free passage.

Might as well enjoy the colonies.

Most of the other stranded passengers, from his ship or others were markedly upset at the delay. Halden hadn't planned on spending any time in the Colonies, but now, given the opportunity, and not knowing when he'd have the chance again, it didn't take him long to find the adventure in it.

There was a pub nearby the docks. A regular stop for the sailors on their way through. Before they docked, he had talked with a few of them, and they had asked him to join them for a drink. Leave it to a sailor; in the middle of a storm, the sails whipped around, the rigging ready to snap, and the hull being tossed in the ocean like a child in a mother's arms to only think of the next bit of rum. Well, Halden could do little but accept. He was a man of the north. Tall, six feet even, strong, and pale skin. He had done a fair bit of drinking in the cold nights of winter in the longhouses and bailies of the northern lords. (They called themselves lords, but in truth, they were more just warlords or tribal chiefs.) He would just have to see how these southern seamen hold up.

"So you want to be a soldier, eh boyo?" The man called Thomas was a quick friend to Halden on the ship, though he seemed a quick friend to any he met, especially if drinking was involved. He hair was scraggly and grey, though he couldn't have yet been forty, and his teeth were only mostly intact.

"I'd like to lead them, if that's what you mean." There were about ten of them making their way to the pub, Halden included. It was hard to tell, because one man or another kept getting pulled off the rest by a flirty wench, trying to make the night's wage. Halden could see the whores kept a close eye on the ship, and when one came in, they'd go straight to work. This storm more like than not was good for business.

"Oh I'm sure you would, and I'm sure you could. You seem the man I'd follow."

"Thomas, you'd follow any man as long as there's drink to be had."

A short guffaw with a half-toothy smile made the man look older than he was. "Guess that's why I work for the captain I do I'd say."

By the time they got the bar, five of them were left. The others off to alleys or brothels or other parts of the city to spend their pay. The remaining party sat at a table in the corner of the room while Wil, another of the men, went to the bar to get a round of drinks.

Betting and dice was more his brother's style, but Halden just liked a good drinking game, and the sailors were only too eager to test his endurance. Halden had learned a few tricks though on how to cleanse his system, or at least accelerate it. It took a while to concentrate and perform the technique, but then again, you were drinking over hours. spontaneous magic (Change/Body - 1-2-1) (1 shift)

After a while, it became amusing to Halden, watching the sailors begin to slur and stumble. All the while, maintaining himself. A great deal of fun and a good deal of laughing was had, and at the end of it, his stamina impressed them enough that they started calling him 'Man of Stone' in their southern dialect. It wasn't long after that that Halden began to feel an itch to do something. No direction, just an urge. Well enough, the sailors seemed spent as they were. He reached into his pocket and gathered a few coins to leave on the table, not stopping to count exactly. With a man leaning on each of his arms, he began his way back to the ship.

First Mate Jones was the first to spot him on his return trip. Jones was half-sitting, half kneeling on the rail of the ship, smoking his pipe and looking omniscient. Halden thought he was a bit of a damp canvas when it came to a good time, but he was loyal and did his job well. Views he most likely got from his sailor friend.

Halden called up to the man, "Do you mind if I deposit these here," as he gestured toward his friends, "haven't the coin to put them up myself."

"As long as they won't mind my asking them to do a few chores in the morning. We might not be sailing on the morrow, but there's still work to be done."

"Yes yes, sail to sew and rope to splice and all that." As Halden said this he slowly let down those of his friends leaning on him, and they stumbled clumsily up the ramp.

"And where will you be staying tonight sir?"

"I'm off to see the island Jones, I'll be back before you sail."

And with that, Halden set off once more towards the city. It was late. Coming on midnight now, though the town was hardly asleep. With all the business done, the whole place was pretty well lit. When he inquired a shop keeper about the late hours, he got the response that should have been obvious.

"This storm has brought all the ships into port. There's a few hundred sailors and passengers alike now traveling through here. Best time for business I ever did see. And it's not like there the types who're unfamil'r with the nightlife, eh? My nephew will take over for me when I go to sleep, and we'll keep the shop open all night. Just good business."

He made his way down the streets, poking his head in and out of shops, briefly examining their wares. It probably wasn't hard to tell he wasn't a local. Cloth was plentiful in the Colonies, and made up most everything. Clothing was all cloth, vendors used it for makeshift shops, buildings had them for doors. Cotton and flax were in great supply both on the mainland and the island itself. So Halden's own leather vest under a chainmail shirt stood in stark contrast. Day or night, he could be seen wearing it. He had even slept in it on occasion. Habit of the north: it's not like you take too many clothes off. He had left his breastplate on the ship, having removed it when boarding. Something about platemail just isn't conducive to sailing. A hand-and-a-half blade adorned his back, and though he got a few uncomfortable stares because of it, especially when entering a shop. As long as he kept it well away in it's sheath, he didn't get much trouble though. Finally, he came by a place that was selling something interesting. A hunting shop. It was a simple building, sharing walls with its neighboring buildings. The shop itself was a single room with a closet and a staircase, leading up to the shopkeepers house, a style largely common in the South. Here in the Colonies though, it was more like a tent on top of a shed.

Much of the island was still unsettled wilderness, and so hunting and trapping was still valid business. Coming from the north, Halden was especially experienced in this trade. He looked at the walls only a moment before pulling down what he needed from the hooks it hung from. Rope, canvas, string, a small knife, a deerskin pouch, and a quiver of arrows. The shopkeep watched him lazily as he gathered the things, sitting in a chair in the corner by a small brazier. A desk next to him.

"That it?" The shopkeep said, obviously growing tired from the long hours.

"Actually, could you help me with something else," Halden replied.

"That was my next question." The comment came of sarcastic, although most likely unintended.

"Flint?"

"Sure thing." As he reached nimbly into his desk and dropped a small piece of black rock on top of it.

"What about a bow, this is a hunting shop after all."

"Well I don't keep them on display, if that's what your asking." The shopkeep got to his feet for the first time and walked to the nearby closet, opening it and turning to Halden, asking,
"You have any particular preference?"

"Not as long as it get's the job done."

"Fair enough." And the shopkeeper tenderly lifted out a wooden shortbow and a bit of string.
"Want me to string it for you."

"Won't be using it that soon." And he took both the bow and the string from the man, and set them on the desk. From his own pocket, he then drew out a few small chunks of what looked like glowing brown balls. He held out three with one hand for the shopkeeper to see.
"Polished amber, from the North."

The vendor's eyes did in fact brighten, but he followed up with, "That's very nice, but you won't be getting off that easy."

"I'm not one to haggle," Halden replied tersely, and he placed two more in the extended and and then placed all five in the palm of the shopkeep. He didn't protest.

Halden laid out the canvas on the floor of the shop and began to place his purchases inside. Save for the rope, he rolled the whole bunch up, the rope he then weaved in and out each end of the canvas roll to make a makeshift pack. He threw it over one shoulder, hatlessly doffed the shopkeep, who smiled minimally back at him, and then made his way to the woods.

Halden didn't see any animals, and only sparsely was able to find their tracks, but then again, he wasn't really looking. It was just good to be outside on the hunt, and with solid ground beneath him. He found a nice clearing and decided to call it a night. He knelt down, and with his flint in hand, began to make a fire. spontaneous magic (Create/Fire - 1-1-3) (1 shift) He always had a natural knack for it, unsure exactly why. His father had told him that he was empowered with a gift at birth. But of course, being the son of the master-at-arms was a gift in itself. We warmed himself briefly, but it took no great while before he had layed himself on the ground and threw the canvas over him.

A Dream, but too real. Smoke. Hard to see. A village. Snow? Not the North. Thick with smoke. Hard to breathe. Water nearby. Can hear it. Closer now, village too. A river, with huts. Not alone. Soldiers. Clinking of metal. Can hear it, but too hard to see. "Sir." They know me. My soldiers. What village? Where's the smoke coming, ... around. Others. In rags. Hard to smell. By the river. Flashes. "Sir!" Screams. The river isn't water. Look up. Red. Forest is red, river is red, village is red.

Halden jolted up. For a moment he couldn't even see. He only felt. A cold sweat over a hot body. He was breathing frantically, his body coursing with energy, and his mind, out of control. spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 3-3-1) (3 shifts)

(Well, that's spontaneous fire magic, so I guess I'll let someone else RP the effect. Have fun. :-) )

Zakilevo

« Reply #208: November 08, 2011, 10:18:32 PM »
Oh forgot to mention sorry...
You have to wait after using a spontaneous magic. You can't continue writing after using it lol. And to use a spontaneous magic, you need to also mention what you are expecting the magic to do but it is other people's job to decide how the shifts will alter the strength and the duration of the magic.

It is best to use spells really. Since there is no factor which will affect it like rituals or spontaneous spells.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:12:07 AM by Zakilevo »

Halden

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: November 09, 2011, 04:30:34 AM »
Yes, spells are definitely preferable, but you really can't learn any until after a week of playing. You simply don't have the XP available. Sort of limits the things you can cast in an RP. I'm really trying to come up with really simple spells. Like between power 1 and 4.