Author Topic: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE  (Read 85739 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Test Roleplaying Thread - JOIN IN HERE
« Reply #210: November 09, 2011, 04:44:38 AM »
Yes, spells are definitely preferable, but you really can't learn any until after a week of playing. You simply don't have the XP available. Sort of limits the things you can cast in an RP. I'm really trying to come up with really simple spells. Like between power 1 and 4.

Did you try the link for the spell starter pack? That should give you at least some starting spells.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #211: November 09, 2011, 04:51:45 AM »
Did you try the link for the spell starter pack? That should give you at least some starting spells.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1477.0.html

The spell starting pack.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: November 09, 2011, 05:03:18 AM »
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1477.0.html

The spell starting pack.

I was thinking about the link you get on your spell page in the game. Mind you since I intend on my character being a Shaman who has not yet learnt the knack of spells I haven't tried to use it.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Halden

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: November 09, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »
Well that's all well and good, but these all seem to be pretty combat oriented, none of which I've had cause to use yet. If you look at what the spells in my RP have been trying to accomplish, it's just been mundane tasks aided by the use of magic. Something any amateur magician is surely familiar with. Essentially you're casting spells that can help you with chores, and little else. I doubt a new learner of magic is overeager to try and test his lack of skill and confidence against real targets, much the reason why initial roleplays are important, developing the character and his story before we paradrop him onto the front lines.

And I'm with De-Legro on this one. Halden honestly doesn't know he is capable of magic use just yet. I tried to convey that in the RP. Unsure if I accomplished it. Had I the spells, I certainly would have used them. But using spontaneous magic wasn't the initial plan on the first write through (why else would I use it to simply light a fire). I guess that's why this Test Thread is here, so we can work that stuff out. In any case, I really do need someone to do an explanation of what fiery mess awaits him when he wakes up.

Zakilevo

« Reply #214: November 09, 2011, 06:48:45 AM »
Uhh so many spontaneous spells without stopping the story... I will just respond to the last one.
Halden jolted up. For a moment he couldn't even see. He only felt. A cold sweat over a hot body. He was breathing frantically, his body coursing with energy, and his mind, out of control. spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 3-3-1) (3 shifts)

Shifted to 2-1-4. The magic set his pants on fire, causing Halden to wake up from his dream.

Halden

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: November 20, 2011, 06:47:57 AM »
Halden was awoken violently from his sleep. He jolted up into a sitting position, but for a split second, was still not awake. His eyes were open but had not yet adjusted. For the shortest time, all he saw was a blinding light, and could only feel. The heat and sweat were both very real, though it seemed for the shortest time he was dreaming. He woke up from one Chaos and was thrown swiftly upon another. Flames! He felt, more than saw, and it was another moment before he discovered he was the source. From the time he opened his eyes until he was able to stand up and begin to beat his legs was only a few seconds. He grabbed his knife out of its belt pouch and cut the laces of his pants, stripped them off, and began to furiously beat the fire from them. Fortunately, leather just happens to be one of those things that doesn't burn all too well. He thought a moment about the cloth he saw everywhere in town, and then thought gratefully to himself that his was a northman. Animal skins are about all there is for clothing up in the snow and the woods. Even still, his pants from the thigh on down were blackened with holes melted through them, and the stink of burning hair and tanned flesh floated most univitingly in the air. He started to breathe again, slowly, forcing his control over his excitement and fear that still lingered. He looked down at his legs, which were patched with burnt hair and red rash-like burns. As the adrenaline left his body, he began to notice his wounds tangibly. He looked at the fire that he had made the night before, presumably the cause of the whole incident. Only smoldering embers, well away from where he was sleeping. His pulse was still high, and his heart was beating hard enough to feel it in his throat. His body, still covered with sweat, and now this soot of his wardrobe as well. He needed to calm down. He was not far from a stream, and so made his way there. It was easy enough to find. He had camped close to it after filling his waterskin the night before, and the moonlight reflecting off the water allowed for ample light. He leaned over and shimmied off his mail and tunic, his member casually swaying all the while between his bare legs, leaving him stark naked in the forest in the dead of night. As he stepped down the bank into the stream, the cold water made him flinch. But he walked in up to his thighs, as the water wasn’t much deeper than that. As the water touched his skin, it was as if it was shouting at his wounds, not letting him forget or ignore them. Again he tried to calm himself. Slow his breathing, relaxing his muscles. But his body wasn’t slowing. His heart still racing, sweat still perforating him like a rag being wrung out. It felt unnatural. An anxiety about nothing. He dropped down to his knees and plunged himself into the stream. As he rose, wiping the water from his face and hair, he noticed smoke…or rather steam, rising off his chest and abdomen. He felt his skin, but it was not overly hot. And at once it struck him. He doubled over, clutching a pain in his head as if struck by a rock, or a migraine that just appeared. He felt an energy coursing through him. Now even the water around his legs began to bubble up and hiss off mistily into the night. He did not know what force was overtaking him, but he surely wished to expel it from himself. He could not hold onto himself any longer. He only wished to release whatever was within him. He shouted mightily, and shook the night air, stretched out his arms as if to overtake the world, and just let go.

spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 3-3-1) (2 shifts)

Zakilevo

« Reply #216: November 20, 2011, 07:13:52 AM »
spontaneous magic (Harm/Fire - 3-3-1) (2 shifts)

Shifted to 2-2-3

A ring of flame appeared around Helden and exploded, burning things around him. The fire seemed to be strong enough to last at least an hour.

Zakilevo

« Reply #217: November 24, 2011, 02:50:53 AM »
(28)

Astalos unpacked his belongings in the closest room to the stairs. Armours he has taken from the guardian of the fortress made a noise as it was thrown in the corner of the room.

“Hmm… First things first. I need a new sword.”

He complained as he sat astride on a small bed. Ever since he lost his sword, he was carrying an empty scabbard around his waist. He could not go back to the port town because of the inquisitor so only thing he could do was make one himself. He got more than enough materials to make a sword from the guardian he has defeated.

Astalos opened his bag and took out every metal in his bag except for the chest plate of the guardian. When he gathered enough materials, he sat on the floor to start drawing something on the floor with his chalk. After three hours of writing and erasing, he stood up to stretch his back. With a satisfying smile he stared at a strange thing he drew on the floor. The drawing on the floor comprised many circles and mysterious letters from the fortress. Once he checked he did everything right, he grabbed the metals and put them on top of the drawing. The drawing looked similar to the one he drew in the fortress but the letters used for this particular circle seemed quite different.

“Should lock the door before I begin.”

As he sat on the floor, Astalos grabbed a tiny bottle from a pocket inside his cloths. With a clear mind, he remembered a line from a book he once read when he was only a child.

“Goddess Aphe, may thy glory reach over the fields of battle once again. May thee be praised once again.”

With a prayer, Astalos poured the contents of the bottle into the magic circle he drew. As the liquid touched the circle, the circle looked like it came to life and started to mix with the liquid. Soon all the letters and the circles became intertwined. It turned into a snake like creature and devoured the metals on top of it. It began to grow in size as it consumed the metals and when it was done, the snake coiled itself and turned into a solid metal sphere.

“Whew… Now, all I need to do is wait.”

a ritual (Create/Fire - 5-1-10)

2 Weeks, 21 Hours.

Zakilevo

« Reply #218: December 14, 2011, 02:49:05 AM »
(29)

Astalos observed the solid sphere for two weeks as runic words written on the floor slowly carved themselves on the surface of the sphere like earthworms crawling on top of a ball.

Now only the last couple words remained on the floor where Astalos drew the magic circle. The magic circle looked rather empty as most of the runic words which once filled the circle were gone.

When the last of the runic words carved itself on the sphere, all the runic words on it started to glow. Light emitting from the words was dimmed at the beginning but within minutes, the light became as bright as the sun in the sky. The sphere radiated for almost an hour before the light started to fade away.

When the light was gone, Astalos realized the sphere has been changed. The sphere was not solid anymore. It was slowly moving toward Astalos like one of those slime monsters living in the sewers of cities.

"Just like the legend. It was true after all. The followers of the goddess were spellcasters. Now, to finish what I have created..."

Astalos put his right hand on the sphere and after taking a deep breath, he pushed his hand into the sphere. His hand pushed the sphere against the floor as the sphere devoured his hand like a slime devouring a child. But unlike those monsters, the sphere was not big enough to swallow Astalos's entire arm. It stopped after swallowing up to the elbow. Astalos waited until the sphere completely stopped and once it did, he sang a chant to finish the ritual.

“Goddess Aphe of Summer,
The governor of the battlefield,
Who blesses the victors with glory,
Will illuminate thy path.

May thee be praised,
The vanquisher of her enemies.
Over the deads,
Over the horizon of death,
Thee have won the eternal victory.

Aestas, the Scorching Sword of Summer,
Shall reign over the world,
With the eternal glory."

As his voice echoed in the room, the sphere (it hardly looked like a sphere now) began to soak into his arm leaving only the runic words on his skin. When the chant ended, the sphere was no more. Only the words remained. But Astalos could still feel the sphere inside of his right arm. It felt like his bones have been turned into flames. Surprisingly, it did not cause any pain but he felt a certain eagerness to try out his new weapon. With a smile, he opened the window and jumped down.

Zakilevo

« Reply #219: December 20, 2011, 02:49:43 AM »
(30)

Like a dragon with a mouthful of fire before it unleashes its fiery despair, Astalos's right arm was holding the wrath of the scorching summer. Astalos could feel the storming power from the legend and the heat of the eternal fire from the sun itself. Two different but similar powers were swirling inside of his right arm. He did not expect the power of the artifact he has recreated to regain its power this quickly. He has realized it would be extremely danagerous, even suicidal to test something like this inside of the village. He walked toward the town gate with haste. As he approached the gate, his arm started to shake with pain. With the worsening pain, his legs began to move faster. He eventually ran to the gate with his full speed. When he reached the gate, the gatekeeper he met before he entered the village two weeks ago has noticed him.

"Hey. Where are you going?"

"I'll be back soon but I have to go for now."

"Wait! You shouldn't run that wa--"

The gatekeeper tried to tell something to Astalos as he ran past him but Astalos was so focused on his arm, he could not pay any attention to the gatekeeper. After a couple minutes of running, Astalos reached a glade far enough from the village. The pain was now unbearable. He immediately swung his arm toward trees around him. When he swung, waves of flame appeared which turned rocks into magma and trees to ashes. The flame was so intense, it heated the very air around Astalos which made it difficult to breath the air in as it became painful to breath. After releasing whatever the power which was in his arm, Astalos realized he destroyed almost everything around five meter radius around him.

"Whew... Didn't expect this much. But this isn't enough to achieve my revenge. The power is too damaging. It is burning me as well and it is too difficult to focus the power. With only one fragment of Aestas, I won't even be able to scratch Father."

The Scorching Sword of Summer, Aestas, was fragmented into five pieces. Each piece with a fraction of its full power. Aestus - Heat, Virtus - Valor, Lux - Light, Victoria - Victory, and Proelium - Battle. Each one symbolizing the domain of Aphe, the Goddess of Summer. Aestus granted its owner the power of all melting heat but it was uncontrollable without Lux. Lux had the ability shape the uncontrollable flame into different illuminating shapes. Virtus enchanted the owner with unbreakable will to withstand any emotion - usually despair and fear. Poelium rewarded the owner with aggression and will to fight. Victoria blessed its holder with the victorious outcome in a personal battle (meaning in a duel, the owner would win no matter what. But could still die from poison or in a combat with more than one person involved.). Only when the five fragments were all gathered by one person, the Scorching Sword of Summer was completed. Only with Aestas could Astalos hope to cleave his way through the cruel winter which surrounded his father. Aestas was his only hope open his path to his father for him to take his revenge.