Author Topic: Determining attacker-defender in a battle  (Read 1827 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Determining attacker-defender in a battle
« Topic Start: September 13, 2011, 10:07:04 PM »
I would rather post it here than to BugTracker, as I am unsure whether that is something that just needs fixing or story is wider.

Currently, on Atamara, we sent the army to enemy region, not a single our troop was present in the region, while several troops of realm who owns the region was there. How to imagine that in battle we appeared as defenders? I could not find any logic behind...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Determining attacker-defender in a battle
« Reply #1: September 13, 2011, 10:42:37 PM »
It's quirky sometimes, indeed. Recently in Pian en Luries, a horde attacked a region we had occupied for days, yet somehow the horde was the defending side, and dug in to boot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 14, 2011, 03:01:34 AM »
Without knowing the exact setup, including who was in who's realm, and the diplomacy, and where everyone was the turn before, and what their unit status was, etc., it's almost impossible to tell you anything with any certainty.

However, there is a fall-back for the combat script: If all else fails, the side with the larger force is the defender. That's probably what happened to you.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 14, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
i cannot swear to know all details behind, but it looked quite simple - two realms at war, one attacking the other, defending realm had troops in their own region before the attack, attacking party had no any troops there.

yes, we had a bit stronger force.

ah, it could be that none of defending forces were stationary before that attack, some troops were leaving the region, the others were incoming, though i cannot be sure.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 15, 2011, 04:32:23 AM »
i cannot swear to know all details behind, but it looked quite simple - two realms at war, one attacking the other, defending realm had troops in their own region before the attack, attacking party had no any troops there.

yes, we had a bit stronger force.

ah, it could be that none of defending forces were stationary before that attack, some troops were leaving the region, the others were incoming, though i cannot be sure.

Yes that would make all the difference, basically none of the defending forces had time to claim the battlefield and take up defensive positions.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.