Author Topic: Can I hide my ip adress.  (Read 4153 times)

Aldrich454

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Can I hide my ip adress.
« Topic Start: September 16, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
Hello guys, I have encounter a problem in some websites.. I just wanted to hide my IP address.. For my security reasons. Can you help me out in this problem. How can i hide my
IP address or number from other sites. What is the best tool to use it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Can I hide my ip adress.
« Reply #1: September 16, 2011, 02:40:57 PM »
Hello guys, I have encounter a problem in some websites.. I just wanted to hide my IP address.. For my security reasons. Can you help me out in this problem. How can i hide my
IP address or number from other sites. What is the best tool to use it.

Proxies. A great number of sites offer the service, just google it up. Proxies hide your IP by having you navigate via someone else's IP, in a way. Mind you, if it's not a trustworthy proxy site, they might be registering everything you transmit, such as passwords and such, afaik.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: September 16, 2011, 02:52:40 PM »
What kind of security do you expect from hiding your IP address?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 16, 2011, 03:22:45 PM »
Mind you, if it's not a trustworthy proxy site, they might be registering everything you transmit, such as passwords and such, afaik.

Depending on the country the proxy is in, I think they have to, don't they? Part of the wave of "omg, hackers use these things, ban/regulate them" thing.

There's nothing you can really do by hiding your IP address for security concerns. If someone is desperate to find you then they will - be it hackers or other governments. But as long as you're not doing something you shouldn't, you don't need to hide your IP.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 16, 2011, 05:51:41 PM »
Depending on the country the proxy is in, I think they have to, don't they? Part of the wave of "omg, hackers use these things, ban/regulate them" thing.

There's nothing you can really do by hiding your IP address for security concerns. If someone is desperate to find you then they will - be it hackers or other governments. But as long as you're not doing something you shouldn't, you don't need to hide your IP.

No clue, I don't have any reason to do it myself, so I never really informed myself on these things.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #5: September 16, 2011, 11:39:02 PM »
Depending on who's after you, something like Tor may be useful. Note that the CIA controls a lot of the Tor endpoints, so if its them you're scared of, don't bother.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 20, 2011, 12:25:50 PM »
i think hes just asking for a way to multi cheat without beeing seen... :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: September 20, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »

Pfft. IP addresses are 10% of what we look for in detecting multis. :-)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 20, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »