Author Topic: Exotic realm cultures  (Read 29794 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Exotic realm cultures
« Topic Start: March 08, 2011, 01:32:46 AM »
The first incarnation of Vice was pretty interesting, or at least, fairly different. Lots of festivals. Lots of silly RPs about orgies and all manner of other depravities and pleasures one could think of. When Religion was introduced, Vice founded Hedonism, which says it all really. It was a good place.

In Heen, a desert realm, they had a good crack at making the culture and styles more realistic to their position rather than continue to act like a typical European medieval realm which is what it had essentially been founded as. In came some delightful new titles and a re-imagining of Heen culture. All the brainchild of Martana Curs and it was a brilliant idea. Though later it was ruined by a lot of guff about being Celts and the Celtic Order by a few players there which just clashed horribly with the entire realm. I'd gone by the time of all that though. Maybe the players there made it work, but from afar it didn't look too good.

Also, I swear I read somewhere that when Beluaterra was originally formed, the realms in it had, or were supposed to have had an Eastern/Asian theme? Tell me I'm not making it up.