Author Topic: Aetheris Pyrism  (Read 35503 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Aetheris Pyrism
« Reply #15: September 19, 2011, 07:54:55 AM »
I'm speaking much more broadly here. I'm saying that the core philosophy of The Manifest Path doesn't really require it's potential followers to change much at all. I want a religion to be a handicap on the very way that you are allowed to discuss things.

Thats all I mean.

What an odd statement. You have based this of course on the observation of the behaviour of the membership, and not just on a basic reading of what little info is available on the wiki of course?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 19, 2011, 08:59:33 AM »
What an odd statement. You have based this of course on the observation of the behaviour of the membership, and not just on a basic reading of what little info is available on the wiki of course?

From what I've seen in Fissoa anyway yeah.

Wait a minute am I sensing douche-tone here? If I am then lets just stop speaking: I am tired of discussions going in this direction.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 19, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »
Well, I have no intentions to classify the Manifest Path as anything, but I don't think it covers what I meant by "handicap".

While considering the Zuma evil and unacceptable would be a big-time handicap in the Maroccidens and Far East, threatening your very safety, in the Lurias it is not more than an oddity. We can publicly curse the Zuma at will, and nothing will happen, they won't send a Daimon army all the way here (though that /would/ be interesting... :p). Regarding being opposed to the Astroists, in theory which religion isn't? And the MP is not opposed to them to the point of considering enemies like the Daimons, or we would have seen different diplomatic relations with Morek. So, yea, so far I don't really see serious handicaps.

What I mean with handicaps were more like random superstitions that actually harm a character's goals. Focusing on a very-long-term plan on colonizing its way to the Zuma is not very harming, it is actually a goal or fuel for its own goals. And it is easily avoidable by considering the Flow Peninsula or the Divide are also not hosting civilized humanity. I meant something more like an army not daring pass through a region before a priest/druid sanctifies it for considering the grounds cursed or before the stars in a menacing position change, a character making random handicapping vows for personal reasons, a unit refusing to stay in any other place than in the front with max retreat options to show courage and such, a Lord unnecessarily hanging rebells in his region because he saw signs of heresy or messages from above indicating so. RP-rich options that do not necessarily go well with power-gaming or simply max-efficiency gaming.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #18: September 19, 2011, 02:24:35 PM »
Well, I have no intentions to classify the Manifest Path as anything, but I don't think it covers what I meant by "handicap".

While considering the Zuma evil and unacceptable would be a big-time handicap in the Maroccidens and Far East, threatening your very safety, in the Lurias it is not more than an oddity. We can publicly curse the Zuma at will, and nothing will happen, they won't send a Daimon army all the way here (though that /would/ be interesting... :p). Regarding being opposed to the Astroists, in theory which religion isn't? And the MP is not opposed to them to the point of considering enemies like the Daimons, or we would have seen different diplomatic relations with Morek. So, yea, so far I don't really see serious handicaps.

What I mean with handicaps were more like random superstitions that actually harm a character's goals. Focusing on a very-long-term plan on colonizing its way to the Zuma is not very harming, it is actually a goal or fuel for its own goals. And it is easily avoidable by considering the Flow Peninsula or the Divide are also not hosting civilized humanity. I meant something more like an army not daring pass through a region before a priest/druid sanctifies it for considering the grounds cursed or before the stars in a menacing position change, a character making random handicapping vows for personal reasons, a unit refusing to stay in any other place than in the front with max retreat options to show courage and such, a Lord unnecessarily hanging rebells in his region because he saw signs of heresy or messages from above indicating so. RP-rich options that do not necessarily go well with power-gaming or simply max-efficiency gaming.

They sent an army to Summerdale because the "Demon Prince" was there, I believe. You aren't out of reach.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 19, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »
They sent an army to Summerdale because the "Demon Prince" was there, I believe. You aren't out of reach.

The Zuma? Garrett made some noises about that, but I don't recall an army actually making its way there. Where did it go through, roundabout through Valkyrja?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #20: September 19, 2011, 02:38:05 PM »
Up and over the sea, if I do recall. Literally.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 19, 2011, 02:53:13 PM »
Really? How many CS?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 19, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
They sent an army to Summerdale because the "Demon Prince" was there, I believe.
They never sent the army. They were very explicit that the war declaration was a formality only, and that they had no intention of attacking. That's not to say that they couldn't send an army, if they wanted to. They just didn't want to.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 19, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »
They never sent the army. They were very explicit that the war declaration was a formality only, and that they had no intention of attacking. That's not to say that they couldn't send an army, if they wanted to. They just didn't want to.

That's also what I remember.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 19, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »
I don't ever remember a Zuma army marching farther than perhaps Paisly.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #25: September 19, 2011, 05:11:21 PM »

I must be remembering it wrong then. Still, don't think you're out of reach just because you're on the other side of the continent.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 19, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
I must be remembering it wrong then. Still, don't think you're out of reach just because you're on the other side of the continent.

Hah, what if the Zuma JOINED the Véinsørmoot?

Bring it Lurian Empire.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 19, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »

Bring it Lurian Empire.

We'd win. 'nough said.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

egamma

« Reply #28: September 19, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »

Bring it Lurian Empire.

Ambassador Garret has observer status--the same as nobles from Avrundil and Madina, fyi. But the daimons have no interest in human politics.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 19, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »
Ambassador Garret has observer status--the same as nobles from Avrundil and Madina, fyi. But the daimons have no interest in human politics.

Would be cool to see the Zuma show up in the MadAurvandil Conflict and simply crush both sides :P