Author Topic: The Balaria Thread  (Read 68604 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: The Balaria Thread
« Reply #105: October 21, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »
How would an elven commando compare with a human commando in terms of skills and abilities?

Dunno. Apart from better eye sight and hearing, not much difference I'd think.

Anyway, chapter 6 is done.

Link: Horizon

Another bit of news: He Who Seeks. This is an side project that has nothing to do with the world of Balaria, so don’t expect the releases to be regular. It’s something I write when I’ve already done my daily quota for Horizon and have absolutely nothing else to do. So you’ll maybe see a chapter per month and that’s a big maybe. I’ll finish the story, don’t worry about that, but it’ll be slow.

Now, what’s the story about? Well, you’ll just have to read it. I don’t have a blurb for you. It’s is sci-fiesque so don’t expect any elves popping up and it’s a lot about character interaction. Give it a try :)

Link: He Who Seeks
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Fury

« Reply #106: October 23, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
Just read He Who Seeks and it's just wow. Intriguing right from the start and as usual you've gone and left us hanging. One chapter per month? That just won't do.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: October 23, 2012, 11:27:32 PM »
Just read He Who Seeks and it's just wow. Intriguing right from the start and as usual you've gone and left us hanging. One chapter per month? That just won't do.

Maybe one per month. Like I said, it's an side project that I dig up when I have nothing else to do.

Horizon is still my main focus and will remain so. It takes me anywhere between 1-3 hours to write the 1000 words for it every day. So time becomes an issue if I were to try and set the same sort of pace for He Who Seeks. That and I'm not sure I can keep my creative juices running to keep two stories going like that.

Still, glad to hear you liked it :)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: November 04, 2012, 03:41:20 PM »
???

Seems I forgot to update this thread last week. Oh well, you get an triple update then :)

Anyway, chapter 7 and 8 of Horizon are done.

Second chapter of He Who Seeks is also out.

Fury

« Reply #109: November 05, 2012, 11:50:16 AM »
I'm really starting to see the big picture on the Horizon now. He who seeks has the feel of one of your short stories given the novel treatment, and that's a good thing.  ;)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: November 06, 2012, 01:46:39 AM »
How would an elven commando compare with a human commando in terms of skills and abilities?
My thinking that Elves have better listening, agility, nature on their side. While human can make full use of technology advance and research 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Fury

« Reply #111: November 06, 2012, 03:46:19 AM »
Everyone in this story is technologically advanced including elves which kind of renders their natural abilities less of an advantage.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: November 06, 2012, 04:19:30 PM »
I'm really starting to see the big picture on the Horizon now.

It is a bit of an twist on the J. R. R. Tolkien sort of concept of elves going away, isn't it? :)

Everyone in this story is technologically advanced including elves which kind of renders their natural abilities less of an advantage.

Indeed. And much of the events take place where there is not much nature to be made use of. The whole affair at the moon colony put restrictions on what sort of magic Nala could use so they had to rely on help and technology.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: November 07, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
It is a bit of an twist on the J. R. R. Tolkien sort of concept of elves going away, isn't it? :)

Indeed. And much of the events take place where there is not much nature to be made use of. The whole affair at the moon colony put restrictions on what sort of magic Nala could use so they had to rely on help and technology.
Does elves much lighter weight than human by any chance? I going read up Horizon to understand further. Seems not much difference between human and elves. Is there any co-bred or forbidden love between both races in future? ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: November 11, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »
Does elves much lighter weight than human by any chance? I going read up Horizon to understand further. Seems not much difference between human and elves. Is there any co-bred or forbidden love between both races in future? ;)

They're a bit frailer in their body build and I'd say there has almost always been forbidden love and co-breeding between them. I hope you do give Horizon a try.

Also, new chapter of Horizon out.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: December 02, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
Whoops. Long time since I remembered to update things here.

Anyway, Horizon is up to chapter 12.

He Who Seeks is up to chapter 3.

Fury

« Reply #116: December 04, 2012, 04:28:30 AM »
No hurting elves? Not even in self defence?
Loriel herself has taken offence at much, much less.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: December 04, 2012, 11:21:46 AM »
No hurting elves? Not even in self defence?
Loriel herself has taken offence at much, much less.

You remember the story of the first Guardian Spirit? Loriel doesn't like it when her chosen ones hurt elves. Besides, she has her plans for him ;)

Fury

« Reply #118: December 04, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
I remember her burning someone to a crisp for disrespect.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: December 04, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »
I remember her burning someone to a crisp for disrespect.

Mm..yes. She also turned the first Guardian Spirit into the first Elf Tree because he killed a few elves. Hence the restriction. Maybe she also likes seeing Nala struggle a bit ;)