Author Topic: The Balaria Thread  (Read 68607 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: The Balaria Thread
« Reply #120: December 10, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »
And chapter 13 of Horizon is out.

Link: Horizon
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: December 16, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »
Last update for this year. Going to take a break from posting stuff(but not from writing) due to Christmas and New Year.

But to compensate that, you get two chapters(14 & 15) of Horizon that should leave things in a good spot for a little breather.

Fury

« Reply #122: December 16, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
Wow. What an ending to Chapter 15. It has the same feel of the first Balaria novel with that mage getting blown out of his quarters and everyone standing around. It's events like these that got me first hooked. Got a lot of nice universal truths in Chapter 14 as well though I did find it odd that the Esperans would use the same earth idiom - don't sell yourself short.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: January 06, 2013, 04:36:54 PM »
Ah, vacations are over. Back to posting the regular stuff :)

So, Chapter 16 of Horizon is here.

I managed to complete the novel during the downtime. Chapter 16 is what starts the road towards the end and it's a fast paced, event filled ride as everything that has been built up so far starts to unravel. I hope you enjoy it :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #124: January 07, 2013, 12:45:17 AM »

I managed to complete the novel during the downtime. Chapter 16 is what starts the road towards the end and it's a fast paced, event filled ride as everything that has been built up so far starts to unravel. I hope you enjoy it :)

Yay! Good job Mikko.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: January 07, 2013, 01:16:30 AM »

I will finally be starting to read your books as luckily you have it in PDF format which makes it easy for me to put in iBooks so I can read it whenever. I have watched the thread for awhile but never been able to read it as I was just too busy and really never in the mood to be reading. I downloaded it though I have only read the first page but I like it all ready. (I am starting with Guardian Spirit)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: January 07, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »
I will finally be starting to read your books as luckily you have it in PDF format which makes it easy for me to put in iBooks so I can read it whenever. I have watched the thread for awhile but never been able to read it as I was just too busy and really never in the mood to be reading. I downloaded it though I have only read the first page but I like it all ready. (I am starting with Guardian Spirit)

Glad to hear that. I hope it works all right on your device. I know PDF files aren't exactly the best behaving since you can't resize the text etc.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: January 13, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
And chapter 17 is out. Just two more left :)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: January 20, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »
Well, let’s get right to it.

Chapter 18 of Horizon. Second to last chapter in the story. It completely changes everything. I hope you guys enjoy it and the conclusion that is to follow :)

I have the next chapter of He Who Seeks done. It just needs an edit. I’ll maybe do that tomorrow. In any case, it’ll be out during the next week. Sorry it has taken so long  :-[

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: January 27, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »
A bit later than usual, but still here.

It’s the final chapter of Horizon along with a short epilogue. With these the story is complete. At around 114 000 words it’s a bit shorter than the previous ones, but still a decent sized read I think. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

It’ll probably be a while before I start posting the next story that takes place in Balaria. I have about 50 pages of it done, but I want to get at least the first part of it done before I start posting. Should make for a more solid read that way since I can edit it at least once as an entire piece.

There's also the fourth chapter of He Who Seeks out.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #130: January 27, 2013, 07:23:42 PM »
Congrats, Mikko!

Don't forget to update the first post too!

(and I'm replying because I want this thread to show up on my "Show new replies to your posts")

Cheers!
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: January 27, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »
Congrats, Mikko!

Don't forget to update the first post too!

I knew I forgot something. Thanks for the reminder :)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: February 24, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
It has taken a while, but I think I’m finally ready to start putting out chapters of the next story set in Balaria. It is called The Pale Rose and it focuses on the childhood of Eleria and Cheid, characters you might remember from Guardian Spirit. If you haven’t read it, don’t worry. You don’t need to have read any of the other novels to get into this one.

So what is the story about? I’ll give you this little sales pitch I came up with(rather hastily I must admit).

Eleria Thraomdan, the imperial princess of Ramyn, is sent to safety after an assassination attempt on her fails. The truth is hidden from her and she is left thinking it is only a routine visit to a place she considers her second home.

Cheid Strihin, the heir of the Strihin family, a family that is tasked with the protection of the imperial princess. To him the princess is a friend, someone he has grown up with. Her arrival at the family estate is nothing unusual for him.

Neither knows what is waiting for them. Neither one knows the pains growing up will bring.

I have to warn you that this is probably one of the darker stories I’ve written. Certainly the darkest one to be set in Balaria. There’s a lot of violence, themes that are pretty hard to go with and some amounts of nudity and sex. So..you’ve been warned, though the first chapter isn’t that bad :)

So, here’s the link: The Pale Rose – Part One

I had a fewer as I did the final edit so I hope I didn’t miss too many mistakes or inconsistencies. It should be fine since I’ve edited it more than a few times. Anyway, I hope you give it a try :)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: March 10, 2013, 04:06:11 PM »
The second chapter is out.

The Pale Rose – Part One

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: March 24, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »
Same as Tali. I want to receive the updates. It works fine to read it at Iphone. I will continue my reading there.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."